FTB News - March 20th, 2015

B

Big Bad

And here we are again! Welcome to this week's edition of FTB news. Let's get rolling, shall we?

CURSE CLIENT

The moment you’ve been waiting for, folks! Curse has just released the open beta of the new Curse Client. Rejoice!​

DZXopjX.png

UT9aaeX.png

Abcbvq0.png

The new Curse Client is the latest iteration of Curse’s successful add-on manager. It’s a light-weight solution to browse, install, and update additional game content. As you may have heard last year, Feed The Beast has partnered with Curse to help distribute modpacks in a more speedy and efficient manner. The current client pulls files from CurseForge, Curse’s add-on hosting solution, allowing content creators on CurseForge to easily and securely host files, pull helpful analytics on their projects, and participate in Curse’s Rewards Program.

You can download the beta version here. The Client is labeled as Curse Voice.

The beta Curse Client is currently available for Windows. A Mac-compatible version will be available later this year. A Linux solution is being investigated.

For those wondering, the FTB Launcher will continue to be updated and maintained for the foreseeable future. Once feature parity between the Curse Client and the FTB Launcher has been met, we will then begin the process of retiring our launcher. At the moment, we do not have an exact timeframe on when this will occur.​

PACK NEWS & UPDATES

We released a hotfix to Infinity 1.3.0, both non-recommended, this week that solves a critical issue regarding dimensional generation. If you are using 1.3.0 and have not updated, please change your pack to version 1.3.1 using the version selection tab in the launcher.

We are also working on an updated version of Unstable, our public testing pack, in preparation for modded Minecraft in 1.8.​

FTB STAFF

As you all know, Feed the Beast is an ever-changing and ever-growing entity. As such, the same rule ends up applying to our staff as well. This week, we are pleased to announce two internal changes to our team:

Firstly, we would like to congratulate Modpack Development Lead tfox83 on both becoming Curse’s newest employee as well as Feed The Beast’s first full-time staff member. Our amazing partnership with Curse has allowed us the opportunity to bring aboard and secure talented individuals such as tfox83. We feel that his new position will help ensure a successful future for FTB as well as a fruitful release schedule for updates and future packs.

Secondly, we would also like to congratulate our artist Big Bad on his promotion to Marketing and Visual Designer. In addition to his responsibilities of designing our pack images and shaping the visual aesthetic of FTB, he will now also be in charge of the team’s community interactions, news and media content, non-game endeavours, and writing posts about himself in the third person.​

JAMPACKED II

Jampacked II, our modpack creation contest, is underway! Over the next few days, we’ll be rolling out an external hub for competitors and spectators to keep things organized and easily accessible. We plan to also use this site for interviews with participants, preview Twitch streams, and other Jampacked related media.

Look for more information in the coming days.​

???

Prepare for impact. Prepare for war. Prepare for victory.

Coming this April.​

Last edited by a moderator:

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
When can we start seeing third party packs on the curse launcher and completely switch to the new launcher?

CaptPanda

Nov 20, 2012
Britland
So, where can we find this client? You haven't given us a link to the client download page (or just general page), I guess you're assuming most people know about it beforehand.

For the sake of those that haven't heard of this thing before, can you add a link?

Reactions: Pudding01

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
So, where can we find this client? You haven't given us a link to the client download page (or just general page), I guess you're assuming most people know about it beforehand.

For the sake of those that haven't heard of this thing before, can you add a link?
There you go

tetshio

Jul 29, 2019
Does the curse client offer offline mode? It'll be awesome if it does. I can't play any FTB packs when I'm on a road trip and can't get internet access.

Nerixel

Jul 29, 2019
Does the curse client offer offline mode? It'll be awesome if it does. I can't play any FTB packs when I'm on a road trip and can't get internet access.
The current launcher has offline mode, I've tested it multiple times whenever there are complaints that it doesn't work/doesn't exist.

tetshio

Jul 29, 2019
The current launcher has offline mode, I've tested it multiple times whenever there are complaints that it doesn't work/doesn't exist.

It keeps saying that there's an error with mojang authentication login and goes back to the launcher when I try it. Using the latest version. Oh well, maybe I'm doing something wrong.

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
Where do I go for this curse thingy? I go to some link in one of the posts above except its for some curse voice of which I am not interested in. Not seeing this curse launcher anywhere....

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
gotcha... Is there anyway I can tell it where I want it installed instead of the default C:\Users\_______\AppData\Roaming\Curse Client\Bin\Curse.exe location?

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
All Curse Client seems to do is build the folder structure (in a dumb place by default, luckily you can change it) and create a profile for the vanilla MC launcher to launch the game.

Has more bad points than good right now, but I guess we'll either get used to it or just use it to download packs and use MMC to run them (which is pretty straight forward to do).