Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

sgbros1

Jul 29, 2019
If Cave mode can display strongholds, JourneyMap would be the way. If not vanilla is the best (and I think the only way)

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Also DW20, easiest way to find the end portal? or simple vanilla methods the best still? :(
Load up your save in Unmined and look for the library. You need to have visited and generated the area though, but I had flight before I went to The End so that wasn't hard for me, and a single Eye of Ender got me going in the right direction.

Reactions: Psychicash

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
Load up your save in Unmined and look for the library. You need to have visited and generated the area though, but I had flight before I went to The End so that wasn't hard for me, and a single Eye of Ender got me going in the right direction.

I was just hoping there was an easier way, I often loose the eyes even with flight and a magnet :( Don't know what happens to them... oh well. You'd think a mod would add like an ender compass, a piece of end stone surrounded by 4 eyes of ender... that would be spiffy yup yup

devilcat76

Jul 29, 2019
I was just hoping there was an easier way, I often loose the eyes even with flight and a magnet :( Don't know what happens to them... oh well. You'd think a mod would add like an ender compass, a piece of end stone surrounded by 4 eyes of ender... that would be spiffy yup yup
There is a mod that adds an ender compass. In fact I think it's called Ender Compass and should be located on curse. Can't link at the moment as I'm at work.

ThTs

Jul 29, 2019
Tinkers Construct: When constructing crossbows, what modifiers will work / won't work on the crossbows itself and the bolts? I am talking about stuff like lapis (for looting) or nether quartz (for increased damage). Thanks for any help!

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Tinkers Construct: When constructing crossbows, what modifiers will work / won't work on the crossbows itself and the bolts? I am talking about stuff like lapis (for looting) or nether quartz (for increased damage). Thanks for any help!
Anything you apply to a sword, apart from beheading, is for the bolts (IIRC)
For the crossbow itself, redstone, that's all I see people use anyway.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Anything you apply to a sword, apart from beheading, is for the bolts (IIRC)
For the crossbow itself, redstone, that's all I see people use anyway.
Can I ask a question too? If you make a stack of uber-arrows and they run out, do you lose them or do they become "broken" like the tools; and if the latter is the case, can you put moss on them to make them regenerate in number?

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Can I ask a question too? If you make a stack of uber-arrows and they run out, do you lose them or do they become "broken" like the tools; and if the latter is the case, can you put moss on them to make them regenerate in number?
You can put moss on them, unless that was changed, and then they won't run out, if you let them regenerate.
But I believe that when you use them all, that's it, they're gone.

But honestly, I have never used Tinkers' ranged weaponry.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
You can put moss on them, unless that was changed, and then they won't run out, if you let them regenerate.
But I believe that when you use them all, that's it, they're gone.

But honestly, I have never used Tinkers' ranged weaponry.
Ah, OK - thanks @jordsta95! :) I saw them being put to good use during Delgar3's ME^4 series, so I'm strongly considering making some in my AgSkies playthrough. Not really sure what for, mind, just because!

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013

I believe a stack of 0 projectiles must be repaired before moss will work on them, but that may be a custom config.

legionite626

Jul 29, 2019
What version of FTB Infinity should be on Curse right now? According to the May 8th news it should be 1.5.1 but mine is on 1.4.1 and an update isn't available.

legionite626

Jul 29, 2019
I just checked and I am currently on Release on the profile but the version is 1.4.1. Is the news just referring to the FTB launcher or is there a separate issue?

MKilljoy

Jul 29, 2019
We have a server hosted through a company we've been using for the past 2 years with 1.28 GB mem, running the Monster pack for a long time. We've recently started a FTB Infinity 1.7.10 pack world v 1.3.4
I tried updating it to the latest 1.5.1, and the CPU usage went from averaging 70% to running out of memory and pegging the CPU usage at 100%. Is there that much difference from 1.3.4 (or 1.4.1 which my host says runs fine after testing it) to 1.5.1? A memory leak anyone knows about?

I would assume that'd be the update to Mystcraft, if it is still doing it after 20 minutes or so, then it may be something else.

But honestly, 1.28gb? Do you mean 128? If 128, then after Myst- has done its profiling, everything should be fine. If 1.28, then I don't even know how it can run...

I didn't think our amount of memory would make that big of an effect on a simple upgrade of a pack we already use with NO lag issues. As I said, despite only 1.28GB of memory, our CPU usage (which we only have about 3-4 people on at a time) has stayed consistent at 50 - 70 %. The 1.5.1 pack has pegged the CPU usage with no one on. Is it still a memory problem or a set up problem? (FYI, I am told that the servers are running on the latest Xenon processors, and we have unlimited CPU use)

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
I didn't think our amount of memory would make that big of an effect on a simple upgrade of a pack we already use with NO lag issues. As I said, despite only 1.28GB of memory, our CPU usage (which we only have about 3-4 people on at a time) has stayed consistent at 50 - 70 %. The 1.5.1 pack has pegged the CPU usage with no one on. Is it still a memory problem or a set up problem? (FYI, I am told that the servers are running on the latest Xenon processors, and we have unlimited CPU use)
How long does CPU stay high for?

MKilljoy

Jul 29, 2019
How long does CPU stay high for?

It seemed like it never went down, but I never timed it with the thought that it would ever go down. After the server was fully started up, I logged in and the client had severe block lag, slow mob movement, and constant stutters with going back 3 seconds when it would catch up.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
It seemed like it never went down, but I never timed it with the thought that it would ever go down. After the server was fully started up, I logged in and the client had severe block lag, slow mob movement, and constant stutters with going back 3 seconds when it would catch up.
Start it up, leave it for maybe 10-15 minutes (maybe a little longer based on the low RAM) - there may be a console message saying "profiling complete"? Someone who knows Myst better than me may be able to confirm that?

But when you see something like that, then give it a go?