Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Wicked223

Jul 29, 2019
Is it possible for two rituals to share the same master stone? I have a Ritual of Regeneration and a Well of Suffering centered on the same stone, but only Regeneration appears to be working.

Jul 29, 2019
Got a few questions to ask:
1) Anybody know what the official page of magical crops is? (looking for as much info as possible, specifically changelog and if you can make certus quartz crops)
2) I need a way to automatically shut off my tree farm when there is an overflow of any of four materials: charcoal, logs, apples or saplings - I tried using a buffer chest set to priority -30 via ender io conduits, but for some reason it got items instantly when there were higher priority inventories (barrels)
3) Alternatively, is there a AE equivalent of a logistics pipes supplier pipe? (I know there is an export bus, but I don't know how to do something that would, say, keep 32 of item X in the inventory Y at all times)
4) Is it worth organising disk drives (AE 2) or should I just dump items randomly? (by organize I mean restrict what items can go onto what storage-disk-thing)
5) What is a good way to power the MFR laser drill at a reasonable level? I have enough supplies for a 8x8 big reactor, but that doesn't cut it for me (or I might be doing something wrong)
6) How can I auto-farm magical crops? (MFR doesn't work)
Thanks for any help!

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
2) I need a way to automatically shut off my tree farm when there is an overflow of any of four materials: charcoal, logs, apples or saplings - I tried using a buffer chest set to priority -30 via ender io conduits, but for some reason it got items instantly when there were higher priority inventories (barrels)
If I remember correctly mfr responds to redstone, as a result you can place a chest between the harvester and the barrels with a comparator next to it.
if one of the barrels gets full that item will stay in the chest. The comparator will give a higher redstone signal the more items get stuck, use repeaters or something else to connect the redstone signal at the desired amount of items to the harvester.
Another way to do it would be computercraft but that seems a bit overkill

3) Alternatively, is there a AE equivalent of a logistics pipes supplier pipe? (I know there is an export bus, but I don't know how to do something that would, say, keep 32 of item X in the inventory Y at all times)
I think an interface can keep a certain amount of items in itself

Reactions: Type1Ninja

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
Got a few questions to ask:
1) Anybody know what the official page of magical crops is? (looking for as much info as possible, specifically changelog and if you can make certus quartz crops)
4) Is it worth organising disk drives (AE 2) or should I just dump items randomly? (by organize I mean restrict what items can go onto what storage-disk-thing)
5) What is a good way to power the MFR laser drill at a reasonable level? I have enough supplies for a 8x8 big reactor, but that doesn't cut it for me (or I might be doing something wrong)
6) How can I auto-farm magical crops? (MFR doesn't work)
Thanks for any help!
I'll answer what I can here.
2) if you are using AE to store your items, you could use level emitters, all hooked up togther to the harvester via some kind of redstone transmission.
3) AE does not have a direct equivelent to the LP Supplier pipe. The closest thing is a combination of the Interface and either Itemducts with a servo and (I think) at least a signalium filter, or a Translocator
4) Strictly speaking you don't need to organise them at all, but this can lead to fragmentation, and inefficent use of the drives. This is more appropiate with either items you get massive amounts of, or when you are using smaller drives. Personally I don't usually need a drive bigger than a 16k.
5)a laser drill takes 20k rf/t, maxium iirc. At that level Big reactors, Advanced Generators or certain Extra Utils Generators are likely your best bets for efficently powering it.
6) You might need to use EnderIO's farming station or golems. Without knowing what mods are in the pack, it's hard for me to suggest an exact thing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Type1Ninja

Xiggie

Jul 29, 2019
I've tried doing a search but can find nothing. Is there a way to disable Tricksters completely? Or at least the part where they split. It is causing serious lag in my server.

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
I've tried doing a search but can find nothing. Is there a way to disable Tricksters completely? Or at least the part where they split. It is causing serious lag in my server.

Openblocks has a config option to disable any creature, just type the name.

