XyCraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

bad wolf

Jul 29, 2019
the liquid "disappears until a complete tank is established again (but it will get disintigrated if you break the bottom most center block)

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
Cause, technically you could move entire tanks except up. Maybe a turtle program could make moving thousands of buckets a few hundred blocks not all that bad? It'd make a 9x9 tank, then remove some blocks, then replace them, and it'd just keep going.

NTaylor

Jul 29, 2019
Cause, technically you could move entire tanks except up. Maybe a turtle program could make moving thousands of buckets a few hundred blocks not all that bad? It'd make a 9x9 tank, then remove some blocks, then replace them, and it'd just keep going.

Or just make a liquid tesseract or an ender tank and do the same thing a lot quicker hell the ammount of resources to make the 9x9 railcraft tanks to transfer it between you could probably easily collect in a fraction of the time it would take to move a whole tank more than a few blocks across.

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
Or just make a liquid tesseract or an ender tank and do the same thing a lot quicker hell the ammount of resources to make the 9x9 railcraft tanks to transfer it between you could probably easily collect in a fraction of the time it would take to move a whole tank more than a few blocks across.
*yawns*

I guess you could do that.

Mikey_R

Jul 29, 2019

You can't do that though.

As long as that bottom centre block stays the bottom centre of the new tank, you won't lose any liquid. So, by breaking the tank and moving the sides you effectively change which is the middle block. The original block loses the liquid data (as it is now a different part of the tank) and the new centre has no liquid data, so you end up with an empty tank and no way to get your liquid back.

Whovian

Jul 29, 2019
When you're upgrading a Railcraft tank, where does it go I mean. Don't you get to keep the liquid if you want to upgrade the size?

So long as the bottom centre block remains the bottom centre block and doesn't get destroyed.

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
So if i want to turn a 5x5 into a 7x7, i'd have to keep that center block as the middle? If I extended 2 north and 2 east, it wouldn't work, I'd have to extend 1 north, 1 east, 1 west, and 1 south?

Mikey_R

Jul 29, 2019
I think they are on about moving the bottom middle block and seeing if, when you recreate the tank around it in a different place, whether the liquid will still be there. I honestly don't know as I don't use portal gun and I don't know how it treats the object you are holding and whether it would keep the meta data needed.

ApSciLiara

Jul 29, 2019
I think they are on about moving the bottom middle block and seeing if, when you recreate the tank around it in a different place, whether the liquid will still be there. I honestly don't know as I don't use portal gun and I don't know how it treats the object you are holding and whether it would keep the meta data needed.
Yes, she was on about moving the bottom middle block. :p

Hey... I have an idea. Let's TEST. I'll get the Test Chamber ready!

EDIT: Turns out you can't move the necessary blocks with a portal gun OR a gravity gun...

ApSciLiara

Jul 29, 2019
After another round of Testing, it turns out that frames do NOT allow you to move around the iron tank's data block without losing all the liquid stored on it.

NTaylor

Jul 29, 2019
After another round of Testing, it turns out that frames do NOT allow you to move around the iron tank's data block without losing all the liquid stored on it.

Hmm now I wanna test this with Xycraft tanks hmm could allow you to turn an 'Infinite' lava pump from the nether into an infinite lava pump from the nether.

ApSciLiara

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm now I wanna test this with Xycraft tanks hmm could allow you to turn an 'Infinite' lava pump from the nether into an infinite lava pump from the nether.
God dammit! I can only do so much in a day. Maybe when the DW20 pack updates to include XyCraft tanks, I'll test it. But until then, I'd much rather not update manually for fear of screwing something up majorly.

NTaylor

Jul 29, 2019
God dammit! I can only do so much in a day. Maybe when the DW20 pack updates to include XyCraft tanks, I'll test it. But until then, I'd much rather not update manually for fear of screwing something up majorly.

Ive already got it in so im gonna test it later.

Edit: From what I can see it does work with Xycraft ones though the tank needs to be initialised again after each move.

ApSciLiara

Jul 29, 2019
Ive already got it in so im gonna test it later.

Edit: From what I can see it does work with Xycraft ones though the tank needs to be initialised again after each move.
HAHA. That's great! Thanks for testing that for me. Now for a few practical uses...
LIARA AWAY. -flies off into the sunset-

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
I wish I could test this stuff out for you guys, my computer doesn't like...to work and therefore I can not get up a singleplayer world :p

Status
Not open for further replies.