Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
This is my current openblocks.config file at the beginning. There is more to it but this is the pertinent part of it:

# Configuration file

additional {
# List any mob names you want disabled on the server
S:disableMobNames <
>
S:"disableMobNames Trickster" <
>

# Should player inventories be stored after death (can be later restored with ob_inventory command)
B:dumpDeadPlayersInventories=true
}

I am still getting tricksters to spawn.
It looks like you've copied the relevant config line, and put Trickster in the wrong place in the copy. Instead, remove you copy-pasted line, and put "trickster" at the end of the "S:disableMobNames <" line, after the angle bracket. The angle brackets are most likely intended to enclose the names of all the mobs that you want to disable.

Disclaimer: I have not messed with this feature, and as such I do not know the correct format. However, you'll probably need to use the mob's internal name... which I might be able to find or guess if I knew what mod these Tricksters are from.

Reactions: Type1Ninja

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
I once typed in "squid" and there were no squids anywhere. I dont remember exactly how I entered it in but first instinct tells me it would be within the brackets like <squid>

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
Interesting, as the squid is registered internally as "minecraft.squid". Perhaps the mod author has some sort of entity search within OpenBlocks?

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk 2

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
I am having trouble setting up the Blood Magic Well of Suffering & Ritual of Regeneration combination. I have used the well without the regen previously on DW20 pack with villagers.

I am now on AS2, I have been sacrificing villagers manually up to this point and have Tier 5 altar. I have got the sacrifice happening but not adding to the altar and the regen is not working at all.

So questions are - How many air blocks between altar and the lower master ritual stone? Which ritual is the lower one? Do both rituals work on villagers?

BTW I am placing the rituals above the altar as I have both the villager spawning and essence pipes under the altar

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
I am having trouble setting up the Blood Magic Well of Suffering & Ritual of Regeneration combination. I have used the well without the regen previously on DW20 pack with villagers.

I am now on AS2, I have been sacrificing villagers manually up to this point and have Tier 5 altar. I have got the sacrifice happening but not adding to the altar and the regen is not working at all.

So questions are - How many air blocks between altar and the lower master ritual stone? Which ritual is the lower one? Do both rituals work on villagers?

BTW I am placing the rituals above the altar as I have both the villager spawning and essence pipes under the altar
I believe that the Well of Suffering, at least, works within a 21x21x21 box centered on the Master Ritual Stone. This counts for both the range in which it will damage mobs and that in which it can fill a blood altar- so if there's less than 9 blocks between the MRS and your Blood Altar (that is, the block you interact with, not all the runes and pillars around it) in the X, Y, and Z directions (i.e. the difference in each coordinate is less than 10), you should be OK.

I'm not sure if the Ritual of Regeneration works on non-players or not. It may just be intended to heal players to power up the Ritual of the Feathered Knife.

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
Use a gate (anyy will do) with a satisfied conditon of "Go Home" on the same pipe as the docking station you placed the robot on. For instance Redstone signal on > Go Home, then giving the gate a redstone signal will cause the robot to come home.

Reactions: epidemia78

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Use a gate (anyy will do) with a satisfied conditon of "Go Home" on the same pipe as the docking station you placed the robot on. For instance Redstone signal on > Go Home, then giving the gate a redstone signal will cause the robot to come home.

Ok, so how do I get robots to only work in the area Ive defined with the...uh area defining machine(whatever its called, lol)? Tried putting the bot inside the machine, nothing happens.

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, so how do I get robots to only work in the area Ive defined with the...uh area defining machine(whatever its called, lol)? Tried putting the bot inside the machine, nothing happens.

On one of the last few DW20 Forgecraft youtube videos Dire does a robot farm - it looked easy enough an he seemed to explain it well. It's worth a look

Dkittrell

Jul 29, 2019
Im new to Botania, i just started playing it in AS2 but i have played with it for about a week and have a very OP mana system set up.I made a full set up terrasteel armor with protection 5 on all 4 pieces that i got off a piece of armor from a reward bag. I beat the tier 1 Gaia boss pretty easy and i want to try the tier 2 version. I remember helping a buddy one time with this boss and i had full bound armor set up with blood magic and got killed very easy, this was before i knew anything about the boss regarding the purple goo on the ground and that a globetrotter ring helps wonders in that fight. I was looking for people that fought the tier 2 boss before if what i have armor wise is good enough to go after this boss and would you recommend potions?

