Zein's Necrology [pre-alpha 0.0.01]

Zein Eizoku

Jul 29, 2019
Okay any Mod or Global mod... helps. I would like to rename this post, it says I have not the permission.

If you get the chance thank you much. Message me with any problems if there are any with this.

Thanks for your time :)

Edit: I apologize, incase the name has changed it could be a Taptalk bug. Because I cannot see it :-\

Last edited:

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
Okay any Mod or Global mod... helps. I would like to rename this post, it says I have not the permission.

If you get the chance thank you much. Message me with any problems if there are any with this.

Thanks for your time :)

Edit: I apologize, incase the name has changed it could be a Taptalk bug. Because I cannot see it :-\
Not Vivas Mortem? NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Reactions: Zein Eizoku

1SDAN

Jul 29, 2019
Just read the main post, and it sounds like it'll be great! I got a few ideas I thought you might like:

• A structure that rips open a hole in the universe, unleashing out a great beast into your world that you must tame.
  • A structure that implants spirits of the dead into mobs, allowing you to summon an evil warlord into a pig's body.
  • An add-on structure to the last one that destroys their minds, leaving only their might. Allowing you to empower yourself or other mobs with the spirits of fallen foes.
  • A Nether Hoe, a tool that allows you to till Soul Sand and plant the remains of the dead, allowing you to grow them. When you pluck them from the ground, they are brought to life
  • Craft remains together to create hybrid creatures
  • A Scythe that harvests the crops, instead of bringing them to life.
That's all I got for now, I hope you liked my ideas. :)

Zein Eizoku

Jul 29, 2019
Just read the main post, and it sounds like it'll be great! I got a few ideas I thought you might like:

• A structure that rips open a hole in the universe, unleashing out a great beast into your world that you must tame.
  • A structure that implants spirits of the dead into mobs, allowing you to summon an evil warlord into a pig's body.
  • An add-on structure to the last one that destroys their minds, leaving only their might. Allowing you to empower yourself or other mobs with the spirits of fallen foes.
  • A Nether Hoe, a tool that allows you to till Soul Sand and plant the remains of the dead, allowing you to grow them. When you pluck them from the ground, they are brought to life
  • Craft remains together to create hybrid creatures
  • A Scythe that harvests the crops, instead of bringing them to life.
That's all I got for now, I hope you liked my ideas. :)

I do like the idea of the structures of summoning. I could use that to try to implement bosses that can give you some high tier items for crafting. I enjoy that idea a lot.

For the hybrid mobs, I am attempting to avoid that since another person has already done that with a necromancy mod. I do not want to be accused of ripping off someone else's idea. I like the idea, but I do not wish to try it just yet. However, I do plan on adding special mobs (like skeletons based on Castlevania: SOTN skeletons) as some Mobs to fight, and others that only the PC can create and control :)

The Scythe is already in the game :) it is going to be similar to the Wand of Thaumcraft or the Crescent Hammer of Thermal Expansion or the Crystal Wrench of Ars Magic 2. It will be a weapon, a tool, and a Key to make most machinations function.

Now as for the Hoe with Soul Sand... I think I could build something off of that idea. I was kind of at a loss for the hoe in creating a Necromancic Artifact for that tool.

Thank you very much for your input and your interest. :)

1SDAN

Jul 29, 2019
Glad to be of service! And I really haven't looked into the other Necromancy mods. But has implanting spirits into other mobs really been done before? Wow, I thought that was kind of original... guess you learn something new every day. Now that's funny though, I couldn't figure out an idea for a scythe but got an idea for a hoe and you had it the other way around! (The scythe suggestion I made was really just a 'first thing that comes to mind thing')

If you want any more ideas, ask away. I visit this place practically every day.

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
How about an armour which is charged by killing things, through one method or another.
So when you first get it, it's uncharged, empty, and provides no armour bonus. But the more things you kill, the higher it gets, and the better the armour bonus is. But then taking damage lowers the bar, making the armour less good.

Zein Eizoku

Jul 29, 2019
Glad to be of service! And I really haven't looked into the other Necromancy mods. But has implanting spirits into other mobs really been done before? Wow, I thought that was kind of original... guess you learn something new every day. Now that's funny though, I couldn't figure out an idea for a scythe but got an idea for a hoe and you had it the other way around! (The scythe suggestion I made was really just a 'first thing that comes to mind thing')

If you want any more ideas, ask away. I visit this place practically every day.

