[1.7.10] TolkienCraft II - Adventure Awaits! - v2.9.5[QUESTS][ADVENTURE][NORMAL MODE]

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Glad to see all the updates GO. TC has been a blast to play. It more fun with friends. I got to meet a lot of great people on Rangers server :)
Glad to hear!

Once this goes recommended I will start working on HQM since that does not require any effort during updates on the part of players. I just wanted things to get stable map-wise so everyone can take full advantage of the new features :)

Once HQM work is done, then the content packs get started :)

BvB1979

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, GO. I've been playing the pack for a bit now and just upgraded to the 2.4.6 version and I think I found a bug. I restarted the map completely (using the correct map download) and even went as far as to completely delete and reinstall the pack & world to make sure nothing was conflicting. However, the NPC for the Chocobo area is still missing after all that and yes, the Dockworker, as you know already, isn't working properly. I am not sure if this is a problem for everyone as well or something I've done wrong. lol

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, GO. I've been playing the pack for a bit now and just upgraded to the 2.4.6 version and I think I found a bug. I restarted the map completely (using the correct map download) and even went as far as to completely delete and reinstall the pack & world to make sure nothing was conflicting. However, the NPC for the Chocobo area is still missing after all that and yes, the Dockworker, as you know already, isn't working properly. I am not sure if this is a problem for everyone as well or something I've done wrong. lol
Make sure he is not sleeping. all of the key NPC's were there when I loaded the map to test before packaging up. if not I'll check again, but he was certainly there last night.

Quail4

Jul 29, 2019
I can confirm that the chocobo seller npc is not there.
Also, there doesn't seem to be any red quest books or whatever they're called near the ring in middle earth. Were they removed? Or am I missing something completely?

Edit for new question. Is it just me or has it become nearly impossible to hit Tyltran? I cannot hit him with any arrows. If I fly up and hit him with a sword it will say critical hit, but no damage is done. The only way I've come close to doing any damage is trying with a diamond sword running up close, but I get wrecked really quickly. Is it just not possible with long range weapons anymore?

Last edited:
Reactions: Teraphina

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
I can confirm that the chocobo seller npc is not there.
Also, there doesn't seem to be any red quest books or whatever they're called near the ring in middle earth. Were they removed? Or am I missing something completely?

Edit for new question. Is it just me or has it become nearly impossible to hit Tyltran? I cannot hit him with any arrows. If I fly up and hit him with a sword it will say critical hit, but no damage is done. The only way I've come close to doing any damage is trying with a diamond sword running up close, but I get wrecked really quickly. Is it just not possible with long range weapons anymore?
Will check choco guy tonight, red books, AHA knew I was forgetting something....

All the bosses got wiser to shenanigans, hand to hand is all that works so stock up on potions :)

killslash

Jul 29, 2019
well, temporarily you can disable the ruins mod since it does not actually add any blocks so the chunks will load, then re-enable. I may just remove that template from ruins if I get any more reports since this is the first. Glad you are enjoying the pack!

Well you can add me to the list. Started a server with tolkiencraft recently and whenever one of us is near one of these sky chandelier things, the server doesn't crash but the block lag gets pretty bad.

teagan75

Jul 29, 2019
Hey GO, testing the newest version. Is there suppose to be a dislocator pedestal in the middle of the dock that takes you to the LOTR dim before you unlock it?

Edit: ok i guess it is temporary lol I didnt get the chance to read the sign before i clicked it. serves me right to click something and not know what it does lol

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Hey GO, testing the newest version. Is there suppose to be a dislocator pedestal in the middle of the dock that takes you to the LOTR dim before you unlock it?

Edit: ok i guess it is temporary lol I didnt get the chance to read the sign before i clicked it. serves me right to click something and not know what it does lol
Yeah, that is leftover from the dev server tour we have going. I left it in since this should theoretically be the last beta version to make it easier for people to playtest

BerryRJ

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, that is leftover from the dev server tour we have going. I left it in since this should theoretically be the last beta version to make it easier for people to playtest

Is the End Portal above the fishermans house also from that? thought that was a rather strange place to have that ;)

Attachments

• 2015-03-17_15.52.15.png
    2015-03-17_15.52.15.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 48

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Is the End Portal above the fishermans house also from that? thought that was a rather strange place to have that ;)
Yeah, I could have sworn the map upload had that removed, worse case, consider it there for testing :)

