Would you build this?

Would you build this?

• Total voters

techno156

Jul 29, 2019
Chainmail would conduct electricity, amplifying the damage. Ever see the results of people getting hit by lightning while wearing music devices?

You would immediately crash if it did. It cannot place machines from any of my mods.

lkYLGke.png

They break quickly for convenience.
From what I remember, most of the damage is caused as the result of burns through the wiring, though, according to this:

You should be safe as long as you are completely enclosed and there is no voltage drop across you, which would, of course, require a full set of armour in the first place...

Reactions: 1M Industries

1M Industries

Jul 29, 2019
From what I remember, most of the damage is caused as the result of burns through the wiring, though, according to this:

You should be safe as long as you are completely enclosed and there is no voltage drop across you, which would, of course, require a full set of armour in the first place...
Ah MinuteEarth. One of my favorite channels. And as I said, a Faraday suit will keep you safe from lightning. Or a Van De Graaff.

Reactions: techno156

Xaros

Jul 29, 2019
A great way to deal with that later could be to add a specific armor that protects against the discharges, i mean, a suit you could wear whenever you have to tinker with the VdG. It could even extend to some other RotaryCraft devices, maybe. Or some form of personal force field, whatever. It would lessen the annoyance and give a legitimate recovery solution for whoever didn't know enough about the mod and got stuck with that issue.
Actually a suit of any kind wouldn't be a bad idea considering, in real life too, people have to wear one in every factory.

Something just to protect from VDGs and, maybe, slightly from radiaton but giving no armor.

1M Industries

Jul 29, 2019
Actually a suit of any kind wouldn't be a bad idea considering, in real life too, people have to wear one in every factory.

Something just to protect from VDGs and, maybe, slightly from radiaton but giving no armor.
There is already a radiation suit. What we need is a Faraday suit to protect from Van De Graaff generators.

bolsward1

Jul 29, 2019
Hello,

I'm experiencing some difficulties with reactorcraft. I've been trying to produce heavy water, with the heavy water extractor. I've build the reactor at Y level: 23 (in a ocean ofcourse) facing 4 sides of water. I'm providing the heavy water extractor with 67,109 MW and 65536 rad/s.

This setup does seem to work in a singleplayer world, however it doesn't seem to work in a multiplayer server.

A picture of my setup (with coords):

a5b10fdfe3408cde2a9c053c799c83cf.png

Any suggestions are more than welcome.

Thanks.

1M Industries

Jul 29, 2019
Hello,

I'm experiencing some difficulties with reactorcraft. I've been trying to produce heavy water, with the heavy water extractor. I've build the reactor at Y level: 23 (in a ocean ofcourse) facing 4 sides of water. I'm providing the heavy water extractor with 67,109 MW and 65536 rad/s.

This setup does seem to work in a singleplayer world, however it doesn't seem to work in a multiplayer server.

A picture of my setup (with coords):

a5b10fdfe3408cde2a9c053c799c83cf.png

Any suggestions are more than welcome.

Thanks.
Are you beneath 16 blocks of water? The extractor will not work otherwise.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
A thought on armor. Perhaps having it be crafted not from HSLA steel, but from rolled HSLA steel. It could then be very low armor value but offer near complete protection from VdG's and perhaps some protection vs Lightning strikes. A drum roller machine could be used to automatically craft shaft units as well as plates. Perhaps have it set up like the extractor, where speed and torque control what it produces.

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
A thought on armor. Perhaps having it be crafted not from HSLA steel, but from rolled HSLA steel. It could then be very low armor value but offer near complete protection from VdG's and perhaps some protection vs Lightning strikes. A drum roller machine could be used to automatically craft shaft units as well as plates. Perhaps have it set up like the extractor, where speed and torque control what it produces.
Reika has said that he does not want to go the IC2 route.

ayazasker123

Jul 29, 2019
Hey can someone help me every toroid magnet works and is in the right position i know because the electricity is going through them,please tell me why the plasma is flying off.