Why no new launcher.

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vauthil

Jul 29, 2019
I expect a wall of text is inbound, but some quick points for folks:

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I expect a wall of text is inbound, but some quick points for folks:

jqDvoIt.gif

eashonk

Jul 29, 2019
you guys are flippin awesome

Now, anybody COMPLAINING or WHINING about any bugs present in anything that the FTB team was forced to release before they completely finished the launcher should be banned from the forums for life.

Not to say that they shouldn't be reported, but should be done in the proper manner, which I'm sure miss Jaded will lay out quite clearly.

Last edited:

Greevir

Jul 29, 2019
you guys are flippin awesome

Now, anybody COMPLAINING or WHINING about any bugs present in anything that the FTB team was forced to release before they completely finished the launcher should be banned from the forums for life.

Not to say that they shouldn't be reported, but should be done in the proper manner, which I'm sure miss Jaded will lay out quite clearly.
People will always complain about something, it's inevitable. You just have to push through it.

So happy to see a 1.6.4 modpack on the launcher. I know it won't get rid of the recent negativity towards FTB, but hopefully it will help reduce it. The guys and gals are woking hard and deserve a little relief.

Reactions: SatanicSanta

Aubinator

Jul 29, 2019
FTB FTW! You guys never cease to amaze me! I anxiously await the Unleashed 1.6 edition :)

Please ignore all the BS posts on this thread! There are so many people that are probably so content with your work they don't even bother to check the forums! Seriously! As one said: You're damned of you do, and damned of you don't!

My suggestion: Keep Doing!!

Last edited:

Mysticpoisen

Jul 29, 2019
The new guy is totally ChickenBones isn't it

Also, i was wondering about launcher for quite a while now, I'm extremely glad you gave us an update on the project, as well as a reply to all those who just yell and scream, "Why isn't it done already!!!!"

Reactions: jokermatt999

CaptainMaKSa

Jul 29, 2019
Launcher is updated today, and there is new modpack called 'Horizons', and when i try to launch it, it first time download all stuff, and when he try to launch just freeze launcher, and console says that its trying to unzip downloaded modpack... Any ideas for fix???

jokermatt999

Jul 29, 2019
Launcher is updated today, and there is new modpack called 'Horizons', and when i try to launch it, it first time download all stuff, and when he try to launch just freeze launcher, and console says that its trying to unzip downloaded modpack... Any ideas for fix???

It's just having issues right now. Should sort itself out in a few hours most likely.

Horizons looks awesome! I can't wait for the new Ultimate/Unleashed, but this will definitely tide me over til then. So many news mods to play with...

Also, any word on another pack like Ultra Hard Survival or Tekkit's Hexxit pack? I'd love to see another adventuring pack at some point, but I'm sure you guys have your hands full for the next few weeks.

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
It's just having issues right now. Should sort itself out in a few hours most likely.

Horizons looks awesome! I can't wait for the new Ultimate/Unleashed, but this will definitely tide me over til then. So many news mods to play with...

Also, any word on another pack like Ultra Hard Survival or Tekkit's Hexxit pack? I'd love to see another adventuring pack at some point, but I'm sure you guys have your hands full for the next few weeks.

The challenging/hard type modpack will be Magic Farm. Some people will find it hard some won't. Its not really adventurey though you could play it that way if you want.

Reactions: jokermatt999

william_powell

Jul 29, 2019
when ever i try to launch horizon i get a error message saying:Error: Could not find or load main class instances\Horizons\natives

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
THe upcoming packs in no particular order

Horizons - New Mods
Magic Farm 2 - 80% conversion
Direwolf20 - surprise :p
Tech World 2
Magic World 2
FTB Lite 2 - Geared towards small servers and older computers a base pack that can be customized by adding another mod or 2 if you want.

2-3 more packs later :p

clarity

Jul 29, 2019
No offense, but are these changes really necessary for ftb to move forward? I'm just thinking of the saying 'if it's not broke, don't fix it'. Maybe your past system wasn't the most efficient, but it worked and people were happy to get the packs. I mean...if it's the best way for ftb to grow and make money or something, then yeah go for it. But it sounds to me like your working your guys overtime just to complicate things more.

