Would you play on this type of server?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
The Minecraft EULA is still shorter, more easily understandable and less restrictive than most other EULAs of current games/software.

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
They don't even enforce it, lol.
IMO, Mojang has no right, nor way, to have enforce their eula. That said, thank god they don't. I could literally rant forever on how dumb and idiotic the eula is.
That said, I have considerably higher respect for your terms and conditions considering you have unilaterally held to them from the beginning.
When you sell minecraft items for cash, its like, creating a new website and selling minecraft on it...which is obviously breaking the rules....

Same applies to moded items....

There are many ways to get money, having community DRIVEN servers ( People who enjoys and donate to the server), is what mojang has in mind ( since they dont like people profiting of their stuff)

Now for all those people who whine that mojang is killing the servers because they removed pay2win, it is expected for the OWNER to have the money to pay for the server, and not rely on donations to sustain the server... If donations some how sustain the server then good, or else the owner have to fork out some money of his own....

Reactions: jordsta95

psp

Jul 29, 2019
When you sell minecraft items for cash, its like, creating a new website and selling minecraft on it...which is obviously breaking the rules....

Same applies to moded items....

There are many ways to get money, having community DRIVEN servers ( People who enjoys and donate to the server), is what mojang has in mind ( since they dont like people profiting of their stuff)

Now for all those people who whine that mojang is killing the servers because they removed pay2win, it is expected for the OWNER to have the money to pay for the server, and not rely on donations to sustain the server... If donations some how sustain the server then good, or else the owner have to fork out some money of his own....
I guess I differ from the majority opinion held on this forum.

Anyways, again, this would be an awesome server and it semseems quite a few people are interested in it.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Needs trains, IMO. Also, how do you have Thaumcraft addons without Thaumcraft?
Probably by me forgetting to type Thaumcraft? :p

And what would you suggest for trains, because unless Traincraft has updated and changed its modpack policy, I wouldn't be able to include it.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Probably by me forgetting to type Thaumcraft? :p

And what would you suggest for trains, because unless Traincraft has updated and changed its modpack policy, I wouldn't be able to include it.

Railcraft perhaps? I always included it with GT, it seemed to fit really well when I did that.

Reactions: psp

L0NExW0LF

Jul 29, 2019
Railcraft perhaps? I always included it with GT, it seemed to fit really well when I did that.
I would like to add to this. I would highly recommend Railcraft as well as its sister mods (Buildcraft and Forestry). That mod family has always worked well with GT.

Reactions: Padfoote

CuteTurret

Jul 29, 2019
I support L0NExWOLF, Railcraft is a great mod to play with GT, it adds very useful blocks during GT bronze age (The water tank for example) and add the possibility to make an actual mine shaft to use on those big GT veins.
And for the 3 questions: I love the idea, I would totally going to play it till death, and even donate if I had spare money.

TheGreatKamina

Jul 29, 2019
I've had a little more time to think about this. It sounds like a really cool idea on the surface, even though I'm not one for GT. The thing that always bugs me about modded servers is, it's difficult to find one with a real "community" feel to it. I suspect that, in some part, this is due to the ability of players to hole up in a base in the middle of nowhere and spend all their time climbing tech trees until they reach the point where the whole game is rendered trivial. Hopefully the modpack you picked and the inclusion of GT would push players more toward cooperative efforts.

Railcraft was what I had in mind, actually. You mentioned having to travel out a few km to gather resources and my mind immediately went to rails. A public rail system would be a great community project, and barring cheap teleportation/creative flying, it would be an interesting endeavor to use it for trade.

VapourDrive

Jul 29, 2019
Oops! Didn't see them. Another thing that might encourage trade is if crops actually needed certain biomes and conditions. Hmmm IIRC @VapourDrive was working on a mod that might work. Although he's most likely far from releasing it. :(
I have a fair amount done on it, however you are unfortunately correct there. I am quite busy (especially moderating now) and with real life things. I do continue to dedicate time when I can though, progress is being made :)

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
I'm going to jump in now and suggest we move away from a discussion on the EULA. It's a topic that almost always causes arguments and has been beaten to death on these forums already.

Thanks.
BTW, you should put a "My moderating text will look like this" thing in your siggy like the others :p

I knew it was mod text...but just for any who wouldn't know ;)

Reactions: jordsta95