What's your 1.6 modlist?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Ouch, that must have hurt, that's like 24 manyullyn ingots gone right there.
Btw new release of tinker's construct reintroduced Thaumium use, woot!

the drying rack also finally became useable, and there's new explosives and stone ladders and tool parts are smeltable and wooden rails and... well, just check the changelog, there's too much :p

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
so how many of you guys have played with Morph?
I'm bringing it up because I see it on quite some modlists but to me it's currently very unbalanced (not saying it's a bad mod, it just requires some extra fine tuning)
the biggest problem is as soon as you kill a bat, you don't need anything else. you can fly anywhere you want, you only need a 1x1 space and the only thing you need to do is kill 1 bat.

I heard iichun is currently working on balancing the mod, and if I recall right, one of the balancing factors for bats would be that you'd get the blindness effect when turned into a bat.
now that does make bats more balanced, but I wouldn't really like it as it makes bats quite annoying to use.

I've talked about it at a few places on how I'd balance morph. instead of giving blindness when you're a bat, I'd rather balance it so if you morph into something, you'd get the health of that specific mob. so if you were to morph into a bat, your HP would be 6 instead of your normal health. you would also not be able to wear armor if that specific mob is not able to wear armor. lastly your inventory would also be limited to what kind of mob you are. a bat doesn't have any arms or hands to hold items, so a bat would only have 1 inventory slot available. but a zombie is like a normal player, so a zombie would have a full inventory available. you'd be able to unlock certain features the more mobs you kill of that type, so you'd be able to use more inventory slots as a bat, but it'd require you to kill more bats in return. this also makes you kill more mobs instead of just having to kill 1 mob and be done with it.

what would you all do to balance Morph?

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
Start with deleting Morph from modpack. :p

Seriously though, the mod doesn't need balancing, it need finishing. As in it doesn't seem to be anything but a test of a mod mechanic. Morph, to me at least, makes no sense. In Soul Shards there are rules, mechanics, and prerequisites to having a personal mob spawner. Where are the mechanics in Morph? They don't exist.

30 seconds into a new world, you kill a pig and now you're a pig. Why? What magic caused this transformation? Pity the poor person who has no clue what's going on and deletes the modpack because of it. That's horrible.

There should be some magical weapon and suit combo to enable Morph. While wearing your "Morphing" armor and using your Morphing blade, you can assume the identity of he entity you've killed. That's still silly, but there's a process and reason for turning into a pig.

Maybe you should have to capture the morph first as well. Maybe get a mob down to a certain health level and finish it with a morph card which capture morph data for the Morph suit. Or the Morph cards can be inserted into the morph blade to capture a morph. You'd then have to load the morph card into the suit or wand or whatever to use the Morph.

There should be a huge price to pay for using the suit as well. In addition to being "blind" when in bat form, your hunger bar should drain rapidly. Maybe 3-5 minutes of being in bat form should drain you to one meat stick. Your flight in bat form should also be difficult since in-game bats are horrible flyers. You should have to deal somehow with fighting the urge to behave like the mob you've morphed into. Like morphing into a zombie should make your focus change towards nearby villagers. I like the idea of smaller inventories and hit points based on morph selection.

Adding something like this won't make me use the mod, but at least it won't be so out of wack to me.

Last edited:
Reactions: un worry

FyberOptic

Jul 29, 2019
There should be some magical weapon and suit combo to enable Morph. While wearing your "Morphing" armor and using your Morphing blade, you can assume the identity of he entity you've killed. That's still silly, but there's a process and reason for turning into a pig.

iChun seems to do a pretty good job of turning concepts into gameplay mechanics, so I wouldn't be surprised if he implements something similar to what you said. I like the idea, actually. I also wouldn't be opposed to having a limited set of morphs you can turn into, perhaps requiring the use of experience or something else somewhat expensive to unlock more slots. This would force you to choose your set of morphs carefully. There's just lots of gameplay that could be invented around this concept. I trust he'll come up with something fun.

After all, this is the same guy who took a simple mod about hats and turned it into an addicting mini-game where you try to collect them all.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I just hope iichun doesn't change it so people would actually dislike using the mod, making it so... troublesome to use that people just think "meh"

Ripley

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know which mod adds the elevator that was seen in direwolf20's let's play on forgecraft 2(the first season)?
It's a block, when you jump on it it gets you to the next level with that block on it and when you crouch it gets you the level below.

I thought it was extra utilities but apparently it's not(or it was removed?).

Steel

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know which mod adds the elevator that was seen in direwolf20's let's play on forgecraft 2(the first season)?
It's a block, when you jump on it it gets you to the next level with that block on it and when you crouch it gets you the level below.

I thought it was extra utilities but apparently it's not(or it was removed?).

OpenBlocks is the mod you are looking for.

Posted on my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

ThePixie35

Jul 29, 2019
After all, this is the same guy who took a simple mod about hats and turned it into an addicting mini-game where you try to collect them all.
Thats all these mods are, mini-games. Which is nice if you play like that but to me, they have no practical use which is what I like.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Thats all these mods are, mini-games. Which is nice if you play like that but to me, they have no practical use which is what I like.

I would've liked it hats actually could give certain effects to the player, it'd make them a whole lot more worth to collect

Ripley

Jul 29, 2019
I was checking the exploratory tunnels made by my Turtle in the Overworld when I stumbled upon this:
2ebhabt.png

That's a nether bee hive, surrounded by a glowstone, in the Overworld.
At first I thought it might be a bug but seeing how it spawns in the nether in the netherrack and certainly not surrounded by glowstone I think it might be on purpose.
Also note that I'm very low(lvl 12).

Anyone ever encountered anything like it?

ThePixie35

Jul 29, 2019
I was checking the exploratory tunnels made by my Turtle in the Overworld when I stumbled upon this:
2ebhabt.png

At first I thought it might be a bug but seeing how it spawns in the nether in the netherrack and certainly not surrounded by glowstone I think it might be on purpose.

Hacks. Serious Hacks.
Actually, the glowstone means you don't need to visit the nether...

Has TC4 got spawning rules about shards? I've found only two earth shards.

Physicist

Jul 29, 2019
I've seen that, too, first in the DW20 1.5 pack, and only once or twice besides. I'm not sure which mod causes it. I even saw some endstone and an ender hive near bedrock once.

TC4 spawns shards in specific biomes IIRC. I'd expect to find fire shards in the desert, water shards under the ocean, air shards in the plains, etc.

un worry

Jul 29, 2019
2ebhabt.png

Dont recall which mod its from, but its your only source of infernal bees -- as Natura biomes reduces your chances of finding an infernal hive to near zero.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Hacks. Serious Hacks.
Actually, the glowstone means you don't need to visit the nether...

Has TC4 got spawning rules about shards? I've found only two earth shards.

depends... it's not like those things can be found in every chunk, it often requires quite some tunneling before you can find one, or you have to be in one of those worlds where you find one after tunneling for just 1 minute. but usually before you find one of these, you'll have already gone to the nether

Physicist

Jul 29, 2019
depends... it's not like those things can be found in every chunk, it often requires quite some tunneling before you can find one, or you have to be in one of those worlds where you find one after tunneling for just 1 minute. but usually before you find one of these, you'll have already gone to the nether
But not the end. It's rare, but I actually have seen more of these hives than killed ender dragons.