[1.7.10] Technofirma - The Original Terrafirmacraft Modpack

Pixelmnkey

Jul 29, 2019
Uhm, charcoal from the coke oven dosn't work with terrafirma, can you change the output of it to match terrafirma's charcoal? Coke's Oven charcoal is "gemCharcoal" while Terrafirma's "anyCoal" and "GemCharcoal" is this intentional?

Trek54

Jul 29, 2019
Hey,

Just checking I am just updating my technofirmacraft server, what changes have been made to the server? I tried copying the files over the old ones which broke it, tried running it on its own and installing forge for it didn't work and running it on its own seems to generate a strange pause error which when it says hit any key to continue just closes itself.

What am I doing wrong? (haha apart from doing this when I am dog tired.) My version of technofirmacraft is back from February. I am also wondering if my world will be compatible with the latest version?

cheers for your help.

Resonate

Jul 29, 2019
Hi,
Sheep seem to be completely un-tameable. No matter how many days in a row I feed them they remain at 0 familiarity.

teagan75

Jul 29, 2019
yes. no one is able to tame them now.
Yeah I just think that's a bugged animal. I have had issues with disappearing animals, duplicating animals and my bull lost all it's familiarity and I had to start over. Maybe the heart isn't showing the familiarity? But if you can't sheer the sheep then it's probably bugged.

teagan75

Jul 29, 2019
so i am no longer getting any errors for the streams mod, but my server continues to shutdown (over night) with an error that names ELN (electrical age mod). I have looked on the mod's issue tracker and there are issues with this mod on a server. Here is the error.
http://pastebin.com/3PguxayJ

kev12east

Jul 29, 2019
Hey,

Just checking I am just updating my technofirmacraft server, what changes have been made to the server? I tried copying the files over the old ones which broke it, tried running it on its own and installing forge for it didn't work and running it on its own seems to generate a strange pause error which when it says hit any key to continue just closes itself.

What am I doing wrong? (haha apart from doing this when I am dog tired.) My version of technofirmacraft is back from February. I am also wondering if my world will be compatible with the latest version?

cheers for your help.

If the current version you are running is 2.9.0, and you are trying to update to the latest version, then you will need to load the world in singleplayer, then put it back on your server.

Hi,
Sheep seem to be completely un-tameable. No matter how many days in a row I feed them they remain at 0 familiarity.

I am looking into this issue.

Trek54

Jul 29, 2019
Hey,

Nope my current server version (which I have backed up) is as far as I can tell 1.7.1. It still has Archimedes ships in. I have no idea how to update to the current version of server

1st way when I drag and drop it over the top won't start up just crashes to desktop or pauses and says press any button to continue.

2nd way I tried fresh install of the current version server didn't add forge to the server folder and just ran it. It ran through everything then paused said press any button to continue nothing happened it just turns itself off.

3rd try added forge to the current server with a fresh unzip. It also reaches a moment were it says pause press anything to continue and then just turns itself off well.

I updated java for 32 bit and 64 bit no dice. Could you please tell me what I have done wrong. Once the server works I shall attempt to add my world but until it works there isn't much point.

Trek54

Jul 29, 2019
^Disregard. I just realised the EULA hadn't updated and reverted back to false. Cheers for help

Trek54

Jul 29, 2019
Is there snow biomes or snow at all in this update? So far I have done a lot of flying at fast speeds in all directions on a few seeds with no sign of it as of yet.

Conversationally is there any update on the terrafirmacraft port to v1.8? Googling hasn't brought that much info back.

Last edited:

teagan75

Jul 29, 2019
Is there snow biomes or snow at all in this update? So far I have done a lot of flying at fast speeds in all directions on a few seeds with no sign of it as of yet.

Yes but when you start a new world, it is June. In existing worlds the region has to get enough rainfall and be freezing or colder in order to get snow.

Conversationally is there any update on the terrafirmacraft port to v1.8? Googling hasn't brought that much info back.

