Zein's Necrology [pre-alpha 0.0.01]

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
I've got some random ideas for different thingamajigs, no idea how these would be applied, but may be cool.
Sloth - slowness, weakness
Gluttony - attack each other
Wrath - you have a boosted attack
Pride - you have a boosted defence
Lust - animals around you breed
Envy - mobs drop much better loot
Greed - item magnetization

Reactions: Zein Eizoku

Zein Eizoku

Jul 29, 2019
I've got some random ideas for different thingamajigs, no idea how these would be applied, but may be cool.
Sloth - slowness, weakness
Gluttony - attack each other
Wrath - you have a boosted attack
Pride - you have a boosted defence
Lust - animals around you breed
Envy - mobs drop much better loot
Greed - item magnetization

o.o giggity

1SDAN

Jul 29, 2019
oh okay, I didn't know if it would be something like 'disable a certain file for certain mobs' or 'parse information to go into a hole between mob and target' or something even harder. I was just spitballing an expample of what a curse would be.

Zein Eizoku

Jul 29, 2019
oh okay, I didn't know if it would be something like 'disable a certain file for certain mobs' or 'parse information to go into a hole between mob and target' or something even harder. I was just spitballing an expample of what a curse would be.

No problem it got the ball rolling can't stop it now :)

1SDAN

Jul 29, 2019
About the whole research thing, I think something that might go well with something like this could be experiments. Imagine mixing Necrological compounds in a specialized furnace, barrel or cauldron. The results could give hints on a good recipe, and hints on what went wrong.

The furnace could be used to use one object's spirit to burn another spirit and any where from 1 to 3 spirits to imbue said spirit with the two sins it resembles most.

IE: Zombies are Gluttony and Sloth
Spiders are Pride and Wrath
Etc

The Barrel is used to ferment the spirit of an object into an even more vile concoction. Gluttony becomes Cannibalism, Envy becomes Thievery, Wrath becomes Murder.

The Cauldron finally, mixes spirits that have fermented into the most vile sins ever. Say Wrath and Envy, it becomes Torture, Sloth and Gluttony can be Stagnation (Or modern Cartoon Network)

And each of these would have tiers that influence it's max ingredients and conversion rates.

Ideas come from a witchcraft type mob I thought about, I decided not to make it so you can use it if you want. p.s. Sent from an IPad... My finger ached like KRAZY!!!

Zein Eizoku

Jul 29, 2019
About the whole research thing, I think something that might go well with something like this could be experiments. Imagine mixing Necrological compounds in a specialized furnace, barrel or cauldron. The results could give hints on a good recipe, and hints on what went wrong.

The furnace could be used to use one object's spirit to burn another spirit and any where from 1 to 3 spirits to imbue said spirit with the two sins it resembles most.

IE: Zombies are Gluttony and Sloth
Spiders are Pride and Wrath
Etc

The Barrel is used to ferment the spirit of an object into an even more vile concoction. Gluttony becomes Cannibalism, Envy becomes Thievery, Wrath becomes Murder.

The Cauldron finally, mixes spirits that have fermented into the most vile sins ever. Say Wrath and Envy, it becomes Torture, Sloth and Gluttony can be Stagnation (Or modern Cartoon Network)

And each of these would have tiers that influence it's max ingredients and conversion rates.

Ideas come from a witchcraft type mob I thought about, I decided not to make it so you can use it if you want. p.s. Sent from an IPad... My finger ached like KRAZY!!!

Wow, this awesome. Thank you very much, I definitely like this a lot. Like... damn, a lot a lot, it would be an awesome curse mechanic to build off of.

And I send all of my stuff from my Samsung Galaxy S 3 :p I feel your pain.

Reactions: 1SDAN

1SDAN

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks, it means a lot to me that I'm helping a mod maker create such an ambitious mod. I have to say, if you keep this well balanced, I'm definitely going to use this with MagicFarm2 when you release it. Hey, I may even play it WITHOUT MF2!

