What's your 1.6 modlist?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

ThePixie35

Jul 29, 2019
I got TiC working, version 1.4.7d7.
No issues.
I tried the dev version but it was a broken mess last time I tried it.

Then its a compatibility issue. Grrr.

Edit:
If anyone can see my issue... it's appreciated.

BuildCraft
IndustrialCraft Experimental
RailCraft
Forestry
ThaumCraft
Tinkers Construct
Natura
Factorization
MFR
MystCraft
AE
Iron Chests
Inv. Tweaks
BiblioCraft
BoP
Binnies Mods

Ripley

Jul 29, 2019
Only thing I can tell you is I don't have Factorization and MFR, I have everything else from your mod list.
Can you paste the crash log? that's probably the best bet to see what's wrong.

Aloc

Jul 29, 2019
If it were 1.5 we were talking about, I'd say yes, add it because its awesome. However, as we're talking about 1.6, I'd avoid it like the plague. Atomic Science eats ticks for breakfast, Mekanism universal cable kills worlds wholesale, and resonant induction is just plain broken. Also, Calclavia seems to be focusing on his own game, which doesn't bode well for updates anytime soon.

UE mods also have an incompatibility with Optifine, causing the icons of items/blocks in NEI to be invisible or distorted. I don't know if this has been fixed with the 1.6 versions though
but for me, who always plays with Optifine, it was a reason to not install UE mods

I'm really glad I asked you guys now. Optifine is a must for me too and I obviously wouldn't even know that Atomic Science was destroying my FPS, I would just notice a mysterious lag and start a new a world :/

Ripley

Jul 29, 2019
Wow I'm confused, I put 2 geothermal generators near a batbox and it exploded.
Thankfully it didn't destroy any block except a block of dirt :p.

I thought the voltage in ic2 worked by packet, ie you could put 100 generators linked to a batbox and it would be fine(as long as the generators didn't output more than 32 UE/t) but apparently in ic2 experimental it's a global value, if you input more than it can handle/t to a battery it explodes o_O.

ThePixie35

Jul 29, 2019
I've just done an hour of testing... Without TiC all works well
With TiC I get out of memory right at the end. (Although this is 53(?) mods in total yet I can quite easily start up FTB Unleashed)

Now, in theory, taking out other mods would prevent my out of memory issue. And in lue, just trying TiC gives a fully working MC. Yet taking my full mod list and slowly shrinking it to just the bare mods that I want doesn't even produce a crash report. I just get so far along and stops. No progress is made, it doesn't quit out, just stops.

Using MultiMC 5 if that helps. Or causes issues... now I think about it.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I've just done an hour of testing... Without TiC all works well
With TiC I get out of memory right at the end. (Although this is 53(?) mods in total yet I can quite easily start up FTB Unleashed)

Now, in theory, taking out other mods would prevent my out of memory issue. And in lue, just trying TiC gives a fully working MC. Yet taking my full mod list and slowly shrinking it to just the bare mods that I want doesn't even produce a crash report. I just get so far along and stops. No progress is made, it doesn't quit out, just stops.

Using MultiMC 5 if that helps. Or causes issues... now I think about it.

it's just some speculating that I'm doing, but with 1.6.4 mods are one by one slowly updating. this means when a mod gets released it probably does not yet have support for a new version of a mod that gets released later on. this might be happening with your TiC right now, there may be a mod in the list which TiC doesn't have support for yet.

ThePixie35

Jul 29, 2019
it's just some speculating that I'm doing, but with 1.6.4 mods are one by one slowly updating. this means when a mod gets released it probably does not yet have support for a new version of a mod that gets released later on. this might be happening with your TiC right now, there may be a mod in the list which TiC doesn't have support for yet.

It's something I thought about too, but I would of thought that an error of that type would come up in the crash report?
I'm just getting Out Of Memory crashes, or just endings as I described. I dunno. Really will miss the mod if I cant fix this.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
It's something I thought about too, but I would of thought that an error of that type would come up in the crash report?
I'm just getting Out Of Memory crashes, or just endings as I described. I dunno. Really will miss the mod if I cant fix this.

you can try posting in the MCF topic of Tinker's Construct, or search that topic for more information.
I did a quick search with the word "memory" and there are more people having Out of Memory problems.

