[1.7.10] TolkienCraft II - Adventure Awaits! - v2.9.5[QUESTS][ADVENTURE][NORMAL MODE]

BvB1979

Jul 29, 2019
If there is no crafting, I can adjust the HQM book as I have done before, new mod = learning curve :D

There is a form of crafting but it's with the mod's way of crafting. You use 4 books in the Infusion to create the book that will turn a vanilla bookshelf into the storage one but when you try to break it after that, it just gives you the book you created in the Infusion as well as the vanilla bookshelf. There was just no way to have the actual Storage Bookshelf in your inventory without cheating it in. lol So I just made the vanilla bookshelf and the book to transform it, twice, and deleted those and got the one out of NEI to continue for now. :) And yes this mod has been a huge learning curve for me as well. I think it has a LOT of potential though. It's interesting. :)

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
There is a form of crafting but it's with the mod's way of crafting. You use 4 books in the Infusion to create the book that will turn a vanilla bookshelf into the storage one but when you try to break it after that, it just gives you the book you created in the Infusion as well as the vanilla bookshelf. There was just no way to have the actual Storage Bookshelf in your inventory without cheating it in. lol So I just made the vanilla bookshelf and the book to transform it, twice, and deleted those and got the one out of NEI to continue for now. :) And yes this mod has been a huge learning curve for me as well. I think it has a LOT of potential though. It's interesting. :)
Thank you, and that is exactly what I was looking for. The items have to be able to be held to count and if you can't for whatever reason then I need to find an alternative.

Thornxanthos

Jul 29, 2019
Hey GreatOrator! Created an account specifically so I could congratulate you on an awesome modpack!

One quick query, and apologies for being slow, but when you travel to middle earth, which cities/regions exist in-game by default? I downloaded the Draconis mappack, and the Shire looks fantastic, but when I ran to Annúminas, there was nothing there even though it was marked as a location on the 'N' map. Watching a snippet of ValNoisyToys' stream showed Lothlorien, so what exists and what doesn't?

Cheers and thanks again! Thorn

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Hey GreatOrator! Created an account specifically so I could congratulate you on an awesome modpack!

One quick query, and apologies for being slow, but when you travel to middle earth, which cities/regions exist in-game by default? I downloaded the Draconis mappack, and the Shire looks fantastic, but when I ran to Annúminas, there was nothing there even though it was marked as a location on the 'N' map. Watching a snippet of ValNoisyToys' stream showed Lothlorien, so what exists and what doesn't?

Cheers and thanks again! Thorn
The lotr mod itself is what creates all of those point on the map when you press "N". Hobbiton was a location I added during the recent major update as was Mount Doom.

The lolnet guys are assisting me with a number of locations (Will be doing a special tour with @Vals NoisyToys on friday to show what we have so far at 7pm pacific time). @Dezil_nz and @Mikhaila666 are the two leading their team and we have collectively started work on Isengard, Bucklebury, Helm's Deep, Minas Tirith, Argonath/Amon Hen, Beron's House, with plans for much more :)

Reactions: eDilettante

BvB1979

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you, and that is exactly what I was looking for. The items have to be able to be held to count and if you can't for whatever reason then I need to find an alternative.

:) Yeah, the item in question can't be held, but an alternative to that maybe would be the books and bookshelves instead? The "hard" part of it is the Infusion to make the books. :)

Reactions: GreatOrator

Kastovin

Jul 29, 2019
Hey GO, could you help me with an issue I am having with the modpack? The main menu buttons are not working for me. I click on them, there's the normal button sound but nothing happens.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Hey GO, could you help me with an issue I am having with the modpack? The main menu buttons are not working for me. I click on them, there's the normal button sound but nothing happens.
not sure why they would not be working, is this with a fresh install or after an update?

BvB1979

Jul 29, 2019
Playing the pack right now and I decided to continue working on my blood altar room (took a break from it to do the Aura stuff lol) and started giggling over the fact that if no one knew I was a girl, they definitely would get the idea after seeing this room.. :p Had to stop for a moment and show you guys. :) The trashcan is sitting there to throw away junk that mobs drop that I don't want. lol It's just a tier 3 right now, about to do some stuff to upgrade it and I'm not using a texture pack. lol :)

All the holy stone! :D

Attachments

• 2015-03-31_13.03.20.png
    2015-03-31_13.03.20.png
    881.9 KB · Views: 65

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Playing the pack right now and I decided to continue working on my blood altar room (took a break from it to do the Aura stuff lol) and started giggling over the fact that if no one knew I was a girl, they definitely would get the idea after seeing this room.. :p Had to stop for a moment and show you guys. :) The trashcan is sitting there to throw away junk that mobs drop that I don't want. lol It's just a tier 3 right now, about to do some stuff to upgrade it and I'm not using a texture pack. lol :)

All the holy stone! :D
Awesome, but man, the fps from all those particles :)

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
haha, shockingly enough, my FPS isn't much different in that room than it is anywhere else. I tend to run about 30ish fps with this pack (yeah I know, ouch lol) and it stays about the same in there too. Weird huh? lol
Good to hear! though even my fps hovers around 30fps in areas like Draconis, still playable though :)

skruis

Jul 29, 2019
What's up w/ my hobbits? They're HUGE! April Fools joke? Also real question: where should we be building our bases. I built one in Bag End but from reading other posts, it sounds like you're going to continuously update middle earth. Will my stuff be lost? And if so, where 'should' I build my base? Additionally, can I build a ring portal (8 nuggets -> Ring and toss in fire) in the Deep Dark? I ended up cheating my way out of the Deep Dark cause I got stuck there. Also, when I was transported to middle earth, I was in fact transported to 0,0,whatever but there wasn't a ring portal. I was on top of some gazebo and had to walk a few miles to get to Bag End where Legolas was waiting at that portal. In earlier versions, I was transported directly to the Legolas portal.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
What's up w/ my hobbits? They're HUGE! April Fools joke? Also real question: where should we be building our bases. I built one in Bag End but from reading other posts, it sounds like you're going to continuously update middle earth. Will my stuff be lost? And if so, where 'should' I build my base? Additionally, can I build a ring portal (8 nuggets -> Ring and toss in fire) in the Deep Dark? I ended up cheating my way out of the Deep Dark cause I got stuck there. Also, when I was transported to middle earth, I was in fact transported to 0,0,whatever but there wasn't a ring portal. I was on top of some gazebo and had to walk a few miles to get to Bag End where Legolas was waiting at that portal. In earlier versions, I was transported directly to the Legolas portal.
The ring portal will always drop off at 0,0 but the one in middle earth to get back can be placed anywhere, that's why the walk. As for building, yes I am expanding ME but not in the way you would expect, so building in the already included map should be fine. Though the idea was to buy houses rather than usurp the ones of the residents :)

Reactions: eDilettante

merlin43210

Jul 29, 2019
Umm I can't create a world I go into singleplayer click create new world there are no world options button only cancel and create new world buttons.

manevilus

Jul 29, 2019
You need to download the Map Mr. Merlin.
I also have a problem, I can't seem to get Legolas to say anything to me but random elven quotes, and I cant find the journal I am supposed to get
when I go to Middle Earth