Yogscast on FTB

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Djharts

Jul 29, 2019
If I'm not mistaken The Yogscast were sorta sponsored with Tekkit. I'm surprised any of them are playing FTB. I honestly could care less, they can play whatever they want.

bwillb

Jul 29, 2019
My guess is Rei's Minimap with custom textures, possibly from Rei's Minimap's BDCraft patch that I could never install correctly?
Its more than textures, it's got like beacons or some shit, a completely different menu, and a much more functional cave map...

knight4linux

Jul 29, 2019
Just did a quickie google search & I believe that minimap is Zan's minimap. I have to say it looks pretty neat. I'm certainly going to be taking a look at that to try it out.

nobody647

Jul 29, 2019
Its more than textures, it's got like beacons or some shit, a completely different menu, and a much more functional cave map...
I'm not sure, but I think that is Voxel Minimap. I have heard of it; however I have never seen it being used.
EDIT: Nevermind, a quick Google search revealed that it most likely is Zan's Minimap

Whovian

Jul 29, 2019
Just did a quickie google search & I believe that minimap is Zan's minimap. I have to say it looks pretty neat. I'm certainly going to be taking a look at that to try it out.

The only link I could find to Zan's Minimap was for b1.8.1. I'll see if it was the Voxel Minimap.

EDIT: It seems the only Voxel Minimap I could find was a port of Rei's to the Voxel API.

bwillb

Jul 29, 2019
Yep definitely Zan's, thanks. Looks like its home is on planetminecraft, which is down at the moment.

Whovian

Jul 29, 2019
Beaten by about 4 people, though I did download Zan's and can confirm that that was Zan's.

ajj

Jul 29, 2019
the yogscast doing ftb is the final nail in the coffin for tekkit/technic (meaning tekkit/technic will die)

Reactions: Pokefenn

CrazyAL

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah Duncan is starting FTB, guess they are all going to switch over. I don't get why they kept the old tekkit world and series, is it viewers that are attached to it or them? plus they have to load new chunks for the new ores, what a pain. I know I prefer fresh start, not punch trees but go with a new base with some basics and move from there with a whole new series.

knight4linux

Jul 29, 2019
Why would it die? They lose money on it from hosting costs, so I'm not sure how being a bit less popular would kill it.
Was just about to reply with almost the same thing. ;)

And just as a side note to keep this thread at its current maturity level (which so far I'm impressed by) , personal feelings about what modpack the Yogscast used to use should be locked away before proceeding to the keyboard. Sharing of new ideas is always a good thing. :D

Reactions: Mooseman9
Status
Not open for further replies.