Which Mods Do YOU Add To Ultimate?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
Then again, why would you swim in lava if you could fly over it?

Why are you swimming, or flying over this lava, anyways, when you should be sending an army of turtles to collect the lava?

Ah, right, ILoveGregTech was trying to make a point regarding the usage of the GraviChestPlate. Eh, I can swim in lava for eight minutes at a time with a fairly cheap potion (and with one of my HUD mods, I get constant updates on when it'll run out).

Skyqula

Jul 29, 2019
Why are we even talking about swimming in lava? This is something vanilla enchanted diamond armor allows you to do just fine xD

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
May I suggest you try my mod MageCraft when it's in a more complete state?
Any mod with a Wizzard hat for me to wear is a mod I Fully support.
Kind of wish I didn't need wands/staffs to cast spells, but not everyone supports the Gish concept.(I enjoyed one mod which wasn't very complex, nor added a lot of spells, but you could cast spells without spellbooks, scrolls, or wands. The author later added support for my desired magic style, which was using spells to support my hand to hand combat. Forget what it was called, but it hasn't been updated in a while)

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
Well, finding 24 diamonds and 100+levels of exp is not easy especially when you want that XP for better enchantments, diamonds for better machines, and if you're doing IC2 anyways, you'll have rubber.

MFR's rubber works too, just have to smelt it into bars first (and is much less annoying than IC2 rubber trees)
Well, actually, they're not compatible with many auto-logging mods, and they annoy me when their bright jungle leaves dot a nice birch forest, but..meh. I can disable them from now on and still have enough saplings.

GreenWolf13

Jul 29, 2019
Well, finding 24 diamonds and 100+levels of exp is not easy especially when you want that XP for better enchantments, diamonds for better machines, and if you're doing IC2 anyways, you'll have rubber.

MFR's rubber works too, just have to smelt it into bars first (and is much less annoying than IC2 rubber trees)
Well, actually, they're not compatible with many auto-logging mods, and they annoy me when their bright jungle leaves dot a nice birch forest, but..meh. I can disable them from now on and still have enough saplings.
Really? I'll have to go bug powercrystals about that and see if I can get him to add support for auto-logging mods. (I assume you're talking about mods like treecapitator.)

Any mod with a Wizzard hat for me to wear is a mod I Fully support.
Kind of wish I didn't need wands/staffs to cast spells, but not everyone supports the Gish concept.(I enjoyed one mod which wasn't very complex, nor added a lot of spells, but you could cast spells without spellbooks, scrolls, or wands. The author later added support for my desired magic style, which was using spells to support my hand to hand combat. Forget what it was called, but it hasn't been updated in a while)
Technically you don't need Staves to cast spells, but they are very useful. Basically, you can cast the spell using the spell scroll directly, or you can "learn" it, which consumes the scroll. You can then add it to a list of quick-fire spells that can be scrolled through and cast using a Stave. I might add support for binding individual spells to hot keys, so you can wield a sword while shooting fireballs.

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
Well, treecapitator, forestry stuff (not sure, didn't test), steve's carts, the main treefarm ways. Turtles work with them, but the trees aren't big so it's not a great idea.

GreenWolf13

Jul 29, 2019
Well, treecapitator, forestry stuff (not sure, didn't test), steve's carts, the main treefarm ways. Turtles work with them, but the trees aren't big so it's not a great idea.
Ah, thanks. I'll go poke him about it right now. I thought he added Forestry support though. Weird,

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I didn't test it personally, so I can say I'm not sure about it. But I'm sure SC and TreeCap don't work, I assume "Timber!" doesn't work either?

GreenWolf13

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, here's what powercrystals said:
Treecapitator comes with MFR support. Maybe FTB's is old.
I have no plans to ever add support for Steve's Carts or Forestry. If those mods want to, they can.