Jul 29, 2019
I'll answer what I can here.
2) if you are using AE to store your items, you could use level emitters, all hooked up togther to the harvester via some kind of redstone transmission.
3) AE does not have a direct equivelent to the LP Supplier pipe. The closest thing is a combination of the Interface and either Itemducts with a servo and (I think) at least a signalium filter, or a Translocator
4) Strictly speaking you don't need to organise them at all, but this can lead to fragmentation, and inefficent use of the drives. This is more appropiate with either items you get massive amounts of, or when you are using smaller drives. Personally I don't usually need a drive bigger than a 16k.
5)a laser drill takes 20k rf/t, maxium iirc. At that level Big reactors, Advanced Generators or certain Extra Utils Generators are likely your best bets for efficently powering it.
6) You might need to use EnderIO's farming station or golems. Without knowing what mods are in the pack, it's hard for me to suggest an exact thing.
2) I think I'll go that way - I now actually have enough resources to start making AE2 networks, but I had completely forgotten about that transmitter thing, thanks for that :)
3) Could you give a bit more detail on how this works? I'm specifically not very familiar with signalium filters or translocators.
4) Alright, that makes sense. I think what I'll do is just blacklist spam blocks (cobble, dirt etc) so that they don't muck everything up.
5) 20k rf/t.... How big of big reactor does this take? I made a 8x8x8 with enderium as coolant and 4 cores and got 2.75 - 3k rf/t - mind you this is THE most I have ever had in my MC history, I guess I'll have to look into this a bit more...
6) Oops, my bad, yes I should have said I am using Direwolf20 v1.6.1 with MC 1.7, if the farming stations work, I'll try those, I've got a fairly good consistent power supply at the moment.
Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it!

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
I'm not the best person to ask about big reactors I'm afraid :(. The filters can specify an amount to keep in an inventory - i think signalium is the lowest that does this (might be reinforced). The amount here is fixed for all the items in the filter, so it's essentially keep X of all of these items in here. Translocators are a tad more flexible in the filtering, but are restricted to being a 1 block bridge. They'll also need a diamond nugget to set the receiving translocator to regulate mode, where you can set how many items to keep in stock, for instance a stack of coal and a single bucket. When set up all you need to do is right click the center of the receiving translocator.

Xiggie

Jul 29, 2019
Openblocks has a config option to disable any creature, just type the name.

I saw that, and I saw where it says about disabling mobs by typing the name but when I typed in Trickster it I ended up with an error about missing 2 entities and blocks. Guessing maybe I put the name in the wrong spot or maybe something goes along with the name?

# Configuration file

additional {
# List any mob names you want disabled on the server
S:disableMobNames <
>

# Should player inventories be stored after death (can be later restored with ob_inventory command)
B:dumpDeadPlayersInventories=true
}
At what point should I put Trickster in this string?

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
Mojang "Authentication service" is down right now.
How to play FTB?
Hm, so it is. I use MultiMC for launching (instead of the FTB launcher) and it lets me play offline. Assumedly launching MC through the vanilla client should work as well. Other than that, I don't know of a solution.

Here's a threaddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/Minecraft/comments/3kstcd/minecraft_servers_down/

Also as listed above: http://xpaw.ru/mcstatus/ <-- use that site to keep checking in for the authserv status.

Saberwulfy

Jul 29, 2019
Hm, so it is. I use MultiMC for launching (instead of the FTB launcher) and it lets me play offline. Assumedly launching MC through the vanilla client should work as well. Other than that, I don't know of a solution.

Here's a threaddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/Minecraft/comments/3kstcd/minecraft_servers_down/

Also as listed above: http://xpaw.ru/mcstatus/ <-- use that site to keep checking in for the authserv status.

MultiMC using FTB tracker, FTB instances crash

Last edited:

ZeCowMan

Jul 29, 2019
Playing FTB Infinity 1.7.10, when trying to view a Magic Map from Twilight Forest, the player marker on the map is constantly changing its direction even when I'm standing still.

Is this intentional and part of the progression or a bug?

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Playing FTB Infinity 1.7.10, when trying to view a Magic Map from Twilight Forest, the player marker on the map is constantly changing its direction even when I'm standing still.

Is this intentional and part of the progression or a bug?
That seems to be a bug. The best workaround that I know of is to use the TF map to track your location, and Mapwriter/JourneyMap/what have you to track your heading.

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
I saw that, and I saw where it says about disabling mobs by typing the name but when I typed in Trickster it I ended up with an error about missing 2 entities and blocks. Guessing maybe I put the name in the wrong spot or maybe something goes along with the name?

# Configuration file

additional {
>

# Should player inventories be stored after death (can be later restored with ob_inventory command)
}
At what point should I put Trickster in this string?

Sounds like you did it right, ignore the error, and load your world see what happens. Might want to backup your save first though, just in case.

Xiggie

Jul 29, 2019
Sounds like you did it right, ignore the error, and load your world see what happens. Might want to backup your save first though, just in case.

This is my current openblocks.config file at the beginning. There is more to it but this is the pertinent part of it:

# Configuration file

additional {
>
S:"disableMobNames Trickster" <
>

}

I am still getting tricksters to spawn.