Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Nope. That's not it. By "builders use" I meant I see it in redstone contraptions. It sort of has similar capabilities to ComputerCraft monitor buttons, but is restricted to four horizontally (or I think sixteen in a grid) "buttons" on one face, which are able to activate redstone contraptions, each button functioning similarly to a vanilla button. I think it uses either MFR or ProjectRed channels to accomplish this.

Bus input panel perhaps? From ProjectRed. Lets you send a signal to the corresponding colored cable.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure if this would go here. It is a functionality question related to the official Feed The Beast New Horizons Daybreak pack 1.1.0. I am attempting to extract creisite oil from Immersive Engineering Coke Oven but I Mekanism Fluid tank doesn't work. :( Have I overlooked a fluid extractor method?

Mekanism's "configurator" tool.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Get Java 8 and then ignore all of those, they don't serve much use anymore... Even at the best of times JVM's were more snake oil than anything else

This. I used a string of java arguments like the ones posted above when I was using Java 7. And they did work, they really improved how the game ran for me.

But then Java 8 came along, and guess what? I discovered, thru a lot of trial and error, that my game ran best when I didn't use ANY java arguments!

And what could be better than that revelation? No need to bother with figuring out all that Java gibberish and which arguments worked best? PRICELESS!

Just just Java 8 and don't use any arguments at all. Unless you've got something funky going on with your computer, I think you'll find those arguments are a thing of the past now.

sealedinterface

Jul 29, 2019
Bus input panel perhaps? From ProjectRed. Lets you send a signal to the corresponding colored cable.

Nope. That's not it.

Might also be the MFR Rednet Controller. A pic would help determine what the block is.
Not an MFR Rednet Controller; this one was a solid full block. I can't exactly provide a screenshot or else I'd be able to use Waila for the name. I remember the front face looked something like this:
IWR5RGo.png

Each of the four "buttons" on the right were pushable individually.

lucariomaster2

Jul 29, 2019
Normally I enjoy discovering things for myself, but I am completely stumped on this one.

How do you use the Forestry Escritoire, and what exactly is its purpose? From what I gather, you examine bees on it, but it doesn't seem to do anything the Beealyzer can't.

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
Normally I enjoy discovering things for myself, but I am completely stumped on this one.

How do you use the Forestry Escritoire, and what exactly is its purpose? From what I gather, you examine bees on it, but it doesn't seem to do anything the Beealyzer can't.
It's kind of invalidated with NEI Addons showing bee/tree breeding combinations since finding out those combinations is kind of its main use, but basically its a game of Memory. Feeding it combs or honey will reveal a couple of tiles at random, and you have to then reveal them yourself in pairs until you've turned over all the tiles at once. Fail to make a pair once and its game over. The last time I used it, its main use as I was playing was to fill out all the combinations in the Binnie's mods Apiarist's & Arborist's Databases (ie so I didn't have to repetitively breed the likes of Common bees from every single possible combination).

Reactions: lucariomaster2

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Nope. That's not it.

Not an MFR Rednet Controller; this one was a solid full block. I can't exactly provide a screenshot or else I'd be able to use Waila for the name. I remember the front face looked something like this:
IWR5RGo.png

Each of the four "buttons" on the right were pushable individually.
I think you're thinking of a machine in GregTech 4. I don't remember what it was called, but I remember seeing something like that in NEI in Unhinged. If you screwdriver it, it'll change the front face to give a different panel.

I'm not sure if it ever got ported to GT5 or GT5u... @Blood Asp?

It's kind of invalidated with NEI Addons showing bee/tree breeding combinations since finding out those combinations is kind of its main use, but basically its a game of Memory. Feeding it combs or honey will reveal a couple of tiles at random, and you have to then reveal them yourself in pairs until you've turned over all the tiles at once. Fail to make a pair once and its game over. The last time I used it, its main use as I was playing was to fill out all the combinations in the Binnie's mods Apiarist's & Arborist's Databases (ie so I didn't have to repetitively breed the likes of Common bees from every single possible combination).
I think it also has a use in breeding butterflies. Last I checked, the reward for solving the puzzle with a butterfly is a jar of... pollen? Wing scales?... that's labeled with the butterfly's species. I didn't know what it was used for when I played around with it, so I don't know for sure, but breeding them is an application that I vaguely remember hearing about.

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
How would I detect if there are a certain number of non-stackable items in an inventory and not emit a redstone signal if the number is below this?

