Wiki Translator Team-- Decision List

slay_mithos

Jul 29, 2019
And in web language: http://translate.google.com/
It is amazing how it can translate the single words.

Do not use it for sentences though, as it tends to end in a "Me be man" from "I am human".

Well, then again, you already appointed translators, so I assume they are up to the task to do a translation on a professional level.

QueWhat

Jul 29, 2019
Translation programs are usefull for translating single words, but as slay stated not for whole sentences or paragraphs. For example, there are words in English that do not exist in Spanish and the only way to translate is by describing the thought behind the word without falling from the context. Spanish is a very descriptive language, try reading (if you can) "El ingenioso hidalgo don Quijote de la Mancha" a classical piece of Spanish literature (there are various translations too, but the Old Castilian version is the original).

b0h

Jul 29, 2019
The funny things is that there are words in English that have no word with the same meaning in Italian and vice-versa.

Translation is a hard task, conveying the same feeling and the same meaning sometimes need longer sentences , and , in the end, the meaning is STILL a little different.

We can just hope for the best accuracy possible.

FBI

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I can only guarantee for the Italian translation, surely madaffacca won't let us down!
Better, of course, than that piece of scum that is FBI... i can't stand that guy....
Look, he still doesn't have the "Wiki Translator" title.... :p

madaffacca

Jul 29, 2019
Bad news for you, mate, Madaffacca is a complete retard :p

Anyway, I can't wait to start working on this project! Still no finals for me, so plenty of time on my hands!

b0h

Jul 29, 2019
I'd like to address at you two like our most "loved" Vittorio Sgarbi. "CAPRA! CAPRA! CAPRA!" j/k!

For the ones who doesn't know, Capra = Goat. XD

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
Translators need to contact me if they want to get added in. Jump on Teamspeak and message me by double clicking on my name and saying something about the wiki.

FBI

Jul 29, 2019
Yay holidays!!!!! And our planet is still alive and kicking!!! Take this Mayan! Mele kalikimaka to everyone! XD

auris331

Jul 29, 2019
aww, i wanted to apply to translate the wiki to lithuanian, but i see that its too late now.. Oh well