[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

Vonsch

Jul 29, 2019
Can someone tell me why my water protection poppet isn't working? I have it in my inventory and it is bound to me...

I saw Purple Mentat or one of the other youtubers testing this. It apparently triggers when you drown (if my memory is correct) and restores you to half health (without you actually dying.) I prefer the Ring of Chordata as my go to airbreathing, with the water poppet as a failsafe.

Reactions: JustHeyo

JimmyJam

Jul 29, 2019
I saw Purple Mentat or one of the other youtubers testing this. It apparently triggers when you drown (if my memory is correct) and restores you to half health (without you actually dying.) I prefer the Ring of Chordata as my go to airbreathing, with the water poppet as a failsafe.

It only stops you from taking fatal damage from drowning, not giving you infinite breath underwater.
Edit: ninja'd

When i use it i leave the water when i go down to one heart! Is it meant to take you down that far?

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
When i use it i leave the water when i go down to one heart! Is it meant to take you down that far?

If you get all the way down to no hearts, then the poppet gets used up and gives you an extra five hearts. You have to be at the point where you would have died without it.

Hope that makes sense!

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
I had an endotherm set up before the update, so when I restarted I thought I'd try something else. I was playing with hydroangea layouts, and I found that floating hydroangeas don't get washed away by water, so I made a stack of hydroangea rings around a mana spreader. I took some screen shots while I was building a second stack.

Nice setup - what's that glass block you're using?

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
I seen some players talking about town/villages spawning in the dream world. I was wondering, are they spawning in the dream world? If not, I think they should, mainly cause the towns are witchery, also if you make it that FAR to get to the dream world surly no one can say it breaks progression.

Reactions: rivvest

JimmyJam

Jul 29, 2019
If you get all the way down to no hearts, then the poppet gets used up and gives you an extra five hearts. You have to be at the point where you would have died without it.

Hope that makes sense!

Oh i get it! It's a one use item just to save you're life. That makes sense Thanks

Reactions: Nitro Poison

Rickcain

Jul 29, 2019
Does anybody know how to fix this server error?

Attachments

• crash-2015-03-19_09.56.50-server.txt
    16.4 KB · Views: 64

Vonsch

Jul 29, 2019
You can also use the new autocrafting frame thingy for all your hard way crafting ;)

I was using the autoframe for making essence rollups, but that was a lot of clicking. I switched to the Forestry table with saved recipes. One shift-click gets as many as can be made.

But autoframe is a help when making sand from cracked sand early. Still a lot of clicking, but less than without it. Water buckets don't automate so well yet... or so far. I suppose I could craft tin cans and fill those using Forestry, then set up to convert cracked sand that way, but now that I am at 10-10-10 with fire and earth essence, it's easier to just grow some sand. :)

Vonsch

Jul 29, 2019
Nice setup - what's that glass block you're using?

Looks like one of the chisel glass blocks. I like the steel and stone frames ones, though some of the oriental-style ones will see some use if I make a Japanese themed house soon. Paper interior walls with some of that glass mixed in, carpenter's pots (and maybe some of the Gardening stuff) to pretty it up with bonsai and flower gardens. But first I still need a proper base. Still on my little research island and it's feeling very little.

RwJCAlv.png

Oh, I added in Journeymap. Atlas is bleh. And too much tinkering to make it work. That said, I may eventually make a map room with a ceiling map of the known world... or a floor map.

Did find my reef about 200-300m towards that meadows hive. Dropped a dozen fishing nets on the surface as my starting platform, then went back to crossbreeding and researching. Now that I can grow unlimited sand I should get to work. I plan on a shaft down with glass outer walls so will need a lot of glass for those, and a lot of sand to simplify the construction. I just drop a bunch of sand where I aim to build, then shovel it out, getting rid of the water that way. I suppose I could do it the Mariculture way this time, and surround a volume of water, then use mechanical sponges to sop it up. Hmm... Plenty of sponges down there, though will disturb the scenery if I harvest them.

Reactions: JustHeyo

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
Looks like one of the chisel glass blocks. I like the steel and stone frames ones, though some of the oriental-style ones will see some use if I make a Japanese themed house soon. Paper interior walls with some of that glass mixed in, carpenter's pots (and maybe some of the Gardening stuff) to pretty it up with bonsai and flower gardens. But first I still need a proper base. Still on my little research island and it's feeling very little.

Oh, I added in Journeymap. Atlas is bleh. And too much tinkering to make it work. That said, I may eventually make a map room with a ceiling map of the known world... or a floor map.

Did find my reef about 200-300m towards that meadows hive. Dropped a dozen fishing nets on the surface as my starting platform, then went back to crossbreeding and researching. Now that I can grow unlimited sand I should get to work. I plan on a shaft down with glass outer walls so will need a lot of glass for those, and a lot of sand to simplify the construction. I just drop a bunch of sand where I aim to build, then shovel it out, getting rid of the water that way. I suppose I could do it the Mariculture way this time, and surround a volume of water, then use mechanical sponges to sop it up. Hmm... Plenty of sponges down there, though will disturb the scenery if I harvest them.

Is that where you spawned? From your map, it looks like it would have been hard to get resources at the start.