XyCraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
That's just it, in the automated system, you don't. You don't have to craft the packets, you don't have to craft the item, the computer can do all of it.

If you automated it using logistics pipes, you'd have to put it in the tables (craft it once) and then request it ... so you still have to craft it once.

In theory you could get a copy of a craft packet program already made with every item in the game in it.
That doesn't address my question: How does it do this? All you are doing is putting in a CraftPacket Maker and replacing an automatic crafting table with a CraftPacket Stamper. Why not just skip the step and be done with it?

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Did either of you actually watch the video?
Which one? There hasn't been a video linked in three pages in this thread.

If you are referring to the previous season's DW20 video which used a Sortron, a couple of Managers, and a whole manual sub-combine system? Yes, yes I did. If you are referring to the one in the other thread, the guy used a bunch of GregTech Electric Crafting Tables which are simply made of fail.

Jugg3rV

Jul 29, 2019
Would it be hard to make the ores and blocks configurable to switch their glow of and on? I kind of dont like this disco feever i get everytime i go m,ining into new areas ... :)

Reactions: Yuka

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
I, personally, like the glow the ores have. It breaks up the dull monotony of caves and such, and they can serve as useful navigation references if you somehow run out of torches.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
You could get a texture pack that changes ore to be non-glow, since it's a glowing texture with an overlayed texture with a hole in it for the shape. I used this method to turn the aluminum ore into a normal non-glow ore.

Antivyris

Jul 29, 2019
That doesn't address my question: How does it do this? All you are doing is putting in a CraftPacket Maker and replacing an automatic crafting table with a CraftPacket Stamper. Why not just skip the step and be done with it?

Maybe I can better clear this up. A properly made craft-packet factory can sometimes be a godsend, and here is why. If it's all setup properly, I can go to my trusty CC computer and prompt it 'Cost Pulverizer'. Now, it will go out and check my inventory system and return either 'Have Mats On-hand' or 'Need X, Y, X'. Okay, lets say I need the 2 gold. Drop two gold in my 'To Inventory' chest. Now, where it gets complicated is wierd shaped recipes. My machine for my TE machines is called 'HouseBlock' since it's missing the top left and top right ticks. But, now I can walk up, type 'MakeMeA Pulverizer', and shortly a pulverizer will in the chest to my left.

Instantly? No, takes about 15-30 seconds. So, why is that useful? On a server, I typically like to plan things out ahead of time, so if I have a project that say I need 12 battery boxes, 100 frames, and 10 frame engines, four windmills, that's very, very annoying to do by hand. Now, I can just plop in the cost program, drop in the mats, and run the maker program. By next morning, all done. Insane amount of code to setup? Yeah. Doable with anything other than craft packing machines? Sadly, not really. Maybe turtles, but a ton of crafty turtles can be hard to manage when I can just keep a single program on a single CC comp to do it all.

Vegoraptor

Jul 29, 2019
You could get a texture pack that changes ore to be non-glow, since it's a glowing texture with an overlayed texture with a hole in it for the shape. I used this method to turn the aluminum ore into a normal non-glow ore.
Even if you did that, there are a few issues, i.e. the non-glowing block and the overlay overlapping, especially when seen from a further distance. The only solution I see at his point is to decrease the space the overlay takes, so there are clear borders. However, this would result in a kind of embossed-ish look.....

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Even if you did that, there are a few issues, i.e. the non-glowing block and the overlay overlapping, especially when seen from a further distance. The only solution I see at his point is to decrease the space the overlay takes, so there are clear borders. However, this would result in a kind of embossed-ish look.....
True, although I believe that's just an Optifine issue? So a 16x texture pack would be fine.

I get that problem you mention on my alumnium, since I adjusted the XY ore shape and hole to match exactly, just means I see a flickering ghost on the Alumnium. Still, only 1 ore then out of 6(7/) has this problem instead of them all, which is a big improvement.

Vegoraptor

Jul 29, 2019
I do not use Optifine, and you are right, it is almost always the aluminum, maybe because its glowlayer got not as much attention as the others. However, in rare occasions there is also flickering with the other ores.

Auchioane

Jul 29, 2019
I have been watching DW20's latest SMP play through and the creation of the shared workshop on the forgecraft server. I really like the blocks they are using for the glass and the engineering bricks used in the tank for the bio gas tank in the basement. Does anyone know when we will be seeing that version of xycraft added to the FTB packs?

Vegoraptor

Jul 29, 2019
About as soon as Soaryn, Chickenbones and the other devs are satisfied with it, you might have noticed some possibly laggtastic problems with parts of the next milestone.
I'd say, around 3-5 weeks, depending on their decision to add even more in the initial release or stabilizing the basics and building onto it later on.

kev12east

Jul 29, 2019
i personally dont care about the lag or the world breaks. all i want to do is fly over a laser light show, with a penguin in my back seat, shooting a p90 at some creepers

Reactions: Flipz

MrCervelo

Jul 29, 2019
I'm afraid I don't completely get the Fire Brick thingy, I placed one in creative, and it did nothing, I attached a lever and flicked it and it did nothing. I think that it's a block that you can set on fire and it will burn constantly, can someone confirm?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.