Yogscast on FTB

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Status
Not open for further replies.

RetroGamer1224

Jul 29, 2019
Let us not forget the issues with Tinman and Peva. In my opinion, on solely my opinion, that the complete stop of the Shadow of Israphel series is because of Tinman not being with Yogscast anymore. Peva has some to do with it but he seemed more like a background, not a slight to him, then a full on cast member. Tinman though was a strong part of the story and after he left..well that whole line had to be dropped.

FausticSun

Jul 29, 2019
Let us not forget the issues with Tinman and Peva. In my opinion, on solely my opinion, that the complete stop of the Shadow of Israphel series is because of Tinman not being with Yogscast anymore. Peva has some to do with it but he seemed more like a background, not a slight to him, then a full on cast member. Tinman though was a strong part of the story and after he left..well that whole line had to be dropped.
I feel that's more of an internal business conflict so I didn't mention it, people who dramatized it were just looking for more ammunition to use against the Yogscast. There are a lot of things we don't know about this conflict and its best if we don't get involved in it.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
They are indeed a bunch of people making videos. It's just that they were involved in a whole lot of drama with the promotion of the Technic Pack when it first started with no permissions from the modders. Even though Technic has gotten permissions now and most modders are cool with it people still hate it due to its past and refuse to see past their blind hatred. And thus they think Yogscast are in the wrong for promoting this mod pack.

That is for this context of FTB and modpacks anyway, pretty sure other reasons people took a strong stand against either side of the Yogscast is their strong personality (you either like them or hate them) and the Minecon 2011 debacle where people think Yogscast was in the wrong there too.

Alrighty, so the drama bit is the childishness against Technic, which is something that seems fairly moronically-conditioned into a lot of people on this forum, and there is nothing really deeper than that. Thank you!

RetroGamer1224

Jul 29, 2019
True enough. I only brought it up because, to me, it was made them jump onto a Tekkit storyline. Xephos and Honeydew were never in the original tekkit world so in a way they are the odd pair out in the story line.

Reactions: kolikooo1

PCPuddin

Jul 29, 2019
If the yogscast were to start ftb I feel they should set up a feed the beast querys section on their own site and advise all their fans to go there if they help so they don't bog down these forums (of course with the ftb moderators permission) :)

RetroGamer1224

Jul 29, 2019
That would depend on Minty and whom ever is forum mod there. But that is a darn good idea. I don't think my job allows me to go to their website but I can log in later there and put in that idea on the forum.

OmegaPython

Jul 29, 2019
If the yogscast were to start ftb I feel they should set up a feed the beast querys section on their own site and advise all their fans to go there of they help so they don't bog down these forums (of course with the ftb moderators permission) :)
I don't think this should happen. Any Yogscast fan has a right to be on these forums (assuming they follow the rules), and I don't think the Yogscast really have time to answer the thousands of queries they get.

EDIT: Just had a look at the Yogscast forum - they have a Tekkit section over there right now.

bwillb

Jul 29, 2019
If the yogscast were to start ftb I feel they should set up a feed the beast querys section on their own site and advise all their fans to go there if they help so they don't bog down these forums (of course with the ftb moderators permission) :)
They've already got help sections. The problem is that their forum software and layout suck.

PCPuddin

Jul 29, 2019
oh I totally agree they have that they have a right to be here but it might lessen the load on this forum and the yogscast could get members of their fan base to help out the "starters"[DOUBLEPOST=1361991390][/DOUBLEPOST]
They've already got help sections. The problem is that their forum software and layout suck.
I mean a special ftb help section of the forum

RetroGamer1224

Jul 29, 2019
Thinking about it more what I am most excited about is seeing what Sjin can build using stuff like red rock and all the different types of trees (we can finally have true magohany floors and doors!).

Ookami5875

Jul 29, 2019
Thinking about it more what I am most excited about is seeing what Sjin can build using stuff like red rock and all the different types of trees (we can finally have true magohany floors and doors!).
Mahogany... (Sorry saw you in a previous thread liking DBZ so had to reference Abridged.)

On topic, I really don't see there to be a problem with the Yogscast converting to FTB other than an influx of players. It might get annoying at times with constant help threads that have questions that have been answered twenty times before, but other than that I think it would be fine and interesting. More people = more ideas.

Reactions: Guswut

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
if they come, the FTB developers should show them what mods can they implement in a pack, the yogscast choose what mods do they want and do a public pack, as simple as that.

RetroGamer1224

Jul 29, 2019
There is a nice side topic. What mods do you think the 'Cast would jump into? I figure the usual stand of IC2, BC, CC, and RP2 but anyone else think they would get into different things? Like not take EE3 and only use TC? Not use Railcraft and only use Steve's Carts? Thoughts?

bwillb

Jul 29, 2019
There is a nice side topic. What mods do you think the 'Cast would jump into? I figure the usual stand of IC2, BC, CC, and RP2 but anyone else think they would get into different things? Like not take EE3 and only use TC? Not use Railcraft and only use Steve's Carts? Thoughts?
Probably some custom mods like Jaffa Cakes and Israphel.

RetroGamer1224

Jul 29, 2019
LOL. I don't think they are touching Israphel any more. Jaffa cakes sure but that would be pointless as Duncan retextures everything.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Direwolf20 with non-hard mode GregTech added in? That is one thing I miss in the DW20 pack, the greater deal of flexibility GregTech introduces.

Reactions: PCPuddin
Status
Not open for further replies.