Why is Applied Energistics crafting stopping?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Ricewind19901

Jul 29, 2019

Regardless if this is true or not, this was the next thing I was going to try since it usually gets stuck on tin item casings (and rarely on tin cables)

Edit: The problem still occurs, It gets stuck on tin cables (uninsulated). The problem always seems to be tin, tin ingots, tin casings tin cables. Anyone have any idea what could be causing this? Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't

Last edited:

belgabor

Jul 29, 2019
This it NOT true. I have experienced it before but just tested it to make absolutely sure. The ME autocrafting WILL use the ore dictionary to find other valid items if there are none of the listed available.

It actually depends.
Let's say you have a receipee coded with IC2 copper. If you have TE copper in your network, fine. If you don't but let's say have a receipee that makes TE copper from dust, it won't. Long story short, oredict only works for existing items, not for crafting chains.

D

Darkfreakz

Alright ..

I know that this is a huge necro-post, but I made an account here specifically for this thread.
I had the exact same problem (Tin always halting the AE auto-crafting), even when I unhooked all machines except storage, smelter and 1 interface.
Looking for a sollution to this exact problem Google pointed me to this thread (with nothing I hadn't tried yet, so no solution).

HOWEVER! Just as I alt-tabbed back to my game it suddenly hit me:
Storage Drawers.

They were staring right at me and I realised: I had them locked so they only take in what they are locked to.
I had them locked to IC2 tin.

What happened: Whenever I smelted tin, it got pulled into my storage drawers.
Appareantly Storage Drawers (when locked) convert ingots to the corresponding (locked) type.

So every TE Tin ingot expelled from my alloy smelter got through the ME system into the Storage Drawers where it was converted to IC2 tin ingots.

Once I unlocked the tin drawer and put in TE ingots the problem went away.

So:
Check if you have any IC2 tin ingots locked in storage, unlock and remove it, place/lock some TE tin ingots (or no lock at all) and done.

Hope this fixed your problem, too (and anyone else having this problem).