Need to shut off an IC2 MOX nuclear reactor while I'm swapping out fuel rods so I don't lose heat.

Last edited:

Bickers

Jul 29, 2019
How would I detect if there are a certain number of non-stackable items in an inventory and not emit a redstone signal if the number is below this?

Need to shut off an IC2 MOX nuclear reactor while I'm swapping out fuel rods so I don't lose heat.
storage bus + level emitter perhaps ?

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013

CC+ open peripherals will probably be able to see all items inside and their names

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
storage bus + level emitter perhaps ?

I need to detect the amount of fuel rods inside the reactor and only run when it's full. There's also 2 reactors and I have to keep a stock of fuel rods in the AE system so I can swap fast so level emitter won't work. Thanks for the suggestion tho, I might be able to get it to work.

CC+ open peripherals will probably be able to see all items inside and their names

Ugh, I would really prefer a non-CC solution but thanx I'll do this if no other bright ideas come along.

EDIT: Aha! I don't need to detect when the items drop below a number as the import bus will pull depleted out instantly so just shut the reactor off if there's space in inventory!

EDIT EDIT: is there any way BESIDES BUILDCRAFT GATES to detect space in inventory or inventory full, because they don't work for some reason.

EDIT EDIT EDIT: Bickers set me on the right path, 2 seperate AE subnetworks with storage busses and level emitters can do this

Last edited:

Knux897

Jul 29, 2019
If I wanted to start a new world, is there a way to make Biomes O Plenty biomes more dynamic? More mountainous terrain? Is there a way to make the biome sizes larger as well?

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
I need to detect the amount of fuel rods inside the reactor and only run when it's full. There's also 2 reactors and I have to keep a stock of fuel rods in the AE system so I can swap fast so level emitter won't work. Thanks for the suggestion tho, I might be able to get it to work.

Ugh, I would really prefer a non-CC solution but thanx I'll do this if no other bright ideas come along.

EDIT: Aha! I don't need to detect when the items drop below a number as the import bus will pull depleted out instantly so just shut the reactor off if there's space in inventory!

EDIT EDIT: is there any way BESIDES BUILDCRAFT GATES to detect space in inventory or inventory full, because they don't work for some reason.

EDIT EDIT EDIT: Bickers set me on the right path, 2 seperate AE subnetworks with storage busses and level emitters can do this
Do comparators work on reactors? That could be another solution.

sealedinterface

Jul 29, 2019
I think you're thinking of a machine in GregTech 4. I don't remember what it was called, but I remember seeing something like that in NEI in Unhinged. If you screwdriver it, it'll change the front face to give a different panel.

I'm not sure if it ever got ported to GT5 or GT5u... @Blood Asp?
I'm pretty sure that's not it. I never played Unhinged for more than a half hour in creative mode, and I remember seeing this block in Monster. It wasn't from a big name mod like MFR, ProjectRed, or AE, but from a lesser-known mod like OpenComputers or EnderTech.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
No they don't and the AE solution doesn't work too well either, I don't think IC2 is reporting the reactors contents properly
Don't Big reactors have a rednet io port with those exact options? Actually doesn't the regular redstone port do this too sans the bundled output?
Those blocks do have an option to monitor fuel right?
Also the multiblock nature of BigReactors makes them difficult to read with comparitors.

DERP you mean IC 2 reactors derp. Still the comparitor comment might still apply.

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
Here, let me rephrase that: why are BuildCraft gates not working? Show me your setup.

They don't detect when the reactor is full saying there's always "space in inventory" even when there's not. It's an IC2 bug reporting the contents of the reactor as AE can't read it properly either.

Set up was simply a structure pipe with a gate right next to the reactor, set it to "Inventory Full" and even when the reactor is full it doesn't activate, "Space in Inventory" on the higher tier gates always active even while full.

Don't Big reactors have a rednet io port with those exact options? Actually doesn't the regular redstone port do this too sans the bundled output?
Those blocks do have an option to monitor fuel right?
Also the multiblock nature of BigReactors makes them difficult to read with comparitors.

DERP you mean IC 2 reactors derp. Still the comparitor comment might still apply.

Yes IC2, and as I said a comparator doesn't read it either.

It was all a bit redundant anyway as the AE buses full of Acceleration Cards swap the fuel rods so quickly the reactor doesn't have time to lose heat.

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
In Agrarian Skies 2, how do I make a plastic hammer head? It says it needs plasteel, but I don't know how to make that. Is it still unavailable because of it being a beta pack?