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
Im new to Botania, i just started playing it in AS2 but i have played with it for about a week and have a very OP mana system set up.I made a full set up terrasteel armor with protection 5 on all 4 pieces that i got off a piece of armor from a reward bag. I beat the tier 1 Gaia boss pretty easy and i want to try the tier 2 version. I remember helping a buddy one time with this boss and i had full bound armor set up with blood magic and got killed very easy, this was before i knew anything about the boss regarding the purple goo on the ground and that a globetrotter ring helps wonders in that fight. I was looking for people that fought the tier 2 boss before if what i have armor wise is good enough to go after this boss and would you recommend potions?
Don't underestimate the usefulness of potions. I personally haven't done botania at all, but 260% damage for 1:30 is huge - regen seems like it would also be useful, and speed if you feel like it (speed potions = cheap).

Jul 29, 2019
A couple AE2-specific questions:
1) How do you automate an inscriber - what other mods does it work with? I tried using Ender IO conduits, didn't work for me.
2) Is there a way to blacklist items from a storage cell rather than just whitelist? (context: I want cobble, dirt, gravel and sand to go to specific drives, rest of the items can go wherever, so I'd want to blacklist cobble etc from most drives)
3) Regarding channels - I thought data blocks use a channel each, but on my covered cable, I don't see any indication of a channel being used when adding an ME drive to the network?

JunpakuKarasu

Jul 29, 2019
1) How do you automate an inscriber - what other mods does it work with? I tried using Ender IO conduits, didn't work for me.
Inscribers should work with most mods' pipes, I think, but they're one of those blocks that need items to be piped into and out of certain sides, so that's probably why EnderIO didn't work?

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
2) Is there a way to blacklist items from a storage cell rather than just whitelist? (context: I want cobble, dirt, gravel and sand to go to specific drives, rest of the items can go wherever, so I'd want to blacklist cobble etc from most drives)
3) Regarding channels - I thought data blocks use a channel each, but on my covered cable, I don't see any indication of a channel being used when adding an ME drive to the network?

Lol I know it's not a huge deal but isn't this forum ask -A- simple question as in a singular.
Also a couple means two.

1. You can't really automate one inscriber easily. For a smooth system you will need at least 5. One for pressing each chip (gold, quartz, diamond, silicon) and the last one being dedicated to combining them in to processors. If you set the redstone and silicon slots to be stocked any type of chip that enters the top will be crafted.
You could do it with one inscriber if you are willing to do some SFM or CC wizardry, but that's a pain for most folks. Also multiple dedicated inscribers are quicker anyway.

2. No, would be handy though.

3. Only smart cables indicate channel useage. TBH I do not know what the purpose of covered cable is other then being an aesthetic choice and a crafting mat for smart cables.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Dkittrell

Jul 29, 2019
Don't underestimate the usefulness of potions. I personally haven't done botania at all, but 260% damage for 1:30 is huge - regen seems like it would also be useful, and speed if you feel like it (speed potions = cheap).

I 100% agree you can’t underestimate potions but I do know the tier 2 Gaja boss is no joke and wasn’t sure if potions were enough with my armor, not to say im stuck with the terrasteel armor but its end game armor for that mod so im assuming it should be good for end game boss fight. I was thinking about just setting up numerous beacons up with different effects instead of potions so it didn’t wear off but it goes back again im not sure if potion effects+terrasteel armor is good enough.

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
I 100% agree you can’t underestimate potions but I do know the tier 2 Gaja boss is no joke and wasn’t sure if potions were enough with my armor, not to say im stuck with the terrasteel armor but its end game armor for that mod so im assuming it should be good for end game boss fight. I was thinking about just setting up numerous beacons up with different effects instead of potions so it didn’t wear off but it goes back again im not sure if potion effects+terrasteel armor is good enough.
That's a bold statement. Let's see if it pays off.