What's your 1.6 modlist?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Gt you get chrome, iridium, and tungsteel files a lot too. Magical forests seem to bog stuff down a lot. Possibly causes memory leaks too. I f I can disable them I think I will[DOUBLEPOST=1382846956][/DOUBLEPOST]

Extra Utilities just updated, and IC2 is pretty stable. We run the experimental one no prob

0.3.2 came out, hopefully this fixed another load of bugs ;)

also been a while since I last updated my list. I tried adding openblocks, but I just didn't liked it enough to add it. it had some cool stuff, but not enough for me to add it.
also updated some mods, and installed Enchanting Plus. but I'm thinking of removing that aswell, because Thaumic Tinkerer adds something similar to Enchanting Plus aswell, the osmonic enchanter (or whatever it's called) and I find that more balanced then Enchanting Plus. but sadly I already upgraded my enchanting table and I hate to throw away resources :p

also been really debating if I should add Minegicka, Witchery and Blood Magic aswell. all 3 are good magic mods, but compared to Ars Magica and Thaumcraft they just don't have that much content. anyone willing who's playing with these mods to share their comments about them?

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
Blood Magic is nice and reminds me a lot of Diablo, which is good. Witchery seems fun, but I haven't toyed with it that much. Minegicka doesn't really seem interesting, but you may give them a shot.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Blood Magic is nice and reminds me a lot of Diablo, which is good. Witchery seems fun, but I haven't toyed with it that much. Minegicka doesn't really seem interesting, but you may give them a shot.

I was thinking of adding them because at one point you'll have hit the end with Thaumcraft and Ars Magica and it'd be nice if there was more to do. not saying I've hit that end already, but it'd be nice to be prepared.

also infinibows was updated and I added it to my list, thank you Myrathi ;)

Ripley

Jul 29, 2019
Ok I tried to add universal electricity + a few of its addons(atomic science, I need!) to my pack and for the first time I got ID conflicts.
Any way to know which IDs are "free" or do I have to go through each config file to determine which IDs are taken?

edit:
Ok I think I managed to remove all the ID conflict(I had to drop minechem, may add it later).
I used the good old method of trying at "random" :p.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Ok I tried to add universal electricity + a few of its addons(atomic science, I need!) to my pack and for the first time I got ID conflicts.
Any way to know which IDs are "free" or do I have to go through each config file to determine which IDs are taken?

edit:
Ok I think I managed to remove all the ID conflict(I had to drop minechem, may add it later).
I used the good old method of trying at "random" :p.

NEI adds a very good function that allows you to make a dump file of all the ID's in the game, both used and unused.
you can find it if you go to the NEI menu

also, in 1.6 NEI should produce a IDConflicts.txt file that'll help you with ID conflicts

Ripley

Jul 29, 2019
The problem was minecraft wasn't even starting with those ID conflicts...
Anyway good to know about the nei function, I'll use it the next time I want to add mods(before adding them that is :p).

Ripley

Jul 29, 2019
Another weird thing, I was trying to set up a server(even if playing single player I like to have a server for persistence).
I copied the mod & config from my single player to the server, launched it and it crashed on a id conflict between forge multiparts and mystcraft o_O.
Out of interest I deleted the config from the server, launched it again and it ran smoothly.
I'm flummoxed...

Luckily it seems copying the config from the server to the client works fine, pfioo :).

Lathanael

Jul 29, 2019
Another weird thing, I was trying to set up a server(even if playing single player I like to have a server for persistence).
I copied the mod & config from my single player to the server, launched it and it crashed on a id conflict between forge multiparts and mystcraft o_O.
Out of interest I deleted the config from the server, launched it again and it ran smoothly.
I'm flummoxed...

Luckily it seems copying the config from the server to the client works fine, pfioo :).
That is something we experienced as well. No clue why it happens though. Probably one of the mods generates another special config for servers and overwrites the original one.

bigtwisty

Jul 29, 2019
I run Resonant Rise with a couple of extras:

Optifine
Sonic Ether's Unbelievable Shaders (ultra with dof)
Macro / keybind

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Soul Shard 2 is out!
Rejoice people!

not really that excited about it... I hoped for some more content for it to be labeled as a whole new version, seeing as shadwdrgn had some big plans for it.
I guess he didn't have alot of modding time to be able to do that. the biggest change with SS2 is probably that you can only make a spawner now if you break a vanilla spawner in return. shouldn't be too difficult though if you have a mod like Twilight Forest installed. but I do wonder, is SS2 now able to also make spawners for non-vanilla mobs?
also added YALSM to my modlist, was getting tired of all the stacks of rotten flesh that I had.

Reactions: RedBoss

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
SS2 allows spawner creation from other mods as long as the mod in question is plugged into the SS2 api. ShadwDrgn has stated that you should bug the mod dev if you want soul shards from their mobs.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
SS2 allows spawner creation from other mods as long as the mod in question is plugged into the SS2 api. ShadwDrgn has stated that you should bug the mod dev if you want soul shards from their mobs.

welp, not trying to be mean to shadwdrgn, but in this case MFR still wins for me when it comes to mob spawning

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
welp, not trying to be mean to shadwdrgn, but in this case MFR still wins for me when it comes to mob spawning
To a degree, I agree. LOL. There are a lot of mods who don't use spawners for their mobs. But it does take the support for modded mob soul shards out of his hands.

Ripley

Jul 29, 2019
A new issue popped up.
Apparently geodes and quarried stone(I need mah quarried stone!) don't spawn for some reason.
I'm using railcraft 8.2 and latest of forge(past the push of xcompwiz), anyone having a similar issue?

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
with pain in my heart I've come today to this topic, to announce I've removed... Smart Moving.
ok, maybe a bit over dramatic, but Smart Moving really was a great and fun mod. sadly, it's kind of incompatible with Thaumcraft.
everytime I use the levitators I've to manually switch off Smart Moving as whenever I try to move down the levitator by holding shift, it does nothing, unless I switch it off.

Smart Moving also kinds of messes with the Thaumostatic Harness. the render is weird, and since Smart Moving adds it's own method of flying, it all just gets really weird.
and the last problem, which I have to admit I abused alot, is when you wear the boots of the traveller with full haste, and press the tab button for running with Smart Moving.
seriously, it might even beat the speed of the Modular Powersuit speed and flight, and it even worked while swimming. you'd travel across the land at the speed of light.
so yea... I kind of... abused it to get fast to places

I also finally managed to craft the uncrafting table, so I uncrafted the advanced enchanting table from Enchanting Plus, so I also removed Enchanting Plus now.

Trunks9809

Jul 29, 2019
A new issue popped up.
Apparently geodes and quarried stone(I need mah quarried stone!) don't spawn for some reason.
I'm using railcraft 8.2 and latest of forge(past the push of xcompwiz), anyone having a similar issue?

There was an update to Railcraft recently, and I remember the changelog saying something about allowing quarried stone to spawn. Perhaps try updating and see if that fixes it?

Reactions: RedBoss

Ripley

Jul 29, 2019
@Trunks9809:
Railcraft 8.2 is the latest version :).
Anyway I tried in a test world with just forge + railcraft and found some quarried stone(though it was still very rare) but still no geodes at the bottom of oceans(and I flew quite a while in creative mode to check).
Though I started my world with railcraft 8.1, which might explain the lack of quarried stone around my base >.<.

Korsovan

Jul 29, 2019
Quarried stone isnt going to be as common as stone or even rp2 marble as there is also red granite and black granite spawning from the same mod, that being said, when you do find it, it'll typically be a few stacks worth even though its not going to be in every biome you come across