Yogscast on FTB

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Status
Not open for further replies.

RetroGamer1224

Jul 29, 2019
It is also turning off creeper griefing, playing on easy, and other things that turn people off to Yogscast. I see reasons for it as a lot of the buildings are nicely done so a creeper taking a chunk out of hard work would have to be done off camera or edited out so why not just remove that chance in the first place.

I also think they troll by staying low on hunger and keeping their inventory cluttered.

WatcherInTheShadows

Jul 29, 2019
Perhaps the trick would be to have this as a secret forum, perhaps with secret handshakes and secret greetings (something along the lines of "I am not Dave!" -oops just revealed I listen to the Yogpod :p), and then have a Yogscast FTB Community.

That's a joke by the way... I can't really see the Yogscast having a bad effect on this community, given good moderation (which we have) then the influx could be easily managed. Though maybe it should be held off for a while, at least until all the base packs are released otherwise we would see an increase in posts along the lines of "When is the ultimate pack being released?" and "When is the Beta pack being updated?" etc, etc,

Just my opinion :)

Chalk it up to classic human "Us! Yay!", "Them! Boo!" elitist bs....

bwillb

Jul 29, 2019
Some? Before the Yogscast video nobody knew what Tekkit was.
Indeed. Which was exactly how the Tekkit team wanted it. Maybe it can go back to being a really good obscure pack instead of being neutered by ridiculous demands and malicious modders in the public eye.

Reactions: Mooseman9

GreenWolf13

Jul 29, 2019
Some? Before the Yogscast video nobody knew what Tekkit was.
*Technic

Technic and Tekkit are two (actually three if you count Tekkit Classic and Tekkit Lite as seperate packs) different packs. Technic has also been discontinued, due to the merging of SMP and SSP. Basically, Tekkit and Technic have been merged and rebranded under a different name. And even if people stop using the packs, the new Platform and Launcher are going to attract at least a few people.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Indeed, it was only via the Yogs that I learnt about modded minecraft.

Bit OT, but what is adding that Mob highlight to the top left? (The circle and silver dragon) It looks like the exact same texture as the one used in World of Warcraft, which is a serious copyright infringement, plus, Minecraft is not World of Warcraft, we don't need that rubbish here.

bwillb

Jul 29, 2019

Bit OT, but what is adding that Mob highlight to the top left? (The circle and silver dragon) It looks like the exact same texture as the one used in World of Warcraft, which is a serious copyright infringement, plus, Minecraft is not World of Warcraft, we don't need that rubbish here.
Not sure of the exact mod, but... If you're worried about copyright infringement, you might want to take a loot at the PortalGun mod. Actually uses full music tracks ripped directly from Portal and Portal 2.

OmegaPython

Jul 29, 2019

That would be the DamageIndicators mod, and I think that is the old texture, which has been changed, so don't worry about the copyright infringement. And anyway, just go look at PortalGun. A lot worse.

Zivel

Jul 29, 2019
Copyrighting WoW... jebus those modders have nothing to be worried about!

I am still waiting till Lewis and Simon hit it, then it will be on. Both Sjin and Duncan put together dont have the popularity of those boys and then we will see how much the fanbois bring.

0NightHawk0

Jul 29, 2019
Funny how a WoW texture gets mentioned at Copyright Infringement when no one batted an eye at Portal/GravityGun.

Back OT, Farming really was not the first thing I expected Sjin to get into, he always struck me more as a tech guy with great architect skills which both were shown when he build that oil platform.

Then again....he and Duncan have a series about a Farming Simulator....

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
Funny how a WoW texture gets mentioned at Copyright Infringement when no one batted an eye at Portal/GravityGun.

I doubt Valve cares much about someone creating a mod that's basically a tribute to one of their games. That's like saying that I can't make a mod with a crowbar as one of the main weapons :)

Copyrights don't cover ideas like the gravity gun and stuff by the way, it only covers stuff like the software, textures, music, etc. "Ideas" are covered by patents and I am pretty sure that Valve didn't bother to try and patent a gravity gun in game, although some patent trolls might have.

Reactions: Confidential1207

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Well, I've never used (as in, mods are disabled) portal gun and gravity gun, so don't totally know what else the provides along with the guns/portals, hence why not mentioned.

Indeed, odd move for Sjin, but will still be good to see what he builds. Seems he also has an interest in TC3, even though he hasn't clue what he is talking about. I expect to see golem farm workers at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.