Yogscast on FTB

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Technician

Jul 29, 2019
That's a very precice number. If you truly do believe that ridiculous statement why aren't you on the tekkit forums instead of wasting your time here?

I come to this forum for Biomass and Steam Boiler talk and bases and such as I use a custom modpack. (Best mods over 150 mods.)

Also, I thought you were rather for Tekkit. I thought you were a smarter FTB forumer. I thought wrong.

(Sorry, I actually rather like you from my lurking, but I cannot resist the chance to copy what you said from before.)

Yuka

Jul 29, 2019
So how about them Yogcast people?
I used to watch them a while back, but some of their videos got too gimmicky for my taste, plus I recall there being some problem with the guy that uses the weird dwarf skin and some other guy in a convention, that's about the time I stopped really paying attention to them in general, I may still watch a vid or two, but they're just not my kind of casters/ streamers or whatever it is you wanna call them.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Personally I've never gotten a taste for Yogcast. I've watched a few of there spot light vids but even those spend more time mucking about then properly explaining the mod they are spot lighting.

Diffrent strokes and all that.

bwillb

Jul 29, 2019
...Really?
You don't say "Get back to the topic," you say something that gets people back onto the topic.
Saying that just gets people more off topic!

So, how creepy is the ;) face?
It watches me.
I'm hoping Duncan gives Simon his powersuit when he gets back from vacation. Imagine Simon trying to control that flight...

Zivel

Jul 29, 2019
You're gonna get banned. Why man, why?
Because he is a tekkit player and is raising a valid point....
Me I am just asking, where oh where is the donation page?

I am enjoying the vids out so far, they are a breath of fresh air compared to DW20 as they are still in that new, unknown exploring mode. Watching Sjin go for those fire shards and be happy about them without knowing what they do brings back the pureness of the mods to me, the raw unknown exploration of as sandbox world. Watching him ponder why his themonic fabricator was not working took me back to the many many times I have sat there pulling out my hair on why something very simple is not working :)

Reactions: Mooseman9

Technician

Jul 29, 2019
Because he is a tekkit player and is raising a valid point....
Me I am just asking, where oh where is the donation page?

I am enjoying the vids out so far, they are a breath of fresh air compared to DW20 as they are still in that new, unknown exploring mode. Watching Sjin go for those fire shards and be happy about them without knowing what they do brings back the pureness of the mods to me, the raw unknown exploration of as sandbox world. Watching him ponder why his themonic fabricator was not working took me back to the many many times I have sat there pulling out my hair on why something very simple is not working :)
I meant the pointless rant. I know him, but still, lol.

One thing that bothers me about the Yogscast is that they do EVERYTHING EVER invid. Although, with them they're likely cheating if they're not.

Direwolf20 has a nice balance of Cutting and showing.

Enigmius1

Jul 29, 2019
So how about them Yogcast people?
I used to watch them a while back, but some of their videos got too gimmicky for my taste, plus I recall there being some problem with the guy that uses the weird dwarf skin and some other guy in a convention, that's about the time I stopped really paying attention to them in general, I may still watch a vid or two, but they're just not my kind of casters/ streamers or whatever it is you wanna call them.

The convention problem was something blown directly out of proportion. I don't have a dog in that fight and no need or desire to take sides, but "big misunderstanding" more or less sums it up.

Yogscast cater primarily to the younger audience (ironic despite the abundant profanity) and a niche gamer set. They're eccentric and odd and incredibly successful. They are not indicative of 'British humor' any more so than Russell Brand. I used to enjoy their Tekkit series but to be absolutely honest, I now find their modded Minecraft stuff to be extremely painful to watch. I lost a ton of enthusiasm for Duncan's work when I realized that his wizard tower that was the center of such critical acclaim was copied from plotz.co.uk and that for all the "Don't watch Simon and Lewis to learn stuff, watch Duncan" rabble all over the place, he didn't really know a whole lot. The team are playing modded Minecraft that centers on tools and machines and all that, yet for 95% of the series they were still using unenchanted vanilla tools and armor. (I say unenchanted to counter the inevitable 'people still use enchanted vanilla tools') response. By episode 90 they were finally approaching the point where they could do what I teach people how to do by episode 5 with my first FTB guide series.

Having said that, I'm just being critical based on my tastes. As I said, they're insanely successful at what they do with 4.5+ million youtube subscribers to prove it. I have nothing against them and wish them continued success, but I'm afraid with each new episode these days I'm falling farther and farther out of their niche. Sips is doing some extremely entertaining stuff and I still watch Simon and Lewis regularly, but I've also learned that a lot of their stuff just does not appeal to me.

Technician

Jul 29, 2019
The convention problem was something blown directly out of proportion. I don't have a dog in that fight and no need or desire to take sides, but "big misunderstanding" more or less sums it up.

Yogscast cater primarily to the younger audience (ironic despite the abundant profanity) and a niche gamer set. They're eccentric and odd and incredibly successful. They are not indicative of 'British humor' any more so than Russell Brand. I used to enjoy their Tekkit series but to be absolutely honest, I now find their modded Minecraft stuff to be extremely painful to watch. I lost a ton of enthusiasm for Duncan's work when I realized that his wizard tower that was the center of such critical acclaim was copied from plotz.co.uk and that for all the "Don't watch Simon and Lewis to learn stuff, watch Duncan" rabble all over the place, he didn't really know a whole lot. The team are playing modded Minecraft that centers on tools and machines and all that, yet for 95% of the series they were still using unenchanted vanilla tools and armor. (I say unenchanted to counter the inevitable 'people still use enchanted vanilla tools') response. By episode 90 they were finally approaching the point where they could do what I teach people how to do by episode 5 with my first FTB guide series.

