XyCraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

ApSciLiara

Jul 29, 2019
Dude, we've already tested all our past questions. What do you think the last page or so of posting was? Although we appreciate the enthusiasm!

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
*Could have, I guess
So how do people store liquids on frames? I guess I'd use liquid tesseracts on a seperate tank.

NTaylor

Jul 29, 2019
*Could have, I guess
So how do people store liquids on frames? I guess I'd use liquid tesseracts on a seperate tank.

Well to actually store it on the frames its just put a xy craft tank on the frames, the problem is that you have to re activate the multiblock structure each time you move it. Yes a liquid tesseract is better for the job but Xycraft tanks cost a few bits of Xychorium and some cobble at minimum while a tesseract needs several enderpearls and several other things.

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
So what if you don't reactivate it every time you move it, just when you need to use it?
Say I'm in a frame ship and I travel 40 blocks. Do I have to "activate" it every block? Or can I leave it and let it move for 40 blocks and then think "Hmm, I need some lava!" and activate it there and let it work.

NTaylor

Jul 29, 2019
So what if you don't reactivate it every time you move it, just when you need to use it?
Say I'm in a frame ship and I travel 40 blocks. Do I have to "activate" it every block? Or can I leave it and let it move for 40 blocks and then think "Hmm, I need some lava!" and activate it there and let it work.

As far as I can tell you can move it as far as you want before reinitialising the tank however im not sure if there is a time limit between it moving and needing to reactivate before losing the liquid.

H2Ocrazykilla

Jul 29, 2019
i have a question real quick im playing on the lastest Direwolf20 modpack verison 5.2.0 and the fabricator and the machines in Xycraft are in here but currently for me have no Textures. And at first i thought it was because my texture pack so i switched back to default 16x16 and still Xycraft Fabricators,Valves,Xycraft water,ice,and lava i think is the last one. Ive tried downloading the lastest Xycraft version and installing it manually into the pack and still the blocks are in the game but no textures even with Default 16x16. If someone has a solution for it or can tell me whats up with that id really appreiciate it! Thanks

Lonewolf187

Jul 29, 2019
If you plant an IC2 rubber tree on a Xycraft soil block, does it increase the spawn rate of the rubber nodes on the trees?

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, that's a good question. I doubt it, but you could test it out. The leaves don't even need to be attached to the blocks, and you can gravity gun them away from the base, so I'd say no.

BeastFeeder

Jul 29, 2019
Is this thread the best place to propose possible additions to XyCraft? If there is a better place, can someone please point me there?

My idea is to add a NON OP tree cutting mechanic that would work like timber or treecacpacitor, but would have a cost so it's not so overpowered. Instead of the trees falling no matter what breaks them, maybe it would only happen when using a specific tool made from steel or something. Such as a special saw with teeth that wear out or need to be resharpened.

I'm not a modder or a programmer but I think that something like this just makes sense and judging by everything XyCraft is now including this may be a good addition.

NTaylor

Jul 29, 2019
Is this thread the best place to propose possible additions to XyCraft? If there is a better place, can someone please point me there?

My idea is to add a NON OP tree cutting mechanic that would work like timber or treecacpacitor, but would have a cost so it's not so overpowered. Instead of the trees falling no matter what breaks them, maybe it would only happen when using a specific tool made from steel or something. Such as a special saw with teeth that wear out or need to be resharpened.

I'm not a modder or a programmer but I think that something like this just makes sense and judging by everything XyCraft is now including this may be a good addition.

TBH that is not really necessary as with some of the later versions of treecapitator it damages an axe to treecapitate a tree more than cutting a single block repeatedly for the whole tree so power tools like the IC2 chainsaw with treecapitator on end up using a lot of power kind of balancing it.

BeastFeeder

Jul 29, 2019
TBH that is not really necessary as with some of the later versions of treecapitator it damages an axe to treecapitate a tree more than cutting a single block repeatedly for the whole tree so power tools like the IC2 chainsaw with treecapitator on end up using a lot of power kind of balancing it.

But, Treecapacitor has been deemed OP. If someone wants a mod in FTB for trees to fall on their own without being overpowered something else IS necessary.

NTaylor

Jul 29, 2019
But, Treecapacitor has been deemed OP. If someone wants a mod in FTB for trees to fall on their own without being overpowered something else IS necessary.

