Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
I need info on Agrarian skies 2 - how do I get vines? I saw I can use botania to turn lily-pads into vines ... but the only way I could find to get lily-pads was to use botania ...... to turn vines into lily-pads.
Full disclosure - I am trying to get the vines for the tropical bees, I have read you can somehow use pines (I do have some) but how was not included in the discussion and may have been AS1 only.

All help appreciated!

sgbros1

Jul 29, 2019
I need info on Agrarian skies 2 - how do I get vines? I saw I can use botania to turn lily-pads into vines ... but the only way I could find to get lily-pads was to use botania ...... to turn vines into lily-pads.
Full disclosure - I am trying to get the vines for the tropical bees, I have read you can somehow use pines (I do have some) but how was not included in the discussion and may have been AS1 only.

All help appreciated!
Those 2x2 jungle trees grow with vines IIRC.

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
I'll push my luck and try another question - Agrarian skies 2 on a server - does the "/summon EnderDragon" command work?

Not playing in party mode so would like to be able to summon so both players get the achievement, also its only an achievement if you actually do it.

sgbros1

Jul 29, 2019
I'll push my luck and try another question - Agrarian skies 2 on a server - does the "/summon EnderDragon" command work?

Not playing in party mode so would like to be able to summon so both players get the achievement, also its only an achievement if you actually do it.

What achievement requires everyone to kill a dragon? If you mean the vanilla End achievement just step into the portal.

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
What achievement requires everyone to kill a dragon? If you mean the vanilla End achievement just step into the portal.

I just re-watched Episode 30 of DW20 and Pahimar's AS2 and I thought there was an achievement past the "go to the end" that required the kill. They killed it and I thought got an achievement (they are in party mode), I could have misinterpreted, Tomorrow I'll look at the quest book again to make sure. Thanks again

Bickers

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I got the Thaumometer crafted, and have the Goggles of Revealing research, but no lenses research show up...

Guess I'll just keep researching everything. I just didn't want to waste aspects on research I don't really want, since Aspects is kind of a rare thing in AS2.

Thanks for replies.
look into getting the soul sieve from thaurmic horizons so you can make knowledge fragments once used they will give you 1-2 i think of a random primal aspect

Adagiovibe

Jul 29, 2019
Its for minecraft. And allocating too much RAM actually does more harm than good. The amount of RAM you need vastly depends on what mods you are using.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Are there any amulets, baubles, charms or whatever in Infinity that increase strength?

At the moment my current options for rounding out my gear set is either a bag of holding full of strength potions or installing Chromaticraft for the pendants...

Reactions: Type1Ninja

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Also, can I use an enderIO redstone conduit to change the redstone state of a conduit connector that's the end point of the same bundle?

Say I have fluid conduits set to extract from my smeltery drains on a redstone signal, can I bundle up some redstone conduits in there and use that to activate the connectors?

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
Are there any amulets, baubles, charms or whatever in Infinity that increase strength?
there is a str amulet from runic dungeons(str1 no upkeep) or a tainted blood pendant from botania with the vigor potion infused into it(str2 mana upkeep ) both most be worn in the amulet slot to have there effect

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Also, can I use an enderIO redstone conduit to change the redstone state of a conduit connector that's the end point of the same bundle?

Say I have fluid conduits set to extract from my smeltery drains on a redstone signal, can I bundle up some redstone conduits in there and use that to activate the connectors?

Yes you should be able to use it. I've done something similar with MFR auto spawners and grinders. MFR grinders require 3 connections (fluid, item & power). It was a bonus to run the redstone signal in and just use just the bottom side of the grinder for all 4 connections.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
I think AS2 needs its own thread here.
I think you can plug fluxducts and the like directly into the Controller and still have it work. Do you have any power lines running next to the Controller?
No, the energy conduits were not connecting to the controller, but I just found that I had another Energy Acceptor on a subnet which must have been feeding power through to the main net.

Reactions: Type1Ninja

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
I think AS2 needs its own thread here.

No I hope not ...... the AS2 questions are entirely within the concept of "simple questions" ...mostly!

It's just that AS2 has, due to the different ways of growing crops and getting resources, a huge amount of simply answered questions ... for those who know the simple answers.

And because of the consequences (or possibility that The Evil Jaded has included/upgraded consequences) of mistakes it is often easier, and possibly wiser, to ask lots of questions

Reactions: Hambeau

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Does anyone know how the Alfheim Bee works? Does it generate mana, and if so, how do I capture it? Does the bee have to be living in a Forestry hive? Gendustry hives don't seem to do anything, mana pools and mana spreaders don't do anything when nearby.

I have asked on the Botania and Magic Bees threads.

Last edited:

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know how the Alfheim Bee works? Does it generate mana, and if so, how do I capture it? Does the bee have to be living in a Forestry hive? Gendustry hives don't seem to do anything, mana pools and mana spreaders don't do anything when nearby.
As far as I can tell it does not do anything. I can't remember what if anything the 'dreaming' effect does and you would think the Lexicon would state what it does and why you would want it, but it doesn't. I used the dreaming bee (I think) to get botania petals, maybe the Alfheim has a useful product.