I just don't wanna see you guys die out like the Yogbox. You guys aren't making money right now, and I'd hate to see you guys work yourselves to oblivion. There's such a thing as over-doing it, too. Make sure to remember that, guys.

Reactions: fps_master91

Greevir

Jul 29, 2019
Hi ladies and gents! First I got to say I got to say great job with the FTB klient and it's mods. I will most lightlöy play this for a long time.
Now could some one help me translate this to english for me :D
It show up emidiatly after i start the FTB klient I dont even get to see the mode select screen

[23:31:34] [ERROR] LauncherConsole$OutputOverride.write:89: From Console: Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0"
[23:31:34] [ERROR] LauncherConsole$OutputOverride.write:89: From Console: java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "0-ea"
[23:31:34] [ERROR] LauncherConsole$OutputOverride.write:89: From Console: at java.lang.NumberFormatException.forInputString(NumberFormatException.java:65)
[23:31:34] [ERROR] LauncherConsole$OutputOverride.write:89: From Console: at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Integer.java:580)
[23:31:34] [ERROR] LauncherConsole$OutputOverride.write:89: From Console: at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Integer.java:615)
[23:31:34] [ERROR] LauncherConsole$OutputOverride.write:89: From Console: at net.ftb.util.winreg.JavaInfo.<init>(JavaInfo.java:56)
[23:31:34] [ERROR] LauncherConsole$OutputOverride.write:89: From Console: at net.ftb.util.winreg.JavaFinder.findJavas(JavaFinder.java:93)
[23:31:34] [ERROR] LauncherConsole$OutputOverride.write:89: From Console: at net.ftb.util.winreg.JavaFinder.parseWinJavaVersion(JavaFinder.java:128)
[23:31:34] [ERROR] LauncherConsole$OutputOverride.write:89: From Console: at net.ftb.gui.panes.OptionsPane.<init>(OptionsPane.java:128)
[23:31:34] [ERROR] LauncherConsole$OutputOverride.write:89: From Console: at net.ftb.gui.LaunchFrame.<init>(LaunchFrame.java:500)
[23:31:34] [ERROR] LauncherConsole$OutputOverride.write:89: From Console: at net.ftb.gui.LaunchFrame$1.run(LaunchFrame.java:270)
[23:31:34] [ERROR] LauncherConsole$OutputOverride.write:89: From Console: at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:251)
[23:31:34] [ERROR] LauncherConsole$OutputOverride.write:89: From Console: at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(EventQueue.java:741)
[23:31:34] [ERROR] LauncherConsole$OutputOverride.write:89: From Console: at java.awt.EventQueue.access$400(EventQueue.java:97)
[23:31:34] [ERROR] LauncherConsole$OutputOverride.write:89: From Console: at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:694)
[23:31:34] [ERROR] LauncherConsole$OutputOverride.write:89: From Console: at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:691)
[23:31:34] [ERROR] LauncherConsole$OutputOverride.write:89: From Console: at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
[23:31:34] [ERROR] LauncherConsole$OutputOverride.write:89: From Console: at java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:75)
[23:31:34] [ERROR] LauncherConsole$OutputOverride.write:89: From Console: at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:711)
[23:31:34] [ERROR] LauncherConsole$OutputOverride.write:89: From Console: at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:220)
[23:31:34] [ERROR] LauncherConsole$OutputOverride.write:89: From Console: at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:135)
[23:31:34] [ERROR] LauncherConsole$OutputOverride.write:89: From Console: at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:123)
[23:31:34] [ERROR] LauncherConsole$OutputOverride.write:89: From Console: at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:119)
[23:31:34] [ERROR] LauncherConsole$OutputOverride.write:89: From Console: at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:111)
[23:31:34] [ERROR] LauncherConsole$OutputOverride.write:89: From Console: at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:97)
Please post that here: http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/forum/tech-support.14/ This is not the Support thread.

EDIT: And Ash beat me to it.... :p

Reactions: Ashzification
Status
Not open for further replies.