Would you play on this type of server?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Synaxin

Jul 29, 2019
Actually, I was thinking of speedrunning, quarrying the entire world to death and establishing a server-wide monarchy...but that sounds fun too.

But then you get everyone coming at you to steal stuff, which wouldn't be a fun experience.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
But then you get everyone coming at you to steal stuff, which wouldn't be a fun experience.
Steal? On a server with trusted members? That's not really a worry, as it would be a friends, and friends of friends, sort of server. (by friends, I include people like those which you see on the forums, but may not be friends with yourself - should they want in)

Synaxin

Jul 29, 2019
Steal? On a server with trusted members? That's not really a worry, as it would be a friends, and friends of friends, sort of server. (by friends, I include people like those which you see on the forums, but may not be friends with yourself - should they want in)

What I meant by steal was stealing resources from someone who was hogging all the resources and not sharing, not just stealing outright

Lumaceon

Popular Member
Jul 23, 2014
Not Kansas
What I meant by steal was stealing resources from someone who was hogging all the resources and not sharing, not just stealing outright
This actually happened on one of the Phoenixteam servers. I made a speedrun to the point where I had something like 2 stacks of nether stars before most people could find a diamond. I found people frequently "borrowed" things from my AE system, and honestly I couldn't blame them. :p

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
This actually happened on one of the Phoenixteam servers. I made a speedrun to the point where I had something like 2 stacks of nether stars before most people could find a diamond. I found people frequently "borrowed" things from my AE system, and honestly I couldn't blame them. :p
OPEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Synaxin

Jul 29, 2019

Well if you have hundreds of items you aren't going to use ever, then why keep them?

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Well if you have hundreds of items you aren't going to use ever, then why keep them?
People hold on to lots of stuff which is common at the time, but later becomes a sought after item. Look at collectors of old matchbox cars, and hornby trains.
They were sold in mass quantities 20, 30,40, etc years ago. But now, people buy them, boxed for 100+x what they were brought for.
Same would be done with basic resources, especially non-renewable ones ;)

Synaxin

Jul 29, 2019
People hold on to lots of stuff which is common at the time, but later becomes a sought after item. Look at collectors of old matchbox cars, and hornby trains.
They were sold in mass quantities 20, 30,40, etc years ago. But now, people buy them, boxed for 100+x what they were brought for.
Same would be done with basic resources, especially non-renewable ones ;)

True, I also feel like this conversation has gone on long enough, and some of it is not exactly on topic, sooo yeah.

Reactions: VapourDrive

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Just a warning: Offering any functional advantages for real-world donations, even if the advantage can be obtained ingame, is a violation of the Mojang EULA. That said, I am not going to enforce that myself (but if I catch you selling my items, then the dragon is having server admin for dinner. :p )

psp

Jul 29, 2019
Just a warning: Offering any functional advantages for real-world donations, even if the advantage can be obtained ingame, is a violation of the Mojang EULA. That said, I am not going to enforce that myself (but if I catch you selling my items, then the dragon is having server admin for dinner. :p )
They don't even enforce it, lol.
IMO, Mojang has no right, nor way, to have enforce their eula. That said, thank god they don't. I could literally rant forever on how dumb and idiotic the eula is.
That said, I have considerably higher respect for your terms and conditions considering you have unilaterally held to them from the beginning.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not offering anything like that, as I stick to the EULA, and report any server that doesn't.
IF I was to give any perks to someone who donated it would be changing the colour of their name, when they speak in chat, to green or something :)

What made you think I was going to offer anything for real-world money? My only mention of that was "If I, for whatever reason, could not make a payment. Would you be willing to chip in a couple of bucks"

They don't even enforce it, lol.
IMO, Mojang has no right, nor way, to have enforce their eula. That said, thank god they don't. I could literally rant forever on how dumb and idiotic the eula is.
That said, I have considerably higher respect for your terms and conditions considering you have unilaterally held to them from the beginning.
Yes they do enforce the EULA. Only issue is that Mojang is small, so they can't cleanse the community straight away.

Reactions: Reika and Padfoote

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
I'm not offering anything like that, as I stick to the EULA, and report any server that doesn't.
IF I was to give any perks to someone who donated it would be changing the colour of their name, when they speak in chat, to green or something :)

What made you think I was going to offer anything for real-world money? My only mention of that was "If I, for whatever reason, could not make a payment. Would you be willing to chip in a couple of bucks"
I saw something about offering protected areas for real-world donations, where the size of the area was proportional to the donation amount.