With the return of taint, thaumcraft is now full of !!FUN!!

ICountFrom0

Forum Addict
Aug 21, 2012
Vermont
Watch, enjoy, speculate.

We can only hope it's slightly less possible for one person to slay an entire server with it. I've had to abandon the nether due to taint before.

YSUJAdt.jpg

Two words to give you a shiver.

Tainted Firebats.

Pokefenn

Jul 29, 2019
Well azanor has said that its a biome now, it spreads slowly and can be stopped.

I'm personally really excited, I missed taint, flux wasn't dangerous enough.

Reactions: dgdas9

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Crawler! A new mob.

I love the fact too that it's actually a texture overlay, makes it more compatible with texture packs.

I'm shuddering at the thought of Tainted Nitro Creepers (if such a thing could exist - Natura + TC3)

Hyperme

Popular Member
Apr 3, 2013
inb4 demands for Thaumcraft-less packs. For server peeps who don't use the Thaumcraft, this is probably going to be really annoying. And depending on exactly how you're meant to fight the generic spreading darkness, it could be equally annoying for Thaumcraft players too.

Virgoddess

Jul 29, 2019
I was rather late to the modded minecraft scene, so I never really got to play with TC2. I'm really excited for this addition. I love Azanor's brain.

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

dgdas9

Jul 29, 2019
Cool...
I never actually tried thau.2, in that time, I fought it was too laggy...

snooder

Jul 29, 2019
Ah taint.

Nothing is ever more fun than copying a world over, having the TC2 aura values reset and getting a giant taint bloom right in the center of your base. I just hope that whatever taint elimination scheme he puts out relies on renewable material like silverwood instead of having to strip mine the world for crystals.

danidas

Jul 29, 2019
Oh sh.... Those taint biomes were the stuff I disliked the most in TC2. Can they be disabled?

They cannot be disabled as they will become required for parts of thuamcraft to work, how ever their ability to spread can be adjusted/turned off in the config. Also you will be able to adjust/disable the chances of taint appearing as a result of doing nasty things with the flux.

Basically how it will work is that Thuamcraft will add a special rare biome that will have slightly purple tinted vegetation. Which will slowly be taken over by taint and if allowed by the configs will begin to very slowly spread to the surrounding area. Also he is thinking of adding taint as a byproduct of extreme flux with a config to disable it.

Virgoddess

Jul 29, 2019
They cannot be disabled as they will become required for parts of thuamcraft to work, how ever their ability to spread can be adjusted/turned off in the config. Also you will be able to adjust/disable the chances of taint appearing as a result of doing nasty things with the flux.

Basically how it will work is that Thuamcraft will add a special rare biome that will have slightly purple tinted vegetation. Which will slowly be taken over by taint and if allowed by the configs will begin to very slowly spread to the surrounding area. Also he is thinking of adding taint as a byproduct of extreme flux with a config to disable it.

Where are you getting your info? Not that I doubt you - I don't. I just want to read, too :)

danidas

Jul 29, 2019
The good thing is that the old TC2 rule of thumb will still apply "If you see purple run far away, never to return until your prepared". As the taint will only spread when the chunks are loaded so even if you dial the spread to 11 you will be safe if you treat the area with a 10 chunk long pole.

natnif36

Jul 29, 2019
Till now Thaumcraft has been stuck into most packs, due to not really having any seriously detrimental effects.

However, with this spawning NATURALLY, it is a whole different ball game.
I would be fine with it only appearing as a result of extreme flux, ie dangerous, but if the naturally spawning thing can't be turned OFF then it will annoy a LOT of people.

danidas

Jul 29, 2019
I think you missed the point that it will be a special biomes that will be clearly marked with a light purple tint to it and will only spread very slowly when the area is loaded. To further improve things it will be fully configurable so if you don't want it to spread you can disable it very easily. You just cannot disable the biome as it will be needed for parts of the mod, however as a bonus they will be very rare.

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
Till now Thaumcraft has been stuck into most packs, due to not really having any seriously detrimental effects.

However, with this spawning NATURALLY, it is a whole different ball game.
I would be fine with it only appearing as a result of extreme flux, ie dangerous, but if the naturally spawning thing can't be turned OFF then it will annoy a LOT of people.
Heh, have your ever been on when a large cluster of ddoor rifts has been reported? Someone always jumped in immediately to destroy it.

If this is well executed and the signs are many, easy to read, it doesn't happen too often, and is possible to combat by our server as a group, well.... This could be a lot of real fun and a activity we can perform together while having a blast.

I'm still hoping for a really good doomsday/siege mod which'd make people work together more.

So let's hope it's good!

Reactions: Beleriond01