Which is the REAL FTB modpack?!?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

GreenWolf13

Jul 29, 2019
Being able to update config files should be the intelligence test to pass in order to play.
That is so elitist, it's not even funny.

You're saying people who don't know how to update configs shouldn't be allowed to play? That's not only elitist, it's stupid. I have a little sister who likes to play Minecraft. She doesn't even know how to install mods, but she likes to play with them, so I have to do it for her. Are you saying she shouldn't be able to play because she can't understand configs?

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
Keep it on topic. The OP is about which pack is the "official FTB pack". Answer: Technically none of them as the Official pack will be the pack used for the Map. Ultimate comes out March 1st. And DW20 or Mindcrack are both suitable for conversion. Discussions about Gregtec are not in keeping with the OP. Stay on topic or the thread will be locked.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
march 1? wasn't it "in 2-3 weeks" about a month an a half ago?

It'd be better if they just used the logical standby of "when it is done" to deal with people like you. Not that there is anything wrong with people that want an exact date, but it is extremely negative in regards to most processes. So, when it is done. Which will hopefully be March 1st. Because we'll have 1.5 fairly soon around then as well.

Bluehorazon

Jul 29, 2019
then if you gonna say an ETA, say ''somewhere in march'' not ''in 1-2 weeks''

They never said it will be released in 1-2 weeks. They said that they hope that all the mods they want to include are stable in about 1-2 weeks. And March 1st is very early, I expected them to release Ultimate at Pax East, since it would be the best solution PR wise, but I guess they want the pack avaible earlier due to the tournament.

And well I think after the mods they really needed are in now they might be able to name a release-date because they are not dependend on foreign work anymore. You simple cannot give an ETA if you wait for someone else to finish, who is not giving an ETA.

Matt Fl

Jul 29, 2019
sorry to necro but i figured this was relevant. is the March 1st date (today) still going to have ultimate realeased. I assume not?

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
isn't it 12 noon GMT?

Currently, it is 18:58GMT. But for releases, I think it was 10:00GMT.

And if I remember correctly, releases usually happen on Mondays (at 10:00GMT), so we'll see by next Monday surely.