[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
A weird thing happened today, I loaded up Regrowth on my server - seems to work fine for everyone but me, I can only break grass blocks. It works fine for me in singleplayer and, as I said, it works for everyone else on the server. I thought at first I was trying to break things too close to spawn but I'm well away and there's no change. Anyone run across this?
Sounds like you've managed to accidentally switch to Adventure mode maybe?

Baconus_Yum

Jul 29, 2019
Looks to me like you're using Light Gray dye rather than Gray dye.

1. They won't, you craft the village spawn wand later in the game.
2. They actually sound like wolves now (rather than strangled cats), howl as a pack rather than individually if there are multiple in a small area, the sound doesn't penetrate walls or travel long distances without losing volume (this was a big part of their nuisance) and they can't spawn in lit areas anymore.
3. It's one secret feature, I just listed it under all the mods I've been using to make it.

I am rather busy with uni, though finals aren't for another month yet. Honestly the point of this feature being labelled as secret is that it's something never been done before in a pack, and I kinda want to build the suspense and see how long it takes people to find it.

All YAMPST has been capable of since the pack got listed is sending me crash reports, the YAMPST servers can't actually handle the volume of data from the stats it tracks. FYI, those stats are pack installs, launches and playtime - they're just things that let a pack author see how much their pack is being used.
If disabling it causes improvement for you, go for it. It doesn't do anything functionally in the game though, so doubt you'll find any difference.
Let me take a wild guess:
You are making your own mod for this,
You are allowing creative only tools to be made
Or
You are making a texture pack for this mod ONLY

Baconus_Yum

Jul 29, 2019
Oh my...
I just thought of what it could be.....

Either you can marry and do that thing with the villagers...
Or play as a villager.

Arbitrary

Jul 29, 2019
I created a video of my mana distribution and storage setup so I can get some tips from people more experienced with Botania than I.

Zimek

Jul 29, 2019
I created a video of my mana distribution and storage setup so I can get some tips from people more experienced with Botania than I.

Well you asked for comments, so here goes.

-Looks great
-Well thought-out
-You can manually bind a flower to a particular mana spreader using bind mode of your wand of the forest (though sometimes it's easier to just re-place the blocks in the right order)
-The creation of terrasteel is sped up by the rate at which you are feeding it mana. Your one spark-ed pool will always make terrasteel at the same rate; your 4x mana spreader buffer chain just refills that pool faster. I'd advise you to have several spark-ed pools at the end of your chain, both to make terrasteel faster now, and also later you may want them for things like bands of mana or tablets, timeless ivy repairing, that sort of thing... for use with the dispersive spark augment. The same theory applies to the runic altar, btw.. you can make that kind of crafting faster by throwing more mana into it at once (using multiple spreaders)
-Not sure if you're annoyed by having your generating flowers at different levels... i'd be always falling into the hydroangeas myself. if you want to change it, you can make the dayblooms and nightshades floating, which makes them block water, and you could then raise the hydros. Or you may just prefer it like this.

Reactions: Arbitrary

Amadeus99

Jul 29, 2019
Just some tidbits.

If you shift-right-click the wand in the air, it will change it to Bind Mode. In bind mode, you can shift-right-click a block/flower to select that block flower and then shift-right-click another block/flower and it will bind the first to the second. You can use this to change which spreader a flower is bound to or what a spreader is bound to. You can shift-right-click the wand in the air to switch back to Function Mode.

Unless it was changed and I missed it in a change log, having a mana spreader send mana to another spreader causes a small loss in mana.

If you want, you could put sparks on other nearby pools to make making terrasteel faster. It will pull from all sparks in a 12 block range.

Making the alfheim(sp?) portal and throwing your lexicon in it will give you more recipes including augments for sparks which can let you move mana around a lot more quickly and even through walls. Especially useful if you need to move mana long distances.

Arbitrary

Jul 29, 2019
Well you asked for comments, so here goes.

-Looks great
-Well thought-out
-You can manually bind a flower to a particular mana spreader using bind mode of your wand of the forest (though sometimes it's easier to just re-place the blocks in the right order)
-The creation of terrasteel is sped up by the rate at which you are feeding it mana. Your one spark-ed pool will always make terrasteel at the same rate; your 4x mana spreader buffer chain just refills that pool faster. I'd advise you to have several spark-ed pools at the end of your chain, both to make terrasteel faster now, and also later you may want them for things like bands of mana or tablets, timeless ivy repairing, that sort of thing... for use with the dispersive spark augment. The same theory applies to the runic altar, btw.. you can make that kind of crafting faster by throwing more mana into it at once (using multiple spreaders)
-Not sure if you're annoyed by having your generating flowers at different levels... i'd be always falling into the hydroangeas myself. if you want to change it, you can make the dayblooms and nightshades floating, which makes them block water, and you could then raise the hydros. Or you may just prefer it like this.
Do you mean have the floating flowers and then have the water raised above ground and it would be held in place by the floating dayblooms and nightshades?

