Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
I've opened the 3 COFH config files on Notepad++ and compiled the following data:

Ore: height

Luminite: 40-75
Dark dirt (?): 0-48
Compound: 50-75
Nether Quartz: 0-64
Emerald: 0-32
Yellorite: 0-36
Certus Quartz: 38-54
Aluminum: 36-128
Copper: 40-75
Tin: 20-55
Silver: 5-30
Lead: 10-35
Nickel: 5-20
Platinum: 5-30
Copper (High?): 48-96
Dirt: 0-128
Coal: 0-128
Iron: 0-64
Gold: 0-32
Redstone: 0-16
Diamond: 0-16
Emerald: 0-32
Lapis: 16 (WTF?)
Quartz (ore): 10-118

And I have some questions:

Lapis has the same min and max height: does that mean it only generated at 16?
What is copper high? Is it code to make it spawn on the floor and ceiling of the cave without spawning in between?

Thanks

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
... where is the best place to go to ask stupid questions about using eclipse for modding with forge? I'm having a weird graphics driver issue that should be easily fixed, and yet ;-;

Adagiovibe

Jul 29, 2019
I can't tell from the tiny image, but if the phantom comes from BoP, what gave me flux withdrawal? It can't be a potion id conflict, since I'm using FTB Infinity and those are all supposed to be resolved beforehand by the FTB team.
Are you sure it was called Flux Withdrawal and not Taint Withdrawal? I never came across the first, but the second is added by the mod Thaumic Exploration.

Try updating Thaumic Exploration, as after looking it up more there are a bunch of instances in the past where it would overwrite other potion effects with Taint Withdrawal. The BoP Phantom was actually supposed to give you some other debuff but it got overwritten.

Or you could just disable the potion ID from the config.

Last edited:

sealedinterface

Jul 29, 2019
Are you sure it was called Flux Withdrawal and not Taint Withdrawal? I never came across the first, but the second is added by the mod Thaumic Exploration.

Try updating Thaumic Exploration, as after looking it up more there are a bunch of instances in the past where it would overwrite other potion effects with Taint Withdrawal. The BoP Phantom was actually supposed to give you some other debuff but it got overwritten.

Or you could just disable the potion ID from the config.
It was taint withdrawal, that was just a typo. Looks like FTB Infinity needs a bugfix update, since this is quite a notable conflict.

Reactions: Type1Ninja

Adagiovibe

Jul 29, 2019
this ID confilct is from Thaumic Exploration. Don't know if its equally as buggy, personally I never had these issues.

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
Thaumic Horizons, biome ID 69 (BoP defaults put Lush Swamp there initially.)

This is caused by whomever wrote TH to forget to add a configuration for biome ID. You can just turn off the generation for BoP Lush Swamp to prevent it from happening.

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Type1Ninja

Dylz101

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any current mod that adds any form of pollution to the game. It's been something I've been wanting for a while, but I haven't been to find anything.

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
I'd guess, but i don't remember for sure that you'd need goggles of revealing, other than perhaps things in the thaumic horizons tab. Thaumometer is a baseline research.

Reactions: Ashendale

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
That's why i don't tend to rember what is needed for certain researches unless it's one i generally rush at the start of thaumcraft, i usually do all-the-researches and scan-all-the-things. ;)

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
That would be the Thaumometer... You'll need 2, plus some leather and gold if I recall correctly.

Yeah, I got the Thaumometer crafted, and have the Goggles of Revealing research, but no lenses research show up...

best to just research everything you can its going to be needed to at some point in time due to the massive amount of quests there are for TC4 and its addons

Guess I'll just keep researching everything. I just didn't want to waste aspects on research I don't really want, since Aspects is kind of a rare thing in AS2.

Thanks for replies.

sgbros1

Jul 29, 2019
Guess I'll just keep researching everything. I just didn't want to waste aspects on research I don't really want, since Aspects is kind of a rare thing in AS2.
Botania's Whisperweed gives you aspects for mana. You might want to consider that.