Texture packs in the launcher

Wizaerd

Jul 29, 2019
I'm quite surprised there are not more "official" texture packs available from the launcher. It's one of the things that drew me to the FTB launcher... that and the awesome inter-compatible mods...

Reactions: 99Johnsy99

Cman333

Jul 29, 2019
I'm quite surprised there are not more "official" texture packs available from the launcher. It's one of the things that drew me to the FTB launcher... that and the awesome inter-compatible mods...
That's just because there aren't many texture packs that can be considered "complete"

Saitek2073

Jul 29, 2019
Even the ones that are on the FTB launcher still have some textures missing on Soartex( like the infinite power card for the MFFS)

Reactions: 99Johnsy99

diggerjohn99

Jul 29, 2019
I wish they would add John Smith and other 32x textures to the launcher. I can play with a 64x, but I hit lag spikes and 16x, except for Default, just doesn't cut it for me.

Zica

Jul 29, 2019
I wish they would add John Smith and other 32x textures to the launcher. I can play with a 64x, but I hit lag spikes and 16x, except for Default, just doesn't cut it for me.

When i messaged jjw a month or two ago, he said that he wanted every texture to be done for the modpacks. So I'm waiting to send it to him until we finish all of the textures.

Reactions: diggerjohn99

diggerjohn99

Jul 29, 2019
That's really good to hear. I am trying to get a small server going, and I plan on making JS: Legacy the default for it. So having it on the launcher would be awesome.

Zica

Jul 29, 2019
I'd really like to see Sphax's Purebdcraft implemented into the texturepacks

Due to the licenses by Sphax, nobody is allowed to re-distribute the base texture pack for sphax, so that won't be able to happen.

99Johnsy99

Jul 29, 2019
is there going to be more texture packs added? its be a long time now and i know John Smiths pack said it can be added. i would like to c a lot more texture packs added as im not that fond of the 3 texture pack that r in the launcher.

reddvilzz

Jul 29, 2019
How about r3d craft? It looks awesome to have it in here

Sent from my HTC Sensation using Tapatalk HD

Mikey_R

Jul 29, 2019
You can still use it yourself if you wanted, but the TP in the launcher are there so that most of the mod items will also be textured in that TP's style. If you do use a TP that doesn't have mod support, you will have the vanilla items changed, but the mod items will still be default textures.

reddvilzz

Jul 29, 2019
You can still use it yourself if you wanted, but the TP in the launcher are there so that most of the mod items will also be textured in that TP's style. If you do use a TP that doesn't have mod support, you will have the vanilla items changed, but the mod items will still be default textures.

Yeah i know that. But it won't be better without the mod textured. Hope in the future there will be r3d :p

Cman333

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah i know that. But it won't be better without the mod textured. Hope in the future there will be r3d :p

you might be able to request for someone else to do FTB textures for it, but I'm not sure if anyone would be able to do it in their free time, or if said person would have permission from the TP artist to make a patch.

Reactions: reddvilzz