[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

Kmad

Jul 29, 2019
I also bred all of the flowers, so handy when you want to mass produce 64+ endoflames for example
Or, perhaps, 100 Hydroangeas or so. I'd really rather harvest the petals from crops than hope I can find 150 cyan flowers.

lunakm

Jul 29, 2019
How do you harvest natural gas? I was under the impression from the books that I could use the air pump and a mariculture tank. Sit them side by side in the gas leak cave and then hand crank the pump to fill the tank. I've had no luck so far...

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
How do you harvest natural gas? I was under the impression from the books that I could use the air pump and a mariculture tank. Sit them side by side in the gas leak cave and then hand crank the pump to fill the tank. I've had no luck so far...

The pump needs a redstone signal to operate; I recommend a lever.

Anyway, I'm about to take on the Wither and then Gaia Guardain 1. I've got an extreme potion from magical crops (the combined one), two rings of far reach, a heavily enchanted suit of thaumium fortress armor with embedded goggles of revealing and a sipping fiend faceplate (sometimes gain health from smackin' things) with terrasteel boots, a heavily enchanted terrablade, berserker's vambraces (+2 to attack), seraph's pauldrons (a double jump), a sojourner's sash, four extra hearts, and a tainted blood pendand with resistance II. I have a cloak of voluminous pockets, but I doubt I'm going to swap it for the berserker one. Anything else I can do to up my odds with this? Depending on how the Wither fight goes, I may see what booster things I can make from the nether star. Plus, I'm planning on adding in a few more enchantments to my armor as well as maybe farming a few more red hearts.

Also, where's a good place to get the Wither in close quarters? I know about getting on top of the Nether, but it can fly off there.

EDIT: Oh yeah. I took on the Gaia Guardian once before, and I think it voided the magic crops regen potion effect. Anyone know anything about how that works?

Raetac

Jul 29, 2019
make sure you have enough space around the pump at least 2 blocks of air/gas space not counting the tank

Raetac

Jul 29, 2019
The pump needs a redstone signal to operate; I recommend a lever.

Anyway, I'm about to take on the Wither and then Gaia Guardain 1. I've got an extreme potion from magical crops (the combined one), two rings of far reach, a heavily enchanted suit of thaumium fortress armor with embedded goggles of revealing and a sipping fiend faceplate (sometimes gain health from smackin' things) with terrasteel boots, a heavily enchanted terrablade, berserker's vambraces (+2 to attack), seraph's pauldrons (a double jump), a sojourner's sash, four extra hearts, and a tainted blood pendand with resistance II. I have a cloak of voluminous pockets, but I doubt I'm going to swap it for the berserker one. Anything else I can do to up my odds with this? Depending on how the Wither fight goes, I may see what booster things I can make from the nether star. Plus, I'm planning on adding in a few more enchantments to my armor as well as maybe farming a few more red hearts.

Also, where's a good place to get the Wither in close quarters? I know about getting on top of the Nether, but it can fly off there.

EDIT: Oh yeah. I took on the Gaia Guardian once before, and I think it voided the magic crops regen potion effect. Anyone know anything about how that works?
Wither fight, I have had very good results with fighting that on the ocean floor bed with a obsidian cage for the wither

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
Wither fight, I have had very good results with fighting that on the ocean floor bed with a obsidian cage for the wither

Hmm, I might try that, thanks. My biggest concern is whether the Gaia Guardian will void my effects again; it did that when I fought it in a different world, granted it was only regen that time.

So, I've taken my double rings of far reach out for a test spin while farming exp and red hearts, and, despite the Lexica Botania description, they don't seem to be having an effect on my entity-smacking range. So, question is, is this a bug, undocumented Botania change, or a config change by TPL?

Last edited:

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
I had a few questions for my fellow gamers.

1st: How are you guys auto producing charcoal for edoflames(I think that's the flower that eats coal, wood, etc.)?

2nd: Does anyone know anything about the new Botania Relics? I just rolled and got a Ring of Thor, and after searching for an hour I have only found that it helps with the TerraShatter. As for the other Relics, it seems they are very hush hush. Oh, wait the blade is like the TerraBlade, but the beams that shoot out will track mobs.

