Recent Events Discussion (RED) Thread

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
Speaking of Thaumcraft, the Node Tracker Mod is absolutely amazing. It tracks any nodes you've scanned and it brings up it's own compass when activated. The GUI is awesome, the compass is beautiful, it tracks aspects AND strength of the nodes. Even if you don't like minimaps, ESPECIALLY if you don't like minimaps, you should check out that mod.

http://www.curse.com/mc-mods/minecraft/227328-thaumcraft-node-tracker

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Where's it say that?

"Spigot/CraftBukkit/GlowStone v1.7.10 - v1.8: Dynmap v2.1:
Minecraft v1.8 with Forge v11.14.0: DynmapForge v2.1:
Minecraft v1.7.10 with Forge v10.13.2, Cauldron v1.7.10: DynmapForge v2.1"

There is a bukkit and a forge version.

TomeWyrm

Jul 29, 2019
Perhaps I should clarify...

There used to be several map mods that would map out the whole server map that could then be seen online at a URL. No editing required.
JourneMap and DynMap I think. I know JourneyMap has a web server/broadcast feature, and I think the bukkit plugin I used to use was DynMap

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Speaking of Thaumcraft, the Node Tracker Mod is absolutely amazing. It tracks any nodes you've scanned and it brings up it's own compass when activated. The GUI is awesome, the compass is beautiful, it tracks aspects AND strength of the nodes. Even if you don't like minimaps, ESPECIALLY if you don't like minimaps, you should check out that mod.

http://www.curse.com/mc-mods/minecraft/227328-thaumcraft-node-tracker

I'd like it even more if it'd be able to register where exactly it scanned a node.
with that I mean if a node is scanned at a world generation structure such as a thaumium hill, thaumium altar or eldritch obelisk.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
I'd like it even more if it'd be able to register where exactly it scanned a node.
with that I mean if a node is scanned at a world generation structure such as a thaumium hill, thaumium altar or eldritch obelisk.
LOL, use your minimap guy! But the vast majority of sinister nodes appear in those places right? Its be easy to narrow it down based on that info maybe?

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
LOL, use your minimap guy! But the vast majority of sinister nodes appear in those places right? Its be easy to narrow it down based on that info maybe?

minimap doesn't always work, as the structures may (partially) be covered by things such as trees
the biome may change color to indicate that there may be a sinister node, but that only really works if you stay at that node long enough for the biome to change

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
minimap doesn't always work, as the structures may (partially) be covered by things such as trees
the biome may change color to indicate that there may be a sinister node, but that only really works if you stay at that node long enough for the biome to change
Or perhaps if you scan a node at a worldgen structure you can make a (disabled) waypoint marking its location.

Reactions: RedBoss

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Or perhaps if you scan a node at a worldgen structure you can make a (disabled) waypoint marking its location.

I've been doing that for some time now, the downside though is if you've scanned alot of those and created waypoints for all of them it gets annoying to figure out if you scanned one of those already or not
I did suggest to the JourneyMap developers the option of grouping waypoints together so it'll be easier to hide or show waypoints that are in the same group and it seems this will be added to JourneyMap

gardenapple

Mod Developer
Jan 14, 2014
Since when is this a thing? o_O
upload_2015-5-18_16-34-31.png