This is all that has been said. http://terrafirmacraft.com/index.html/_/articles/news-from-the-front-r70

kev12east

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, snow does spawn. That was a bug where snow would not be placed by Weather 2 storms, that is now fixed. Snow can pile up to 5 blocks high.

I am working on Technofirma 3, which will be for MC 1.8 and TFC 2. Currently, TFC 2 is just terrain generation, so I can not work on recipes and such.

ghezra

Jul 29, 2019
So I've looked around, and tried a search on this forum post,

But why is thaumcraft in this modpack? You can't craft caps that I can tell, I haven't come upon any shards, is it even usable? The only thing I've seen it add at the greatwood trees (the chests giving items that are completely useless as they pull from the normal minecraft/thaumcraft item sets), and the nodes. The hungry nodes just being there as an added danger when exploring/dieing.

Other than that, we are enjoying the challenge this provides. We are barely into the bronze age and its been a little bit. Surprised also to see a mod dev working on something for 1.8. Crazy! :)

teagan75

Jul 29, 2019
You can craft the caps in an anvil however, sometimes the recipes get bugged with game/server restarts and won't show up in NEI. I know kev 12east is working on resolving that issue for the next update. The shards should be found while mining. They are on the ore list. Also keep in mind this is a WIP modpack and he continually adds more recipes with each update.

kev12east

Jul 29, 2019
So I've looked around, and tried a search on this forum post,

But why is thaumcraft in this modpack? You can't craft caps that I can tell, I haven't come upon any shards, is it even usable? The only thing I've seen it add at the greatwood trees (the chests giving items that are completely useless as they pull from the normal minecraft/thaumcraft item sets), and the nodes. The hungry nodes just being there as an added danger when exploring/dieing.

Other than that, we are enjoying the challenge this provides. We are barely into the bronze age and its been a little bit. Surprised also to see a mod dev working on something for 1.8. Crazy! :)
You can craft the caps in an anvil however, sometimes the recipes get bugged with game/server restarts and won't show up in NEI. I know kev 12east is working on resolving that issue for the next update. The shards should be found while mining. They are on the ore list. Also keep in mind this is a WIP modpack and he continually adds more recipes with each update.

There is an issue with recipes, simply restart your game as teagan stated. Also, I do not make any mods, I simply meant that I was starting to put the pack together for 1.8. If you need help locating shards, make a prospecting focus and use those in your wand. Glad people like the pack :).

The next update is almost ready, it is kind of small, but should fix a lot of bugs and adds some new ones as well.

Reactions: teagan75

AwaKkiM

Jul 29, 2019
Hi,

I've actually install this mod pack and I want to remove the "Thaumcraft" part. But when I disable the three part with Thaumcraft in the name, the launcher doesn't want to open Minecraft.

Someone is able to help me please ?

P.S. Sorry for my english it sin't my motherlanguage and it's quit difficult for me.

kev12east

Jul 29, 2019
Hi,

I've actually install this mod pack and I want to remove the "Thaumcraft" part. But when I disable the three part with Thaumcraft in the name, the launcher doesn't want to open Minecraft.

Someone is able to help me please ?

P.S. Sorry for my english it sin't my motherlanguage and it's quit difficult for me.

Could you please provide a crash report or console log?

kev12east

Jul 29, 2019
Just sent in the next update to FTB, if all goes well it should be up soon.
Update 2.11.0

Forge Version: 10.13.1.1307

Added Custom Main Menu, Lumien
Added In-Game Wiki, MineMarten
Added Light Control, Tmtravlr
Added Not Enough Keys, Mr. Okushama
Added Pneumaticcraft, MineMarten
Added Resource Loader, Lumien
Added Hotkey Ore Dictionary Conerter, MattDaEpic
Added MDEcore, MattDaEpic
Added TFCRailcraft, vidaj

Fixes many issues, including Coke Ovens producing vanilla charcoal.
Some new recipes
Noob Protection is now enabled by default, it can be disabled in the DarkserverUtils config.