Your energy sources ?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Oraia

Jul 29, 2019
Hey everybody !

I just wanted to know what kind of power generation do you use . I'm recreating my base and I need a brand new power source, so I thought I could ask some people .

FeedTheBeast is mainly about producing energy and having fun , so let's see how you produce yours !

I'm actually using a Magical Crops farm with an Harvester that produce coal essence, then I put the essence in a Cyclic Assembler that make Coal . Then I pulverize it and put the coal dust in the Magma Crucible . This process gives you Liquifacted Coal, which you can put in a Compression Dynamo to produce 1 000 000 RF for 1000 Mb. Im sure this isn't the best way to power my base, but I'm planning on making a Wither Boss farm, using Shock Panel from Expanded Redstone.

I'm sure you have better ways to produce energy ,let's see :)

Reactions: WuffleFluffy

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
Big Reactors is one of the easiest ways to get lots of power. Not as realistic as ReactorCraft however.

Oraia

Jul 29, 2019
Yep you just connect few mining lasers with yellow filters and you have an infinite power source

bahstrike

Jul 29, 2019
160 diesel generators
235 advanced solar panel
21 ultimate hybrid solar panel

14,552 eu/t. still not enough uu-matter o_O

Wekmor

Jul 29, 2019
EnderIO's Zombie gens. I use 5 at the moment - to power my mob farm (zombie for the rotten flesh and blazes when I need xp) and some power to my quarry.

Reactions: Ritt

Tylor

Nov 24, 2012
MFR's biogens. One mixed crops farm and one mixed treefarm can feed ridiculous amount of bioengines.

madnewmy

Jul 29, 2019
Depends on your needs

Huge needs (1M+) - ReactorCraft
High needs (100k+) - BigReactor or RotaryCraft
Medium needs (10k+) Small BigReactor, 64x Generators
Low needs (1k+) generator/8x generator, dynamo, mechanism solar/wind turbine

Under that use a few dynamo and store in some stuff.

To power generators, tree farm, magical crops, blaze farm, enderman farm, coal from mining

To power the reactors magical crops or awesome mining system

ChatFawkes

Jul 29, 2019
A renewable energy generator (min 80 rf/t) + Mekanism Hydrogen Generator and Electrolytic Seperator will give you a couple hundred rf/t (never checked). It will also give a lot of oxygen and hydrogen gas for use in Mekanism machines and items.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
No Technomancy necessary, since you can use Blood Magic to fuel a ritual to produce lava and feed that into magmatic Dynamo's.

TheMechEngineer

Jul 29, 2019
I played FTB Ultimate for the longest time and enjoyed using biofuel to power my world. It's flexible, renewable and doesn't require a whole lot of infrastructure. It's simple to fuel a Railcraft boiler and make a buttload of MJ's with industrial steam engines.
For my basic EU needs, I made a Tower Of Power and filled it up with as many water mills as possible in a pattern that maximized efficiency, and it fills up a 10,000,000EU MFSU no problem in a couple of hours lol

Solar power is something I used to like, but nowadays I avoid it like the plague because....it's not cheaty, but for me personally imho making a buttload of ultimate solar panels is the easy way out, and personally I reckon that making thousands of EU/t from a single solar panel is just so far from realism it's not funny.
Sounds silly when I say that in light of having a water mill setup that generates millions of EU/t, but put it this way: A 1m^2 solar panel in real life at 100% efficiency (which would be crazy in itself when most solar panels can't even crack 20%) would only generate about 1kW of power. 1kW per hour (kWh) is equal to 3600 Joules. Based on the fact that 9.8 Joules can lift 1kg a distance of 1 metre, and the density of stone is about 25,000kg/m^3, you would need a 100% efficient 1m^2 solar panel to run for 68 hours (2.8 days) to accumulate the power required to lift a block of stone 1 metre in Minecraft. You could beat that 100 fold by mining stone with a wooden pickaxe. Anyway I forgot what point I was making, but you know what I mean....

KhrFreak

Jul 29, 2019
just a note on the mekanism hydrogen generators, apparently in 1.7 they've been nerfed to heck

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
As of lately, I've been using energy as a form of inventory management.

Things that I accumulate a lot of:

- Coal, redstone, saplings, etc. etc.

Redstone can be used in reactant dynamos. Converting saplings into biomass, compression dynamo. Biofuel, reactant dynamo. Coal can be pulverized and magma crucibled into liquifacted coal for extreme energy densities.

I do have a Big Reactor going. If I feel like it I can make a full sized steam boiler. It's just mainly to keep my ME system from flooding with items I don't need. I don't need a huge bank of DSUs, nor do I fill my ME system with multiple 64k cells.

It's an exercise in resource management. =).

Reactions: SolManX