Or just Treecapitator with a modified config so its set up in such a way that it is not considered OP simply useful.

brujon

Jul 29, 2019
Many people consider Treecapitator to be OP, and, for example, Thaumcraft already adds a similar functionality in the Axe of the Stream. It cuts from the top down and floats the blocks down to you, with a very cool animation to boot. Costs Vis to operate, and in addition, damages the axe faster than cutting it one by one. A pretty balanced mid-game item, that really makes your life a whole lot easier. Turtles can be used to automate tree cutting, although they won't work with RP2 Rubber Trees, Jungle Trees, and mostly any kind of weird shape trees, only 1x1 and 2x2 with no branches. IC2 could add this functionality to the Advanced Chainsaw, though. I think it would be pretty neat and fitting. There's no real advantage in crafting one right now, you simply do not need to cut wood down that often, there are like, a hundred ways of automating wood collection. It's a late game enough item that it wouldn't break anything.

Now there are two kinds of blocks i'd like to see added in Xycraft. The first, is a block that only damages Mobs that step in it, and the other is a block that doesn't let mobs go near it, repelling the mob. I think it's kind of fitting, that you should be able to upgrade the normally non-mob spawning xychorium bricks into upgraded versions that not only do not let mobs spawn on them, also repel and can even damage mobs. Very useful for building mob traps as well, meshing really well with soul shard's Soul Cages. I think that it fits, thematically, really well with the mod overall.

This is my 2cents. :D

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
Not to be rude, but what do you think the theme is? I can kinda say a theme for most other mods, except things like RP2, which add both magic and technology, which is more of an "everything" mod. Xycraft doesn't seem much like the tech BC and IC uses, yet it's not very magical like TC or SS. If it were a mod that just oozed of compatibility, that would be really cool, as my belief is that a multi-mod setting is supposed to promote integration of the mods, instead of having them all be separate, which is most of the modpack today, except things like MPS, UE, and PowerConverters. Even Railcraft's steam is integration, as well as using SC and TC to farm the items for it, or Forestry.

Summit

Jul 29, 2019
Eee gods man! Don't give Soaryn anymore ideas. Let him get his mod finished first, then you can start suggesting new stuff. Haven't you seen the teasers for his energy net? I'm interested to see that all up and running and the IC2/TE duplicating machines to go along with it. The last thing we need is to send him off on some wild tangent to give us mob repulsing blocks or mob attracting blocks and delay the energy net even longer. We've been stuck with way too much world gen with nothing to do with it for months already.

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
Oh yea, those lasers are worrying me because of how annoying they look, they look cool now, but they could get annoying eventually, and the lag they look like they'll cause. And the whole "ANOTHER energy system" argument, lots of people get annoyed by the multitude of energies. Bluletricity seems like it's the best one if the others were to go, but IC2 is so noob-proof and everything uses Buildcraft. Can't say much about FZ though. And now Xy? People may not like the lack of realism laser energy possesses, and it's just another one.

People are sure not gonna like the fabricator as much if my assumptions of it being run on this energy are correct.

Summit

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, but the fabricator is a bit OP right now. That thing should require some power to do what it does. I would like to see a universal power system bring all the mods together, but I think Better Than Wolves will become Forge compatible before that happens.

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
There's Universal Electricity :p
And PowerConverters.
Alternatively, people use Hydrogen cells in a steam engine for EU->MJ, and Steam Turbines for Steam->EU. Lava can be back and fourth, and there's an electrical engine that produces MJ from EU.

WTFFFS

Jul 29, 2019
Not to be rude, but what do you think the theme is? I can kinda say a theme for most other mods, except things like RP2, which add both magic and technology, which is more of an "everything" mod. Xycraft doesn't seem much like the tech BC and IC uses, yet it's not very magical like TC or SS. If it were a mod that just oozed of compatibility, that would be really cool, as my belief is that a multi-mod setting is supposed to promote integration of the mods, instead of having them all be separate, which is most of the modpack today, except things like MPS, UE, and PowerConverters. Even Railcraft's steam is integration, as well as using SC and TC to farm the items for it, or Forestry.
The theme is ultra hightech past IC2 levels into the far future realm style, I read somewhere that the fiction\background method for powering his multitool is nanotech, the tanks are an energyfield surrounding common blocks and the energynet itself is lasers an shit, so yeah far future manga style tech.

Status
Not open for further replies.