FTB News - March 20th, 2015

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
All Curse Client seems to do is build the folder structure (in a dumb place by default, luckily you can change it) and create a profile for the vanilla MC launcher to launch the game.

Has more bad points than good right now, but I guess we'll either get used to it or just use it to download packs and use MMC to run them (which is pretty straight forward to do).
It is the Curse of FTB!!!

Reactions: Rastem88 and Chaka

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
Looks like the only way to close the client is to go to the menu exit. The upper right 'x' doesn't mean shut down program. It means minimize, which is confusing because it also has a button for minimize right next to it. I feel good about being able to minimize atleast...

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
Looks like the only way to close the client is to go to the menu exit. The upper right 'x' doesn't mean shut down program. It means minimize, which is confusing because it also has a button for minimize right next to it. I feel good about being able to minimize atleast...

And it loads on Windows startup, no thanks.... luckily another option you can change. All these default options should be installation questions not just dump it how/where you like.

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
All Curse Client seems to do is build the folder structure (in a dumb place by default, luckily you can change it) and create a profile for the vanilla MC launcher to launch the game.

Has more bad points than good right now, but I guess we'll either get used to it or just use it to download packs and use MMC to run them (which is pretty straight forward to do).
How do you move/change the folder structure to a preferred location?

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
And it loads on Windows startup, no thanks.... luckily another option you can change. All these default options should be installation questions not just dump it how/where you like.
Surely the only reason you have a computer is for Curse minecraft....

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
ah... didn't see the client settings... answered alot of questions. This settings area should be a bigger deal and the first place people go as this client app assumes everything by default pretty much the exact way I don't want it.

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
So I successfully downloaded and installed DW2017 and the curse files to the desired location. Unless I gut the mods from the actual folder, it doesn't look like there is a gui provided to add or take away mods using the client.... which I find... odd.

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
apparently the modlist editing is inside the '...' button when you right click a modpack instance. I would have never noticed that or known what it does.

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
Big thing.... Can we have a way of sorting the modlist when enabling/disabling a instance's mods? Is there a difference between disabling and removing?

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
So, where can we find this client? You haven't given us a link to the client download page (or just general page), I guess you're assuming most people know about it beforehand.

For the sake of those that haven't heard of this thing before, can you add a link?

You can download the beta version here. The Client is labeled as Curse Voice.

Did you not notice the word "here" in the quote from the OP is highlighted as a link? :D

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013

That "dumb place" happens to follow the intended Microsoft installation path.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013

You can change all of that in your settings. "Minimize" is the default setting because that is what most tablet Apps actually do when you think you are closing them. In settings you can select to close the client when you click the traditional "Red X". You can also choose not to start the client on boot and a few other things.

psp

Jul 29, 2019
So I successfully downloaded and installed DW2017 and the curse files to the desired location. Unless I gut the mods from the actual folder, it doesn't look like there is a gui provided to add or take away mods using the client.... which I find... odd.
I personally prefer that to the GUI in the ftb launcher.
Good for me :)

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
well I can't play any of the packs because I can't add fastcraft to them as fastcraft is not part of the curse network. Oh well....

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
well I can't play any of the packs because I can't add fastcraft to them as fastcraft is not part of the curse network. Oh well....
Like any pack, you can navigate to the folder and drop it into the "mods" directory. And it's not really Curse's fault FastCraft isn't on Curse.

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
It's what I had to end up doing. No it isn't curses fault fast isn't a part of curse. That launcher doesn't have the ability to add any mods that aren't signed up. I understand that it goes against what I think curse was supposed to do to help devs. It is apart of the dw20 though. Wish that could be a part of the mf3 mod pack or really any self made pack being that any pack gets unplayable if fastcraft isn't added. If I have to add the mod manually, why have the curse middle man? Obviously this is an exceptional case because of how heavily relied upon fastcraft is to everything atm.