ThePixie35

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, one guy has said quite recently about that, I don't know enough to get how much its using etc, nor does there look like a fix :(
So, I will get a plan done and continue with life. The issue will get a fix soon, TiC doesnt effect much World Gen except Nether Ores. I'll survive.

loboca

Jul 29, 2019
I thought the voltage in ic2 worked by packet, ie you could put 100 generators linked to a batbox and it would be fine(as long as the generators didn't output more than 32 UE/t) but apparently in ic2 experimental it's a global value, if you input more than it can handle/t to a battery it explodes o_O.
Ya, they changed how the IC2 Enet works now. you have the gist of it. EU/t is now additive. So 4x 10EU/t generators will over load a 32EU/t battbox or macerator, or any machine that's max is 32EU/t. Also there is now a CESU between Batboxes and MFE (CESU is a new storage unit). Unfortunately I don't have a link for a description of the new Enet. Nuclear reactors have changed as well. Make sure you have a full Hazmat suit when handling processed uranium. Oh and MOX reactors.

FyberOptic

Jul 29, 2019
Ya, they changed how the IC2 Enet works now. you have the gist of it. EU/t is now additive. So 4x 10EU/t generators will over load a 32EU/t battbox or macerator, or any machine that's max is 32EU/t.

I'm glad I noticed this. I've just started playing with the experimental version. That would have led to some confusion!

Not sure how I feel about it, though. I always considered EU as like voltage. Hooking up multiple machines like this would never produce more voltage, just more amperage. But now I guess they're trying to treat EU like amps? Or as if all machines are connected in series? Not the worst thing ever, but definitely going to be a hindrance to early game power.

ThePixie35

Jul 29, 2019
A new day, and a new dev version of TiC.
Works wonders. No issues on start up oddly.

Edit:
Wow... just wow.
I didn't even add the new TiC mod into the game >.<
However, now it just crashes my sound system. Anyone tried it?

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
A new day, and a new dev version of TiC.
Works wonders. No issues on start up oddly.

Edit:
Wow... just wow.
I didn't even add the new TiC mod into the game >.<
However, now it just crashes my sound system. Anyone tried it?

and the derp of the day award goes to.... ThePixie35!! congratulations on your trophy
cdY31hA.jpg
:p

ThePixie35

Jul 29, 2019
and the derp of the day award goes to.... ThePixie35!! congratulations on your trophy
cdY31hA.jpg
:p

Thank you, thank you. I'd just like to say thanks to a few people. Mainly Mum and Dad, thanks for giving birth to me and also my teacher who stood by me in this whole trial, with out him, I wouldn't get this.

On a serious note though, I didn't realise how much I miss TiC. I'm thinking of re-jigging the mods to get it in.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Yea, TiCo is one of those mods that you didn't realize you used so much until it suddenly wasn't there anymore...

exactly. for me TiC is a mod that goes along with vanilla minecraft very well. it's a mod that makes alot of sense for vanilla minecraft.
without it it just feels like you downgraded your minecraft version.

also I sadly had to remove Infernal Mobs. I'm at a point where I want to start an auto-mob farm, but everytime an infernal mob spawns it kind of screws up the farm.
now to be honest, that wasn't the big reason. yesterday I was fighting a pech with my awesome expensive manyullyn cleaver, and the pech was infernal.
the damn little bugger had the disarm effect on him, so when I tried to hit him, he caused me to drop my cleaver adn the damn little bugger picked it up.
ofcourse he didn't dropped it when he died :mad:

Ripley

Jul 29, 2019
exactly. for me TiC is a mod that goes along with vanilla minecraft very well. it's a mod that makes alot of sense for vanilla minecraft.
without it it just feels like you downgraded your minecraft version.

also I sadly had to remove Infernal Mobs. I'm at a point where I want to start an auto-mob farm, but everytime an infernal mob spawns it kind of screws up the farm.
now to be honest, that wasn't the big reason. yesterday I was fighting a pech with my awesome expensive manyullyn cleaver, and the pech was infernal.
the damn little bugger had the disarm effect on him, so when I tried to hit him, he caused me to drop my cleaver adn the damn little bugger picked it up.
ofcourse he didn't dropped it when he died :mad:

Ouch, that must have hurt, that's like 24 manyullyn ingots gone right there.
Btw new release of tinker's construct reintroduced Thaumium use, woot!