Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
As far as I can tell it does not do anything. I can't remember what if anything the 'dreaming' effect does and you would think the Lexicon would state what it does and why you would want it, but it doesn't. I used the dreaming bee (I think) to get botania petals, maybe the Alfheim has a useful product.
The Floral Bee generates tons of petals. Alfheim Bees generate nothing of any particular use for mana, just Otherworldly Combs.

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe an odd question here but - does anyone know if CreeperHost has gone out of business. My server just stopped a few hours ago and I can't seem to even send them a support message. Sent an email a couple hours back but no reply from their 24/7 support desk.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
No I hope not ...... the AS2 questions are entirely within the concept of "simple questions" ...mostly!

It's just that AS2 has, due to the different ways of growing crops and getting resources, a huge amount of simply answered questions ... for those who know the simple answers.

And because of the consequences (or possibility that The Evil Jaded has included/upgraded consequences) of mistakes it is often easier, and possibly wiser, to ask lots of questions

And thus, true wisdom is achieved. :D

Reactions: Type1Ninja

Patzos

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know if the answer can be simple (please try to), but that's the question:
Where in my ftb folder can I locate a file that says the prerequisites of a thaumcraft research?

Having too many add-ons and spent too much time puzzling. Ty!

Wicked223

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having a a problem with Weak Blood Shards from Blood Magic; the ones that drop from mobs can't be used to craft anything. Dropping the glitched shards and hacking some in with NEI gives ones that work, but id luke to know how to get working dropped shards.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Well, i've never had an issue with the dropped shards not working.

But, if you want an alternate way to do it, bloody bees produce them. And they're pisseasy to breed :)

Wicked223

Jul 29, 2019
I'd prefer to put off diving into the byzantine morass that is bee breeding for as long as I can, but thanks anyway!

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
I'd prefer to put off diving into the byzantine morass that is bee breeding for as long as I can, but thanks anyway!
Be breeding with Gendustry is possibly TOO easy ... I actually spent about a week getting all available bees in the DW20 pack. I am no longer scared of using them to get my resources. Currently getting started with breeding on AS2 and looking forward to it.

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
Did they remove Concussion Creepers? Haven't seen one since last Infinity update? Or are they all hiding on me?

Jul 29, 2019
Two questions:
1) How do I get liquid enderium - I have it in ingot form, but it can't be put in magma crucible and I don't know how to put it into a bucket via smeltry (needed for big reactors coolant purposes)
2) Do pink slimes die naturally? I made a pit and left 4 smallest-tier pink slimes in their, I came back they were all dead... any idea why?

123nick

Jul 29, 2019
not quite related to FTB, but related to modded minecraft: what do these java arguments do, when used? i heard they increase performance, but not how. :
-Xmx4096m
-Xms4096m
-XX:NewSize=512m
-XX:+DisableExplicitGC
-XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC
-XX:+UseParNewGC
-XX:+UseNUMA
-XX:+CMSParallelRemarkEnabled
-XX:MaxTenuringThreshold=15
-XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=30
-XX:GCPauseIntervalMillis=150
-XX:+UseAdaptiveGCBoundary
-XX:-UseGCOverheadLimit
-XX:+UseBiasedLocking
-XX:SurvivorRatio=2
-XX:TargetSurvivorRatio=90
-XX:MaxTenuringThreshold=15
-Dfml.ignorePatchDiscrepancies=true
-Dfml.ignoreInvalidMinecraftCertificates=true
-XX:+UseFastAccessorMethods
-XX:+UseCompressedOops
-XX:+OptimizeStringConcat
-XX:+AggressiveOpts
-XX:ReservedCodeCacheSize=1024m
-XX:+UseCodeCacheFlushing
-XX:SoftRefLRUPolicyMSPerMB=10000
-XX: parallelGCThreads=4
-d64
-XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC
-XX:+CMSIncrementalPacing

also, no space between XX: and parallelGCthreads. i just have it there to remove emoji.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Two questions:
1) How do I get liquid enderium - I have it in ingot form, but it can't be put in magma crucible and I don't know how to put it into a bucket via smeltry (needed for big reactors coolant purposes)
2) Do pink slimes die naturally? I made a pit and left 4 smallest-tier pink slimes in their, I came back they were all dead... any idea why?

Umm unless BR now allows molten metals to be used as coolant you might want to use resonant ender instead...
You must have enderium mixed up with resonant ender.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Two questions:
As for #2, pink slimes probably despawn like all other non-passive mobs. Your best bet is probably to spawn some and capture at least one in a Safari Net, which will preserve it indefinitely and also let you spawn more from an Auto-Spawner if you wish.

Another tip, you can get a lot more slimeballs out of one slime if you Embiggen it first- the Slime Embiggening Syringe costs only a couple of slimeballs (and some lapis) to craft, and increases the slime's size by 1, to a maximum of one size larger than the largest naturally-spawned size (for green slimes, at least). It pays for itself quickly if you then kill the slime with anything other than a Grinder (which won't cause it to split).

If you use ExtraUtils Spikes or something of that nature to split your auto-spawned giant slimes to tiny size, then Grind the tiny slimes, you can actually get a net gain of Mob Essence. I don't know it it's enough of a gain to also power all machines involved with Reactant Dynamos, though.

Oracle

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure if this would go here. It is a functionality question related to the official Feed The Beast New Horizons Daybreak pack 1.1.0. I am attempting to extract creisite oil from Immersive Engineering Coke Oven but I Mekanism Fluid tank doesn't work. :( Have I overlooked a fluid extractor method?

sealedinterface

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure which block you are referring to but the Builder Guide from openblocks is pretty useful.
Nope. That's not it. By "builders use" I meant I see it in redstone contraptions. It sort of has similar capabilities to ComputerCraft monitor buttons, but is restricted to four horizontally (or I think sixteen in a grid) "buttons" on one face, which are able to activate redstone contraptions, each button functioning similarly to a vanilla button. I think it uses either MFR or ProjectRed channels to accomplish this.