EDIT: So double checked, the current map on curseforge does not have the portal, so you probably downloaded the map during the short timeframe it was up before I realized the mistake (three times I posted the map, first two I removed after each realization)

Last edited:

Rubri

Jul 29, 2019
Is anyone else having an issue with CustomNPCs quests just disappearing if you leave the game? I've tried searching all over to see if anyone's had the issue but I can't seem to find anything and I really want to know what's going on with the storyline in the other quest stuff too

Last edited:

SctDragon

Jul 29, 2019
I recently got this pack to start running again without all the lag... I was running the wrong version of java for my PC:confused: Anyways... now that I am able to play it the Bandits in that layer for the beginning quest are almost impossible for me to beat. They are regenerating health almost immediately when I hit them. Just for funzies I went into creative and got the Draconis weapon and armor... it took ages to beat the bandit leader. Is it suppose to be this way? Please help... I want to do it honestly.

(Sorry if this issue was already posted... 168 pages to go through is alot)(The rain sound isn't working either, I am playing this through FTB launcher)

teagan75

Jul 29, 2019
I recently got this pack to start running again without all the lag... I was running the wrong version of java for my PC:confused: Anyways... now that I am able to play it the Bandits in that layer for the beginning quest are almost impossible for me to beat. They are regenerating health almost immediately when I hit them. Just for funzies I went into creative and got the Draconis weapon and armor... it took ages to beat the bandit leader. Is it suppose to be this way? Please help... I want to do it honestly.

(Sorry if this issue was already posted... 168 pages to go through is alot)(The rain sound isn't working either, I am playing this through FTB launcher)

Make sure you have a diamond sword or higher and a full suit of iron armor maybe with some enchants. Bring healing potions. Otherwise, don't try to do the bandits too early in game. The quest line I think is designed to follow progression. Tinkers weapons don't usually cut it for me. If you have done enough main quest and side quests chances are you have gotten a wyvern sword (purple one). If not, work to get yourself prepared. This mod pack has an MMO style which means you can't defeat bosses with cruddy gear.

SctDragon

Jul 29, 2019
Make sure you have a diamond sword or higher and a full suit of iron armor maybe with some enchants. Bring healing potions. Otherwise, don't try to do the bandits too early in game. The quest line I think is designed to follow progression. Tinkers weapons don't usually cut it for me. If you have done enough main quest and side quests chances are you have gotten a wyvern sword (purple one). If not, work to get yourself prepared. This mod pack has an MMO style which means you can't defeat bosses with cruddy gear.

I undersstand that it is a MMO style and that they can't beat with cruddy gear. But let's say I was using the wyvern sword, when I hit the bandit leader it would regenerate 4 hearts like every second. That's what I dont understand about it. I understand regenerating HP over time but when I would hit these guys it would be practically immidiately. I don't know if it is suppose to be like that or not.

Teraphina

Jul 29, 2019
there is a weapon you can make early game that will kill them pretty quick, they still regin health fast but its attack speed is pretty quick so you can atttack fast enough to kill them. i killed them in about 15 secs with this weapon but i was able to add a few modifires to it. not going to say what weapon it is cause it makes all bosses semi easy once it is maxed

and as a precausion when using draconic weapons the damage is based on the str of teh thing you are fighting as per the lore on teh weapon, so once a boss with alot of health gets lower health the damage on teh weapon goes down.

Reactions: GreatOrator

teagan75

Jul 29, 2019
Imo the bandits are the worst of the bosses in the overworld because they are three. I also defeated them with a Mithril sword. You need a sword that does more damage than they heal up and I lure one out at a time out of the cave. I can't answer if GO meant for them to be collectively harder than the individual bosses.

Edit: if you are just wondering why the NPC regenerates 4 hearts instantly, that is a "flaw" with the mod itself.

Last edited:

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Is anyone else having an issue with CustomNPCs quests just disappearing if you leave the game? I've tried searching all over to see if anyone's had the issue but I can't seem to find anything and I really want to know what's going on with the storyline in the other quest stuff too
What version of the pack are you running? the FAQ has the answer though.

I have been able to beat them using a tinkers iron sword leveled up at least twice and diamond armor. keep in mind, the bosses are designed NOT to work like vanilla block and kill tactics