[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

Liquid Klone

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, I just made a workaround for the tedium of making sand with cracked sand. In an infinite water source, make a hole, place super crafting frame with water bucket and cracked sand recipe, stand on dry land, looking down and hold down the right mouse button chat will spam, but easy sand. Yay for not having to click, look up, click, look down, seriously reconsider trading cracked sand for sand, repeat.

harrylipwig

Jul 29, 2019
No but... still the same answer Soon™ as in thephoenixlodge will announce when it's available so just keep checking and waiting patiently.
well then I would appreciate if I had of gotten a response from the pack maker. I already know that it is not going to be days, but I would have liked a ballpark figure. But instead I go an inane response from you.
cheers.

Avalonzo

Jul 29, 2019
well then I would appreciate if I had of gotten a response from the pack maker. I already know that it is not going to be days, but I would have liked a ballpark figure. But instead I go an inane response from you.
cheers.

No problem you're most welcome & estimate = it will be ready when it's ready :D

Reactions: fimbrethil

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
Hey, I just made a workaround for the tedium of making sand with cracked sand. In an infinite water source, make a hole, place super crafting frame with water bucket and cracked sand recipe, stand on dry land, looking down and hold down the right mouse button chat will spam, but easy sand. Yay for not having to click, look up, click, look down, seriously reconsider trading cracked sand for sand, repeat.
Or you can go to the cave 5 blocks to your left, and use the manasteel shovel. Way easier :p

If it's a tedium, why do it?

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
Everything a village lets you do from quick early smeltery access, trading wheat for emeralds is circumventing the progression of this pack, and is not in the spirit of this pack. You do not have to spend every sec looking at crops or afk'ing. While crops are growing/spreading work on something else. Beef up mana gen, start progression on other quest lines, Re-model your bases layout. The resource trickle will soon turn its self into a torrent. This pack is designed to let you have multiple projects on the go at once.

Also I found thaumcraft towers in villages. They contained thaumium armor, glowstone, thauminum tools etc So yes village DO break progression.

I don't know what pack your playing that has those things in a ThaumCraft tower, but the only thing that spawns in that chest is 1xGlowStone Dust, 1-3x Glass bottles, 1-2xKnolage fragments, and the ThaumCraft book. I have Played SOOO many pack with that mod in, and never seen armor or tools in any chest, and on a rare chance I have found no more than 2 thaum/ingots. I am up to 26 worlds loaded and have explored ruffly 1000+ in multiple directions on each one looking for the Obelisks, and the other Taumcraft world gen and still as of yet to find either. While exploring all the worlds I also looked though 127+ random chest just to see what loot spawn in them, and have seen no more than a single essence of any type which means you will still have to do the quest in order to get the rest needed to make a seed,(that are repeatable).

I'm just trying to understand, because I have read every post on here, and as for the pack thephoenixloge said "Villages have been a common criticism I've been receiving. Originally I didn't disable them as there wasn't really any harm in leaving them - the pack wasn't necessarily meant to hardcore, so having plenty of food wasn't something I really considered progress breaking. As it was, the loot tables were tweaked so nothing particularly progress breaking was really easy to find, but things like some of the essences required to craft initial seeds are still obtainable through dungeon loot for those who might not want to play with the quests for some reason or another."

It wasn't until a small number of people complained about it that it was disabled. So for the people who say it doesn't fit for the pack theme I would like to know s are we talking about, yours or the person who is taking the time to maintain it. I will agree that the smeltery can give you a leg up, but that can be disabled. I don't know, I just don't think someone can say it doesn't fit with the pack when the creator them self was fine with it, but only turned them off because a small number of people wanted him to change what he was ok with.

harrylipwig

Jul 29, 2019
No problem you're most welcome & estimate = it will be ready when it's ready :D
Yes I speak English. But I didn't ask you the question so it was rude to answer it. And my post to your response when I read it sounded like I was being aggressive but I wasn't.

Raetac

Jul 29, 2019
Right as I make a prereq change that will hopefully make quest progression transition safely...
:D Well...all is not entirely lost. I did happen to make a backup of the players.dat file before I had done what I did as well as a few other backups of the world itself. It's way to precious to me to bugger up entirely :p
Oh by the way, more of my Forge micro blocks are turning to Limestone varients... not that I mind

Reactions: Vauthil

harrylipwig

Jul 29, 2019
You can stop arguing right about now before I start removing people from the thread. Considering how many folks are online and refreshing this thread, the last thing they want to see is semantic bickering.
I'm not arguing in any form. I just wrote my post looked aggressive but wasn't. I just wanted the pack makers answer.

Jeridan

Jul 29, 2019
Help? I am still a noob at thaumcraft and can't find a source of vitium. Usually I get it from taint but I haven't found taint in the wasteland.

Ouroboros

Jul 29, 2019
cheers.

I believe it was previously said that thepheonixlodge is working on it and should have it out sometime this weekend.

Avalonzo

Jul 29, 2019
You can stop arguing right about now before I start removing people from the thread. Considering how many folks are online and refreshing this thread, the last thing they want to see is semantic bickering.

I'm not arguing in any form. I just wrote my post looked aggressive but wasn't. I just wanted the pack makers answer.

Ok I would just like to mention I'm sorry for any offence/trouble I may have caused in my past few comments.

Tjaden

Jul 29, 2019
I have read through this thread and have tried all the suggestions, but the detection for What A Tool quest dosen't work for me at all, on 6.5 and on 7.0 with the 6.5 tinkers and iguana, any ideas anyone?

Edit: Scrap that, after remaking the tools with the older versions of tinkers and iguana I have got it to work, so if it still dosen't work for you guys, do that!

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
Help? I am still a noob at thaumcraft and can't find a source of vitium. Usually I get it from taint but I haven't found taint in the wasteland.

I thought you could craft tainted soil in this pack, but I'm not in the game so I could be way off on that. Try typing Taint in NEI and see it anything is craftable. Sorry I can be of more help, but I am not going to start that mod until I know there is obelisks spawning first.

Vauthil

Jul 29, 2019
I have read through this thread and have tried all the suggestions, but the detection for What A Tool quest dosen't work for me at all, on 6.5 and on 7.0 with the 6.5 tinkers and iguana, any ideas anyone?
Did you remake the tools after downgrading? That's what worked for me.

RagefaceKurosaki

Jul 29, 2019
sounds like you might need to hqm edit, and after you claim you reward make sure to check if you got the reputation from it or not