[1.7.10] Material Energy^4

parcel31u

Jul 29, 2019
Is this related to that screenshot we got a bit ago? or is it just a modpack?
No, me^ex is a small project I started last night. It's a collection of bleeding edge builds of new mods that are 1.8. It's very unstable, but all the mods are mostly working. I'll update it when more mods come out for 1.8.

I'm still working on my actual full mod pack me^-1

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
It only works with the curse client, and it'll download all the files that are on the manifest
Curse client already has a download for that. It stop's here.
upload_2015-4-11_17-12-9.png

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
No, me^ex is a small project I started last night. It's a collection of bleeding edge builds of new mods that are 1.8. It's very unstable, but all the mods are mostly working. I'll update it when more mods come out for 1.8.

I'm still working on my actual full mod pack me^-1

Insistently the 1.9 update is supposed to be the combat update. So that's another reason why many will probably be skipping 1.8.

KeepOnDigging

Jul 29, 2019
I have no idea what is incompatible?

Well, the curse client is only available for Windows.
There are no downloadable files either here:
http://www.curse.com/modpacks/minecraft/229430-material-energy-4#t1:other-downloads
or here:
http://minecraft.curseforge.com/modpacks/229430-material-energy-4/files
the way for instance Agrarian Skies 2 have a Mac/Linux download:
http://minecraft.curseforge.com/modpacks/225550-agrarian-skies-2/files

So… would anyone with the ME^4 update be willing to ZIP up their instance folder and upload it someplace?
I'd love to play this pack with the update!

Thank you, and
KeepOnDigging!

Reactions: DiverDan80

McFrugal

Jul 29, 2019
What is ME^4 legacy? The FTB launcher's version is 1.0.4 so I assume legacy is a different modpack altogether. It's not like you'd go straight from 1.0.4 to 1.5.5.

Also why even put it on the Curse client? In my experience, the curse forums are awful (terrible ads, bad layout) and there's no reason to associate with that garbage. The fact that people can't even use the curse launcher is further evidence of it being bad.

BigManVegas

Jul 29, 2019
What is ME^4 legacy? The FTB launcher's version is 1.0.4 so I assume legacy is a different modpack altogether. It's not like you'd go straight from 1.0.4 to 1.5.5.

Also why even put it on the Curse client? In my experience, the curse forums are awful (terrible ads, bad layout) and there's no reason to associate with that garbage. The fact that people can't even use the curse launcher is further evidence of it being bad.
Because the FTB launcher is discontinued and the team is moving everything over to the curse client. I do agree the I like the FTB forums a lot better than the curse forums so I don't know if they will change or not we just have to see what's in the future.

McFrugal

Jul 29, 2019
Because the FTB launcher is discontinued and the team is moving everything over to the curse client. I do agree the I like the FTB forums a lot better than the curse forums so I don't know if they will change or not we just have to see what's in the future.
That can't be right. They just updated FTB Infinity yesterday!

therodet

Jul 29, 2019
Evidently I'm missing something... is there a trick to getting ME4 to show in the curse client? I can see ME-eX, but not 4.

KeepOnDigging

Jul 29, 2019
I just spent 3 hours battling with the Curse client on an old Windows machine that I dusted off just for this pack.
And eventually I found out that… ME^4 is not available through the Curse client!
ME^Ex is available, as are FTB packs, Jadedcat's packs etc. Over 40 packs in all. But not ME^4.

Which leaves me completely confused!

How can I play this updated version of ME^4?

Thanks, and
KeepOnDigging!

Reactions: Xputurnameherex

BigManVegas

Jul 29, 2019
That can't be right. They just updated FTB Infinity yesterday!
The packs are still being updated yes. The curse launcher is still beta so I still think there is some time before the FTB launcher is done. The FTB launcher runs off of curse anyway.

"For those wondering, the FTB Launcher will continue to be updated and maintained for the foreseeable future. Once feature parity between the Curse Client and the FTB Launcher has been met, we will then begin the process of retiring our launcher. At the moment, we do not have an exact timeframe on when this will occur." quote from the news feed

Last edited:

parcel31u

Jul 29, 2019
I just spent 3 hours battling with the Curse client on an old Windows machine that I dusted off just for this pack.
And eventually I found out that… ME^4 is not available through the Curse client!
ME^Ex is available, as are FTB packs, Jadedcat's packs etc. Over 40 packs in all. But not ME^4.

Which leaves me completely confused!

How can I play this updated version of ME^4?

Thanks, and
KeepOnDigging!
I removed ME^4 because I'm still trying to get it to work. It's being difficult to port. I can't just upload the pack to curse, I have to deal with a lot of other things.