Your take on unique ways of generating power (Direwolf20)

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
If you have plenty of stuff you could try the new fusion reactor from reactorcraft apparently it makes 4096 Rf / t from basically just water :) or one of the other reactors like buckeye but that's more dangerous
Kinda, not really. You need HEAVY water, which can be made, yes, but it's not simply plain ol' H20. And that's incorrect, it's closer to 5 million RF/t, but you lose some of it to the refinery and some more if you have to generate heavy water rather then using a natural source, but it's still(IIRC) over 4 million RF/t if you export all the energy profits to RF.

brujon

Jul 29, 2019
It's insane and whenever you manage to build one, it means you have gone way past the endgame... It's also a HECK of a lot of trouble to wire and properly pump out the steam produced, since it gets produced at such high rates and speeds. In order to convert the full power to MJ/RF by using steam i'm picturing a LOT of fluiducts and a LOT of steam dynamos/railcraft industrial steam engines... I have not played much with rotarycraft but that seems like the easiest way of converting between RC power to MJ/RF (Using Steam).

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
It's insane and whenever you manage to build one, it means you have gone way past the endgame... It's also a HECK of a lot of trouble to wire and properly pump out the steam produced, since it gets produced at such high rates and speeds. In order to convert the full power to MJ/RF by using steam i'm picturing a LOT of fluiducts and a LOT of steam dynamos/railcraft industrial steam engines... I have not played much with rotarycraft but that seems like the easiest way of converting between RC power to MJ/RF (Using Steam).
...endgame? BEYOND endgame? Sir, you seem to have a mindset that would render such a device meaningless.

Reactions: Padfoote and brujon

PurpleBomber

Jul 29, 2019
Extra Utilities ender generators seem like a gimme for a base in the End, though I dunno if that's really very unique. Just make an enderman farm of some sort for pearl generation and stack generators as much as you need (80 RF/t per, same as dynamos).

Colensocon1

Jul 29, 2019
4096? Try 4096000.
I'm curious is it meant to be a very end game item?[DOUBLEPOST=1394322238][/DOUBLEPOST]Also while I'm talking to the author I would like to say that for some reason quarry's won't pick up fluorite I have to manually mine it after it just stays in the air :/

Wekmor

Jul 29, 2019
I'm curious is it meant to be a very end game item?[DOUBLEPOST=1394322238][/DOUBLEPOST]Also while I'm talking to the author I would like to say that for some reason quarry's won't pick up fluorite I have to manually mine it after it just stays in the air :/
I think that might actually be a fault on BC's end

kilteroff

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, as far as I know, it contains none of my mods, because it was standardized before I was well-known enough to make it into FTB.

I am beyond excited to see what happens if Dire ever takes a swing at Rotary/Reactorcraft :)

hiroshi42

Jul 29, 2019
hmm, well everyone seems to have covered most of my usual stuff, what with the blood magic shenanigans. The only other weird power setups I go for use factorization solar boilers (a boiler with mirrors around it) to generate steam to power whatever mod I want. I liked this before I got into Blood magic because steam is easily portable and store-able and can power most mods. And the solar aspect eliminated upkeep costs and limited my power use to a smallish baseline and some peaking power plants. Plus I had a ton of silver and like 3 things to use it on.

Reactions: Padfoote

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Should I maintain hope?

my opinion... no. direwolf always says that his mod spotlight list is always so full, and he rarely releases new spotlights, and the spotlights he does release are often from the mods he's playing in his modpack.
and his modpack is usually based about 85% on his previous season's modpack

Jack0928PC

Jul 29, 2019
I rarely even see him, much less communicate with him. I am also afraid of getting pushy.
Its funny too, because he always states that he demos so many new mods that are very early in the ftb lifecycle, almost as if he is boasting, and yet he seems to have slowed down on testing them out completely. However I wouldn't be surprised if for the 1.7 update, he updates the mod list, more than likely picking up reactorcraft.