Why do you like hardmode/grindy minecraft?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
I dislike repetitive grinding - I'm happy to spend an hour getting together the essentia and all the items needed for something like crafting the Awakened Ichorium equipment, but I don't like carrying out several crafting steps for something I need to make a lot of, especially if multiple machines are necessary.

I don't enjoy packs that are also designed to make your life hell, because it's insanely difficult to get anything going at the start when you're so squishy compared to everything. That being said, I do feel a certain degree of frustration when I reach endgame equipment and I can't be hurt by anything anymore. It'd be interesting if there were a way that the game could detect your degree of OPness and buff up the mobs and challenges in response. Either that, or have tiered dungeons, with the highest tier ones requiring endgame gear or some serious teamwork to clear. I did really enjoy a magic world playthrough I did with Better Dungeons added where I stopped mining after the first few days of playing and started gaining my resources by conquering those dungeons.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
*cough* Rapier bypasses it *cough* :3
*cough* *cough*
TICO IS OP AND YOU KNOW IT! Seriously, man up and fight like a non-cheating bastard. Or I'll show you what my "Bass Cannon" can do. Non-portable, sadly. The "Bass Cannon M2" is, but it's really just a blood magic item renamed and with a few fancy tags.
And I'm done for a while.[DOUBLEPOST=1411013078][/DOUBLEPOST]
I dislike repetitive grinding - I'm happy to spend an hour getting together the essentia and all the items needed for something like crafting the Awakened Ichorium equipment, but I don't like carrying out several crafting steps for something I need to make a lot of, especially if multiple machines are necessary.

I don't enjoy packs that are also designed to make your life hell, because it's insanely difficult to get anything going at the start when you're so squishy compared to everything. That being said, I do feel a certain degree of frustration when I reach endgame equipment and I can't be hurt by anything anymore. It'd be interesting if there were a way that the game could detect your degree of OPness and buff up the mobs and challenges in response. Either that, or have tiered dungeons, with the highest tier ones requiring endgame gear or some serious teamwork to clear. I did really enjoy a magic world playthrough I did with Better Dungeons added where I stopped mining after the first few days of playing and started gaining my resources by conquering those dungeons.
Actually, I managed to skip your response, but come to think of it, if Divine RPG 2 cut all the overworld content(and nether, and possibly "end" dimension), but required you to do a ritual to get started in it, say, make a pillar with 2 gold blocks, 1 netherack on top, and two soul sand for arms, then light it(in any dimension not from it, and once per dimension), or went the AM1 route and made you spend levels to unlock new things which bring their own problems along the way...
That'd be awesome.