Thanks for the tips!

Arbitrary

Jul 29, 2019
Just some tidbits.

If you shift-right-click the wand in the air, it will change it to Bind Mode. In bind mode, you can shift-right-click a block/flower to select that block flower and then shift-right-click another block/flower and it will bind the first to the second. You can use this to change which spreader a flower is bound to or what a spreader is bound to. You can shift-right-click the wand in the air to switch back to Function Mode.

Unless it was changed and I missed it in a change log, having a mana spreader send mana to another spreader causes a small loss in mana.

If you want, you could put sparks on other nearby pools to make making terrasteel faster. It will pull from all sparks in a 12 block range.

Making the alfheim(sp?) portal and throwing your lexicon in it will give you more recipes including augments for sparks which can let you move mana around a lot more quickly and even through walls. Especially useful if you need to move mana long distances.
I do know about using the wand to bind but I have 96 flowers per side so it was easier to just break the spreaders that I didn't want to have connections with flowers.

I will definitely add a lot more sparks to the pools above so I don't run out of mana for terrasteal. When my pools all get full, I have set of 12 mana tablets that I fill up. Then when I'm making terrasteel, I throw a few of those full tablets onto my source pool so I can keep producing.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Just confirmed that Coven Witches will spawn on their own, regardless of stone circles. I went out to plant an extra Silverwood, and spotted a 'villager' wandering around. (I was concerned that somehow one of my two had escaped.) But instead Hathor Valentine asked me why I was wasting [her?] time.

I haven't even seen a stone circle in my travels. There is a possibility that the Magical Forest biome might be a source, so keep an eye on your pure-node Silverwoods

Raetac

Jul 29, 2019

You could add mana spreaders to the sides of the pools in the pylon you have going there, if LoS is an issue, go with some phantom lenses

Arbitrary

Jul 29, 2019
You could add mana spreaders to the sides of the pools in the pylon you have going there, if LoS is an issue, go with some phantom lenses
Line of sight has definitely been difficult to manage. I've had to manually aim the mana spreaders at the distributors. I'll look into the phantom lenses. and, you're right. the more spreaders I add to those distributed pools, the more I can keep working with my one pool down below.

Booker The Geek

Feb 26, 2013
Pacific North West, USA
Line of sight has definitely been difficult to manage. I've had to manually aim the mana spreaders at the distributors. I'll look into the phantom lenses. and, you're right. the more spreaders I add to those distributed pools, the more I can keep working with my one pool down below.
use the bind mode on the spreader and then select the target.

Arbitrary

Jul 29, 2019
use the bind mode on the spreader and then select the target.
I have used bind. For example, I bound a spreader to the distributor and it pointed the spreader but it still actually targets the first thing in its way, the mana pool. I had to manually aim them up slightly higher to miss the pools.

jepstein30

Jul 29, 2019
Crashed and something popped up telling me a "fatal error had occurred'

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
// Don't be sad. I'll do better next time, I promise!

Time: 5/5/15 11:05 PM
Description: Exception in server tick loop

java.lang.NullPointerException: Exception in server tick loop
at nl.lang2619.bagginses.inventory.InventoryItemMain.setNBT(InventoryItemMain.java:134)
at nl.lang2619.bagginses.items.bags.container.BagContainer.func_75134_a(BagContainer.java:106)
at net.minecraft.entity.player.EntityPlayer.func_70106_y(EntityPlayer.java:1325)
at net.minecraft.world.World.func_72900_e(World.java:1371)
at net.minecraft.server.management.ServerConfigurationManager.func_72367_e(ServerConfigurationManager.java:316)
at net.minecraft.network.NetHandlerPlayServer.func_147231_a(NetHandlerPlayServer.java:633)
at net.minecraft.network.NetworkSystem.func_151269_c(NetworkSystem.java:158)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71190_q(MinecraftServer.java:659)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:547)
at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer.func_71217_p(IntegratedServer.java:111)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:427)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer$2.run(MinecraftServer.java:685)

(removed rest because it was too long to post)

any ideas? something in my inventory?

was coming back from the nether