P.S. just noticed I said mob instead of mod
P.S.S kool, another tablet user!
P.S.S.S. I don't think pss is even a real thing...

Reactions: Zein Eizoku

Not_Steve

Over-Achiever
Oct 11, 2013
Thanks, it means a lot to me that I'm helping a mod maker create such an ambitious mod. I have to say, if you keep this well balanced, I'm definitely going to use this with MagicFarm2 when you release it. Hey, I may even play it WITHOUT MF2!

PS stands for post script. So pss is post script script and PSS is post script script script. The proper way to do it is pps or ppps

Reactions: Padfoote

Zein Eizoku

Jul 29, 2019

It is for sure ambitious. I am hoping I can have it work well with other mods such as BC and IC2 if puerile want, even other magic based mods. It will just have a very specific energy, souls, which will not be universal. Such as Ars Magica 2. :)

PS stands for post script. So pss is post script script and PSS is post script script script. The proper way to do it is pps or ppps

Bahaha that is a lot of pp's <_<... I'm such a child.

Reactions: 1SDAN

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
Similar to the Thauminomicon I assume :)
It has to be book of the damned, with a tooltip saying by Zein, and the NECRONOMINOMICONICOMONIOMNICONICOM by The J, as an easter egg.

Also, the mobs and their deadly sins:
Zombies - Gluttony and Greed
Spiders - Wrath and Lust
Skeletons - Greed and Wrath
Creepers - Envy and Wrath
Blazes - Lust and Wrath
Endermen - Pride and Wrath
Zombie pigmen - Wrath and Wrath

(Yes wrath is meant to be common, as they are evil mobs)

Pig - Gluttony and Greed
Sheep - Gluttony and Envy
Cow - Gluttony and Pride
Bats - Pride and Envy

And the evolutions of each deadly sin:

Gluttony - there was a fancy word for it, sadly I forgot what it was
Pride - Arrogance
Envy - Jealousy
Wrath - Murderous
Greed - Avarice
Lust - lavicious (I cannot remember how it is spelt)
Sloth - Apathy

Last edited:

Zein Eizoku

Jul 29, 2019
I have updated the OP with an earlier suggested mechanic by [user]1SDAN[/user]. I am also working on making the OP look more... better... haha :)

Zein Eizoku

Jul 29, 2019
It has to be book of the damned, with a tooltip saying by Zein, and the NECRONOMINOMICONICOMONIOMNICONICOM by The J, as an easter egg.

Also, the mobs and their deadly sins:
Zombies - Gluttony and Greed
Spiders - Wrath and Lust
Skeletons - Greed and Wrath
Creepers - Envy and Wrath
Blazes - Lust and Wrath
Endermen - Pride and Wrath
Zombie pigmen - Wrath and Wrath

(Yes wrath is meant to be common, as they are evil mobs)

Pig - Gluttony and Greed
Sheep - Gluttony and Envy
Cow - Gluttony and Pride
Bats - Pride and Envy

And the evolutions of each deadly sin:

Gluttony - there was a fancy word for it, sadly I forgot what it was
Pride - Arrogance
Envy - Jealousy
Wrath - Murderous
Greed - Avarice
Lust - lavicious (I cannot remember how it is spelt)
Sloth - Apathy

Haha I just did all that :p go ahead and check the OP :) I we actually were very close in word choice for the Curses/Sins good on ya

Zein Eizoku

Jul 29, 2019
Oops. Oh well, your ideas seem better :D I may have a go at looking at all the combinations for tier three.
haha no need to apologize, I wish I would have woken up and saw your post instead of staying up all night working it out on paper and in Open Office with Wikipedia, Thesaurus.com, Dictionary.com, and Google Translate open. As for Tier 3, go for it hahaha, I am a little burnt out on words and combinations with a proper definition that fits right now. I will probably not post them on the forum, just to keep it a mystery, so it is a little fun.