[1.7.10] The Ferret Business [WIP][BQ + HQM, 500+ Quests][v 0.2.6]

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Oh yeah, I meant to add that the head displayed in the quest is just a normal Steve? head and not yours. Granted, I don't know if that's a graphical derp in HQM or if it's the head it's looking for not actually being yours.
Graphical derp mostly.

onsp

Jul 29, 2019
Currently in HQM 4 there is a hard cap of 1023 quests. Since I am aiming to explain almost every mod in the pack in some way, in the end I'll probably be reeeaelly close to this cap. =)
This is awesome. How about CustomNPC mod? Can it used to make Ferret Buisness Man =)

riskable

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure what is causing this but my client crashes when trying to join a server. I tried updating some mods (NEI + dependencies, Botania, etc) but that didn't seem to make a difference. The crash didn't change in the slightest. Here's the crash dump in case you think you can do anything about it:

http://paste.ee/p/DhIjq

I can load up single player just fine and it was working great until this morning when I logged out. Now when I try to log back in... Crash. Every time. The log seems to indicate a possible problem with the Toolbox mod but I dunno. That mod seems mosly harmless :)

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure what is causing this but my client crashes when trying to join a server. I tried updating some mods (NEI + dependencies, Botania, etc) but that didn't seem to make a difference. The crash didn't change in the slightest. Here's the crash dump in case you think you can do anything about it:

http://paste.ee/p/DhIjq

I can load up single player just fine and it was working great until this morning when I logged out. Now when I try to log back in... Crash. Every time. The log seems to indicate a possible problem with the Toolbox mod but I dunno. That mod seems mosly harmless :)
Oof apparently this is a new bug that's popped up very recently. No fix for it yet.

Next time you start logging in, try spamming the Q key (for drop). Forge Microblocks used to have an odd issue with icon crashing like that but you could fix it by dropping the item while loading.

Otherwise you'll have to ask the server admin to edit your player NBT to remove the toolbox OR just reset your character's inventory for you.

riskable

Jul 29, 2019
Oof apparently this is a new bug that's popped up very recently. No fix for it yet.

Next time you start logging in, try spamming the Q key (for drop). Forge Microblocks used to have an odd issue with icon crashing like that but you could fix it by dropping the item while loading.

Otherwise you'll have to ask the server admin to edit your player NBT to remove the toolbox OR just reset your character's inventory for you.

Ahaha that worked! I can't believe that worked! Wow, it's great to have such an experienced modpack creator with obscure reference power!

It was funny: Right after joining (spamming the q key) it disconnected me with the following message:

You dropped your items too quickly (Hacking?)​

I thought some sort of in-built mechanism was foiling my attempt to fix the problem but fortunately after reconnecting the toolbox was on the ground and my stuff was saved.

Side note: I am the server admin but I have no idea how to remove an item from the player NBT file. All the NBT editors seem to be Windows or Windows+Mac only and I'm a Linux guy running Minecraft on a Linux server. Any tools that you know of that can edit the player data from the command line?

Reactions: Pudding01

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Side note: I am the server admin but I have no idea how to remove an item from the player NBT file. All the NBT editors seem to be Windows or Windows+Mac only and I'm a Linux guy running Minecraft on a Linux server. Any tools that you know of that can edit the player data from the command line?
Unfortunately I'm not well versed on linux stuff. =(

Jul 29, 2019
My favorite thing to do to make my place seem more like a business:

Step One: Make a desk for your new secretary
Step Two: Make a jailer safari net
Step Three: Make a chair for your new Ferret Business Employee
Step Four: Go out finding new prospects to be your new secretary
Step Five: Release your new employee near your chair so he sits down on it. He might be mad that you captured him like a Pokemon, but as soon as he sits he'll calm down

There you go, a new employee for the Ferret Business! If you give him paper and a typewriter he'll even write fanfiction during his breaks.

EDIT: I used a reusable net in the picture and my Secretary quit (or despawned rather)! Be sure to use a proper jailer net!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2015-06-11 16.13.55.png
    Screenshot 2015-06-11 16.13.55.png
    566.9 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
My favorite thing to do to make my place seem more like a business:

Step One: Make a desk for your new secretary
Step Two: Make a jailer safari net
Step Three: Make a chair for your new Ferret Business Employee
Step Four: Go out finding new prospects to be your new secretary
Step Five: Release your new employee near your chair so he sits down on it. He might be mad that you captured him like a Pokemon, but as soon as he sits he'll calm down

There you go, a new employee for the Ferret Business! If you give him paper and a typewriter he'll even write fanfiction during his breaks.

Ooh, nifty. Side question, is spectral armor any good? I have a ton of ectoplasm and iron laying around, but halfway through the green health bar and with a +40 damage lifesteal cleaver, I don't generally need armor. Granted, I have a set of ender amethyst I'm slowly enchanting since it's ridiculously good on its own. The only issue is that combining it in an anvil (well, dark steel anvil, but I don't think that matters) with ender amethyst doesn't work, so I'll have to find another way to repair it when the time comes.

Jul 29, 2019
Ooh, nifty. Side question, is spectral armor any good?

I find it to be better than Iron and under Diamond in terms of protection. EDIT: Looks like a full armor set at ~300-500 durability for each piece.