Having said that, I'm just being critical based on my tastes. As I said, they're insanely successful at what they do with 4.5+ million youtube subscribers to prove it. I have nothing against them and wish them continued success, but I'm afraid with each new episode these days I'm falling farther and farther out of their niche. Sips is doing some extremely entertaining stuff and I still watch Simon and Lewis regularly, but I've also learned that a lot of their stuff just does not appeal to me.
I'm about to watch your stuff.

lukeb28

Jul 29, 2019
You're gonna get banned. Why man, why?
If Slowpoke made a completely valid argument in the technic forums that could not be contradicted and was anti-technic (Just an example) and Cheapshot decided that he did not like that he had a good argument the could not be countered well and banned him, what would you do? (This goes to everyone here) If I were in your shoes, I would call Cheapshot on that shit and get banned doing it. If the rules go unbroken then a post should be posted no matter what. I have seen PLENTY of anti-technic slander on the technic forums. What do we do? We have a good debate! Most the time we rip them to shreds but we do it with good arguments and great sarcasm (Whale box!). Nevertheless, we let their posts stand no matter how harming to technic it could be. The only mod edits that happen on the technic forums are for major rule breaking (Piracy, Racism, etc.) but never have I seen a mod edit a post putting Technic down with good arguments.

Technician

Jul 29, 2019
If Slowpoke made a completely valid argument in the technic forums that could not be contradicted and was anti-technic (Just an example) and Cheapshot decided that he did not like that he had a good argument the could not be countered well and banned him, what would you do? (This goes to everyone here) If I were in your shoes, I would call Cheapshot on that shit and get banned doing it. If the rules go unbroken then a post should be posted no matter what. I have seen PLENTY of anti-technic slander on the technic forums. What do we do? We have a good debate! Most the time we rip them to shreds but we do it with good arguments and great sarcasm (Whale box!). Nevertheless, we let their posts stand no matter how harming to technic it could be. The only mod edits that happen on the technic forums are for major rule breaking (Piracy, Racism, etc.) but never have I seen a mod edit a post putting Technic down with good arguments.
Ikr, I'm sure on the Technic forums they don't do it. (Well I'm on there lol.)

Mooseman9

Jul 29, 2019
I don't like where this thread is going. There's too many posts about Technic, and frankly, I don't think anybody cares.

I watch the Yogscast sometimes, and enjoy their series. Sjin and Duncan are the two that I watch the most of, but I find Sips to be the funniest/best member of the cast. What do you think?

Reactions: Yuka

Zivel

Jul 29, 2019
This has been linked across the forums and has proved to be false in some aspects... I would find the sources but honestly dont care enough about the argument to be bothered.

I think Duncan's first parts of his series were great but he is getting a little out of his depth now and a little time of him watching DW20 spotlights and playing around in creative would do his series a wonder.

0NightHawk0

Jul 29, 2019
Stop trolling, your nonsensical drama is going to get this thread locked or get yourself banned from here.

I've long stopped caring about the idiotic rage war between FTB and Tekkit fanboys, it's about as bad as PS3 vs Xbox 360 or Call of Duty vs Battlefield, really, who gives a damn? It's immature and idiotic, it's drama we do NOT need.

Back on Topic:
One thing that really made me curious, and snickering about it, was hos Sjin in his first video, described how all the pipes turned into blocks of sand. I'm wondering, how on earth did you do that? I'm sure it's something about the coding and compatibility issues but still, pipes into sand? That's funny.

Reactions: Yuka

lukeb28

Jul 29, 2019
I don't like where this thread is going. There's too many posts about Technic, and frankly, I don't think anybody cares.

I watch the Yogscast sometimes, and enjoy their series. Sjin and Duncan are the two that I watch the most of, but I find Sips to be the funniest/best member of the cast. What do you think?
I'm liking the other series more now. I'm not saying switching has been the factor, it's just that they started to run out of things to do half way through their Tekkit run. I really like sijn's lets builds and the sim citys from every one.
You're literally jumping at them. Go post a thread about "FTB IS WRUNG" lol.
I am being much more intelligent with my posts than that. Maybe a typo here and there but Im NuT D0iNG CraP PoSt'$. Oops! Where did that come from?
Still, I have pointed out indisputable facts and nothing more. Am I biased? Yes. That's unavoidable. Am I saying that FTB is a Nut? No. I am pointing out facts that the mods like to cover up. The fact that they think Green is threatening enough to hid his posts shows that what he said is likely 100% True.
This has been linked across the forums and has proved to be false in some aspects... .
And where might that be?
Stop trolling, your nonsensical drama is going to get this thread locked or get yourself banned from here.
I was not trolling. I was defending one of my Technic pals. I'm sure you would do the same if it happened to slowpoke. I'm fine with being banned. Not my forums.
However I will not be the one to get one of your threads locked so unless provoked I will stop now.

Status
Not open for further replies.