Yogscast on FTB

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Status
Not open for further replies.

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
I was planning on making a thread that would prepare us on how to answer the barrage of dumb questions that we would get from most Yogsfans.
EDIT: But then I decided against it.

bwillb

Jul 29, 2019
I think it's hilarious that half the posts about the yogscast on here are all "ohh no we're gonna get all the immature kids that ask really stupid questions and are completely rude", given that most of the posts on the yogscast forum are much better than the shit around here lately. You know I saw a thread on there about Tekkit Vs FTB, and you know what? It was completely civil. Not a single person crying about permissions, no one flat out dismissing others' opinions, no "FTB is gayz!", no "tekkit iz illegul!". They simply discussed the differences between the mod offerings in the packs and features of the launchers.

TheLegendaryFoxFire

Jul 29, 2019
I think it's hilarious that half the posts about the yogscast on here are all "ohh no we're gonna get all the immature kids that ask really stupid questions and are completely rude", given that most of the posts on the yogscast forum are much better than the shit around here lately. You know I saw a thread on there about Tekkit Vs FTB, and you know what? It was completely civil. Not a single person crying about permissions, no one flat out dismissing others' opinions, no "FTB is gayz!", no "tekkit iz illegul!". They simply discussed the differences between the mod offerings in the packs and features of the launchers.
I saw that same one.
Everyone here says the new fans will be immature when they themselves are being immature. (Not everyone is. But alot are.)

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
Since I've never watched a Yogscast, I have no bias, though I'd like to know what led so many people to believe this.
I think this thread should be...well...sent through a void pipe, because it would be horrible if the yogscast folks were exposed to such prejudice.

Reactions: Zivel and Zmaster27

0NightHawk0

Jul 29, 2019
Most people who say that the Yogscast fans are childish and immature, most likely never been on the Yogscast forum, at most they derive this from the Youtube community, which is majorly immature and childish in itself (Yes I know there's plenty of good people on there, but so many are just complete idiots) and gain a biased opinion about it.

kolikooo1

Jul 29, 2019
from what i have seen yogscast didnt put anything on the forum that immature fans find fun so thats 1 of the reasons ppl there are more mature than ppl on youtube.
You know I saw a thread on there about Tekkit Vs FTB, and you know what? It was completely civil. Not a single person crying about permissions, no one flat out dismissing others' opinions, no "FTB is gayz!", no "tekkit iz illegul!". They simply discussed the differences between the mod offerings in the packs and features of the launchers.
please give me a link most of the stuff i find there is just related to servers

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
Most people who say that the Yogscast fans are childish and immature, most likely never been on the Yogscast forum, at most they derive this from the Youtube community, which is majorly immature and childish in itself (Yes I know there's plenty of good people on there, but so many are just complete idiots) and gain a biased opinion about it.
I don't really think you can call youtube a community tbh. The way in which comments are implemented on youtube is a sham. When a short 1 line repetition of something that was said in the video can be upvoted to the top of the page, and an in depth, intelligent discussion can be lost in the scroll for all time, something is wrong. The anonymity of youtube is probably more than anywhere else, seeing as how bad trollish comments can be so quickly forgotten about. Youtube doesn't have a community, it just has a clusterfuck of garbage.

Zivel

Jul 29, 2019
I don't really think you can call youtube a community tbh. The way in which comments are implemented on youtube is a sham. When a short 1 line repetition of something that was said in the video can be upvoted to the top of the page, and an in depth, intelligent discussion can be lost in the scroll for all time, something is wrong. The anonymity of youtube is probably more than anywhere else, seeing as how bad trollish comments can be so quickly forgotten about. Youtube doesn't have a community, it just has a clusterfuck of garbage.
So in saying that, we should have no problem. The people complain about the younau(gh)ts but really, they are not the problem as seen from the yogcast forums. The problem are the youtube trolls and they are restricted to youtube because they have anonymity there, they wont have that here. Looking forward to Simon and Lewis' flick, I hope Sips_ comes back, its a bit scary that Sjin is going solo....

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
The problem are the youtube trolls and they are restricted to youtube because they have anonymity there, they wont have that here.
Only time will tell if I'm proved correct or not
a15.gif

bwillb

Jul 29, 2019
And yet these people somehow manage to completely overlook the same type of people that post on Mindcrack or Direwolf youtube videos.[DOUBLEPOST=1362848509][/DOUBLEPOST]
from what i have seen yogscast didnt put anything on the forum that immature fans find fun so thats 1 of the reasons ppl there are more mature than ppl on youtube.

please give me a link most of the stuff i find there is just related to servers
The FTB section is all server posts. look at some other sections, such as the general minecraft.

Reactions: Mooseman9

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
I said that most of the yogsfanbase would come and ask dumb questions. There are quite a few yogsfans who are completely civil and understanding. I hope we get a lot of those.

0NightHawk0

Jul 29, 2019
And yet these people somehow manage to completely overlook the same type of people that post on Mindcrack or Direwolf youtube videos.

Oh aye, both of them suffer from the same idiotic comments on their video's, but the main difference is, there's little bias against DW20 or MindCrack, where as Yogscast is widely disliked apparently. Hence why with the DW20 and MindCrack it gets overlooked, but with the Yogscast it is instantly noticed.

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
I said that most of the yogsfanbase would come and ask dumb questions. There are quite a few yogsfans who are completely civil and understanding. I hope we get a lot of those.
They way you use a generalized stereotypical statement makes it seem like everyone. I see a lot of dumb questions here too! I'm happy with more people playing FTB. If 10 people play FTB, then there's not much of a reason for people to do all the work they do to make the mod pack possible. But if 100 people play FTB, the staff will have more feedback, will be able to make the modpack as a whole better, and it can augment the community. If they do ask dumb questions (of which I believe they will not), they can go into the "Simple Questions and Answers" thread, which really deserves a sticky (in addition to Veloctian's ultimate config pack).
You say there are quite a few yogsfans who are completely civil and understanding, yet you are not acting like that.

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
You're right. I really do have to scan my posts before I release them. We do need more people on FTB, which is what this thread comes to on almost every page. Rants, then arguments, then conclusion that we need more people on FTB and that we can deal with whoever does end up being immature, which according to you guys (and I do believe you) is a small population of the Yogsfanbase.[DOUBLEPOST=1362855275][/DOUBLEPOST]Edit: A very Small Population.

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
I have no bias for or against yogscast, I've never watched them, never read a youtube comment, and never went onto their forums.
But I am familiar with youtube, and everyone's going to get those odd comments. If this whole community switched to Tekkit, I think there would be some dumb questions "WHEUR IS BARRUELS".

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
For those people who don't really know that much about Tekkit, yes, questions like that will pop up. But obviously, that will never happen unless FTB fails. Look at all the mods FTB has and Tekkit doesn't. Compare. Then choose.

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
Well...yeah...but that wasn't my point, my point was entering multimod minecraft is difficult, I used to Tekkit and the first time I went underground in FTB I was scared outta my mind of how many ores I'd have to learn about.

But the questions will pop up both ways, so nobody can really blame the Yogscasters if they ask some dumb questions, like "what happened to the macerator?" which was my first question.

Status
Not open for further replies.