HOWEVER, the full set of Spectral Armor not only makes you entirely translucent, but whenever you do damage to an entity you get half a heart of health back. It has been a blessing in some if the lower levels of Rougelike Dungeons due to how freaking enchanted their armor gets.

Combine it with a sword that can leech life and you can have a pretty cheap set of armor that you can enchant and stay alive with. I call it the Vampire Set.

Last edited:

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
I find it to be better than Iron and under Diamond in terms of protection. EDIT: Looks like a full armor set at ~300-500 durability for each piece.

HOWEVER, the full set of Spectral Armor not only makes you entirely translucent, but whenever you do damage to an entity you get half a heart of health back. It has been a blessing in some if the lower levels of Rougelike Dungeons due to how freaking enchanted their armor gets.

Combine it with a sword that can leech life and you can have a pretty cheap set of armor that you can enchant and stay alive with. I call it the Vampire Set.

Ooh, I didn't know about the leeching. If you wanna really turbocharge that build, you can keep a backup paper sword with nothing except one repair and a bunch of lifesteal, for when you get in a really bad way. That said, I'd also recommend the Lycanite's battle burrito which gives about half a dozen battle effects, including resistance II and regen II. Or the Botania tainted blood pendant with whatever brew you desire. I personally find the regen ones to be particularly useful (note that the pendant and other short effects are nullified for Gaia fights, but the burrito's effects will work until they start running low, it has to do with how Vazkii coded the Gaia fight to work).

Jul 29, 2019
I have a broadsword and whenever I get a modifier slot I just shove sooooo much quartz on it. Only thing it needed apart from that was Lapis for fortune. Never was a fan for cleavers and the rapier is just really, really weird to see. I kinda want to get into the scythes for the AoE and because they are awesome.

Currently +20 Attack with Fortune 3 and Reinforced 3 and it isn't even into the + levels yet

Going to use an Emerald on it, possibly moss.

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
I have a broadsword and whenever I get a modifier slot I just shove sooooo much quartz on it. Only thing it needed apart from that was Lapis for fortune. Never was a fan for cleavers and the rapier is just really, really weird to see. I kinda want to get into the scythes for the AoE and because they are awesome.

Currently +20 Attack with Fortune 3 and Reinforced 3 and it isn't even into the + levels yet

Going to use an Emerald on it, possibly moss.

Nice. I personally prefer cleavers; once you get their damage up to 1-shot levels, the slower swing speed is virtually nullified. Right now, mine's a +40 damage with moss, looting III, a lifesteal, and an extra beheading from a free mod. The rest is pure quartz, and it's great. I can one-shot endermen and kill the Wither, Gaia Guardian (one and two), and I think the original Ender Dragon in under ten hits with it.

OneLargeFarva

Jul 29, 2019
So I haven't seen this problem on here yet. Actually I have two separate problems I've noticed since the update.

The first - I've been playing on a private server and my friend and I were party'd up in the quest book, but after the update I can't stay in the party. When I log in alone my quest book is back to the start. So he will invite me to the party and everything is fine. But if I log off and log back on I'm out of the party. Any suggestions?

Second - all my pneumatic craft plant seeds turn to black plastic. If I manually drop a stack of seeds in the pressure chamber I get a rainbow of different plastics. I haven't found a way around this. Is this the cause of the world spawn change for pneumatic craft?

Thanks for any help.
I LOVE THIS PACK. BTW!

OneLargeFarva

Jul 29, 2019
Just found a bug...sorry I don't have my crash log but right clicking a tesseract with a Terra Shatterer crashed my game. Happens every time.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
The first - I've been playing on a private server and my friend and I were party'd up in the quest book, but after the update I can't stay in the party. When I log in alone my quest book is back to the start. So he will invite me to the party and everything is fine. But if I log off and log back on I'm out of the party. Any suggestions?
This is a known issue with HQM that happens, unfortunately. =(

Second - all my pneumatic craft plant seeds turn to black plastic. If I manually drop a stack of seeds in the pressure chamber I get a rainbow of different plastics. I haven't found a way around this. Is this the cause of the world spawn change for pneumatic craft?
This...shouldn't be happening, weird. Next update SHOULD have the new Oil system, so any bugs with the plastic seeds should be going away.

Just found a bug...sorry I don't have my crash log but right clicking a tesseract with a Terra Shatterer crashed my game. Happens every time.
Hm, this one is new.

Is your private server using Cauldron or just normal Forge server stuff?

Reactions: Pudding01

mulch_75

Jul 29, 2019
Could we get some faster ways to package and exchange coins? I have over 30K of coins to exchange and it's to slow to bag them and exchange as there is no automatic way of doing this. Compressed coins or something like compressed cobble would be amazing and you would only need to go say 2 levels deep to get an 81 times improvement in what is currently available automatically.
I did setup a player interface to pump the coins into my inventory and the bags out of my hotbar which improved it but it still takes a long time.
I then went in and created 2 new quests in the HQM Editor for myself that exchanged 1600 coins (25 stacks of 64, almost a full inventory and a nice even multiple of 50) for 32 coin bags and then 16 coin bags for 160 vouchers. This made things a lot quicker too.
Am I missing something or is this the only way to manage coins? Trader chits are so much easier, I have them autocrafting up to the 256 chit, then I just manually do it from there and submit the 4096.