Yogscast on FTB

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Status
Not open for further replies.

bwillb

Jul 29, 2019
Who said they lose money from hosting? are they claiming this?
Yes their developers have said this in the past. It's also pretty obvious that they would, they have very little advertising and don't take donations, yet host a LOT of data.

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
As said, the Technic team have always been losing tons of money daily keeping the site active. Fortunately, they have actual jobs to cover the costs. They're absolutely not making anything off the Technic Platform though.

canilsen

Jul 29, 2019
so looking at that video, there's no twilight forest, and I didn't see any XY ores around in that new chunk he went to.

Rob

Jul 29, 2019
The map is VoxelMap, which was based off Zan's minimap I believe but don't quote me on that.

Lord.of.life

Jul 29, 2019
So from the little info so far, their pack is made and maintained internally, meaning it won't be available for the general public. Right?

Mobott

Jul 29, 2019
I wondering why they changed from Tekkit in the first place - maybe they got tired of it being stagnant? I also wonder if they are going to start using Voltz/Universal Electricity through the FTB launcher (aren't they the same modpack, just different names?).

bwillb

Jul 29, 2019
I wondering why they changed from Tekkit in the first place - maybe they got tired of it being stagnant? I also wonder if they are going to start using Voltz/Universal Electricity through the FTB launcher (aren't they the same modpack, just different names?).
Who's to say they're not already? Actually I don't think Voltz is going to last too much longer. It seems more like an interim series.

PCPuddin

Jul 29, 2019
Duncan's uploaded the first of their ftb mod pack videos.... man the canons men , the yognaughts are coming!!! ;) (this should be interesting)

0NightHawk0

Jul 29, 2019
Ugh. Ask if they have permission.
do you honestly think the FTB team would let them make their own custom pack without permissions?

Also people, who cares whether Tekkit dies or not, people shouldn't even bother about that. All you're doing is continuing the hate/flame war which is completely pointless.

I need to watch Duncan's vid still, did not actually expect him to be the first one with this. I sooner expected Sjin or Rythian to switch over first...not that I am complaining though, I for one welcome them to the FTB community.

Reactions: knight4linux

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
I'm reading some YouTube comments on Duncan's new video. Some choice quotes in the spoilers.

What's feed the beast?

Add EE back in or I will HANG someone.

You just losed one sub F*** you

I like plain tekkit better, why rock the boat, if it's already good?

DOES THIS MEAN EVERYONE IS STILL DOING TEKKIT? OR WHATVER? :D

what happened to your flying ring and other armer

I'm kind of sad that that this isn't normal tekkit any more but it's kind of better for Duncan...

Ha [their] tekkit [series] isn't over.

...Oh dear. XD

Of course this isn't the majority by any means and it's YouTube comments, but it looks like the Yogscast will have an image problem transitioning to FTB within their own fanbase, let alone anything else!

OmegaPython

Jul 29, 2019
I'm reading some YouTube comments on Duncan's new video. Some choice quotes in the spoilers.

...Oh dear. XD

Of course this isn't the majority by any means and it's YouTube comments, but it looks like the Yogscast will have an image problem transitioning to FTB within their own fanbase, let alone anything else!
I think the problem with their fanbase is that they don't think, they just blindly say things. Although, Duncan, PLEASE link FTB in the description! I doubt their pack does not have EE3, and we know that dark matter is coming back for certain. Along with Reliquary and Thaumcraft, they have some very high-powered magical items.

Status
Not open for further replies.