Well I guess I should clarify. I do not now if the soul implanting has been done, however the hybrid mobs has been done before :) but it is okay and I am sure I will talk to everyone periodically asking about thoughts and items to add.

How about an armour which is charged by killing things, through one method or another.
So when you first get it, it's uncharged, empty, and provides no armour bonus. But the more things you kill, the higher it gets, and the better the armour bonus is. But then taking damage lowers the bar, making the armour less good.

Now that is an idea I can go with. If I can figure out a way to code that. I will be sure to implement it. My friend I play COD: Ghost with suggested making these scissors/shears called the Shears of Fate that harvests a special wool that comes from these Necromancic Artifacts, it kills the sheep and drops two of these soul infused wool (working title) to be used for crafting and whatnot.

Not_Steve

Over-Achiever
Oct 11, 2013
And once you hand fully charged the armor it would go back to uncharged and you would get an extra life

Reactions: the_j485

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
Sounds good, but it should take a large amount of deaths to get to that point, killed manually, and the player has to d o all of th r killing, not just let it drop a long way then punch it. Also, it should be optional to do this, for example you could be in a big fight then bang no armour.

Not_Steve

Over-Achiever
Oct 11, 2013
Or it starts that the full set has 3 or 4 shields of armor and every time it levels up it gains another shield.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Sounds good, but it should take a large amount of deaths to get to that point, killed manually, and the player has to d o all of th r killing, not just let it drop a long way then punch it. Also, it should be optional to do this, for example you could be in a big fight then bang no armour.
Perhaps a way to do this is not trigger on mob death, but mob damage, with a little bonus from mob death?

Zein Eizoku

Jul 29, 2019
I am very much so enjoying the ideas and I thank you all for it. I will be sure to reference them in the coming weeks to help build my list of Necromancic Artifacts the players :)

This I do understand I would agree on totally

MY Current hurdle is getting a "Research" system thought out. I love the idea of learning what to make in a progression, but being able to go about it in a path of your choosing. I do not want to use what Azanor has created but I do want to use it as a reference. I have something thought up, something that is akin the they way Thaumcraft research was done before the mini game was implemented.

There is still a lot of things that I have already planned out that I have not mentioned yet in the OP, which will come soon when I have more things built off of them.

Perhaps a way to do this is not trigger on mob death, but mob damage, with a little bonus from mob death?

As for this, again it will have to be something that I have to work out as I learn to code ahaha. If I am lucky once I start this I might be able to ask advice from other Mod Devs as time goes on, we will see I guess :p

1SDAN

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm, adding on the that soul armor idea, maybe you could use soul-charged items for some crafting recipes or as some sort of fuel. You know like you kill a few mobs, do a couple incantations and then bottle up some souls or use them to enchant your favorite sword. Actually, no enchanting. What about instead we call it a curse? And curses could have both good and bad effects for example:

Curse of Insomnia: While wearing armor with this curse, you get insomnia. A debuff that lasts one minecraft day. With insomnia, you cannot sleep. However wearing the armor will make opponents near you drowsy by casting your tiredness on them. They get slowness, have lower accuracy, and will take the shortest path to you regardless of that 2 block pit in the middle of it.

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
Hmm, adding on the that soul armor idea, maybe you could use soul-charged items for some crafting recipes or as some sort of fuel. You know like you kill a few mobs, do a couple incantations and then bottle up some souls or use them to enchant your favorite sword. Actually, no enchanting. What about instead we call it a curse? And curses could have both good and bad effects for example:

Curse of Insomnia: While wearing armor with this curse, you get insomnia. A debuff that lasts one minecraft day. With insomnia, you cannot sleep. However wearing the armor will make opponents near you drowsy by casting your tiredness on them. They get slowness, have lower accuracy, and will take the shortest path to you regardless of that 2 block pit in the middle of it.
That would be very difficult to code, because of AI changes which would be necessary.

Reactions: Padfoote

Zein Eizoku

Jul 29, 2019
That would be very difficult to code, because of AI changes which would be necessary.

I do not know what casing something like that would be like, but making it an AoE of slowness, in a 5 block radius from the player as the center. It could be done like a Splash Potion of Slowness, just no particle effects, or different particle effects?

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
I do not know what casing something like that would be like, but making it an AoE of slowness, in a 5 block radius from the player as the center. It could be done like a Splash Potion of Slowness, just no particle effects, or different particle effects?
I mewnt the bit about them ignoring holes.