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019

1st: How are you guys auto producing charcoal for edoflames(I think that's the flower that eats coal, wood, etc.)?

2nd: Does anyone know anything about the new Botania Relics? I just rolled and got a Ring of Thor, and after searching for an hour I have only found that it helps with the TerraShatter. As for the other Relics, it seems they are very hush hush. Oh, wait the blade is like the TerraBlade, but the beams that shoot out will track mobs.

1st: Hydroangeas all the way man.

2nd: Virtually nothing, sorry.

silentrob

Jul 29, 2019

Lumber Axe + 450 Lapis (Fortune III) + Lava Crystal (auto smelt) = around 3 stacks of charcoal (on average) per tall jungle tree.

I also found that dropping a stack of charcoal blocks (basically 3 trees worth) onto 64 endoflames is essentially one full pool's worth of mana. At the rate I'm going, I'll have that SS rank Terra Shatterer in no time!

The only one I know about is the Ring of Loki, because Vazkii posted a preview video. I can't wait to try it out!

TheGoldCrayon

Jul 29, 2019
Lumber Axe + 450 Lapis (Fortune III) + Lava Crystal (auto smelt) = around 3 stacks of charcoal (on average) per tall jungle tree.

I also found that dropping a stack of charcoal blocks (basically 3 trees worth) onto 64 endoflames is essentially one full pool's worth of mana. At the rate I'm going, I'll have that SS rank Terra Shatterer in no time!

The only one I know about is the Ring of Loki, because Vazkii posted a preview video. I can't wait to try it out!
I believe the fir trees from Natura are taller than the jungle ones, but I could be wrong. Those can be planted in a 1x1 or 2x2, so if you get one from mutandis, I'd use that. I've been doing that to get most of the wood I need.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Rainbow Eucalyptus are some pretty huge trees... I seem to have that luck. 'Hey, this tree looks interesting. Let's plant it!'

*Foomp*

fcjFK6r.png

Reactions: JustHeyo

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know if looting affects Gaia Guardian drops? I can't seem to find anything myself.

Oh, and in other news, I've currently got a +44 damage cleaver for when I'm in melee range of whatever boss I'm after. Otherwise, I'm sticking with my terrablade since it has that ranged beam.

Last edited:

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019

Thanks. What mats did/should I use for the lumber axe?

The Ring Of Loki looks AWESOME:) I have beat to Gaia2 and rolled the dice twice. The first time was Thor, and the same with the second:( so I didn't get anything since I already had it.

Vanjykins

Jul 29, 2019

2nd: Does anyone know anything about the new Botania Relics?

1: I made a bronze lumber axe with auto smelt, planted a few 2x2 spruces around my base and kept chopping them down from time to time stockpiling the charcoal. While that is still feeding my endoflames I'm working on automating my golem output to go in my close to max upgraded barrels that are still almost entirely filled with charcoal at the moment.

Nitro Poison

Jul 29, 2019
Quick question, wich dimensions are available in the modpack?? Im thinking bout where to putthe BM ritual for the demon cityand looking for possibilities

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
I can't seem to convert the alchemical construct with my wand.

I've got the two construct's on top of each other on top of an empty (thaumcraft) crucible fired by nitor. I try right-clicking it with my gold-banded greatwood wand but nothing happens.

Not much info out there so I tried what this guy does:

That is, I added two alchemical furnaces either side, four alembics (two on each furnace) and connected with valves/pipes as in the vid, but still nothing happens.

Any thaumaturges out there know what's wrong?

EDIT: typo

Last edited:

Raetac

Jul 29, 2019
You dont need the alchemical furnaces at actually, he's just added them to feed the construct. Silly question, I assume your wand is charged? And have you researched Automated Alchemy?

Last edited:

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
You dont need the alchemical furnaces at actually, he's just added them to feed the construct. Silly question, I assume your wand is charged?

No, not silly at all ... but it is (50 vis for all the aspects).

The strange thing is, I've got another world (not regrowth) where I'm trying Thaumcraft out and I was able to get that one going. I might have used a more powerful wand (silverwood+thaumium) but honestly can't remember.