What's your 1.6 modlist?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
But not the end. It's rare, but I actually have seen more of these hives than killed ender dragons.

that.... should be quite normal, as you usually only kill 1 ender dragon per world... I find it hard to believe you are only allowed to find one of these hives per world... that'd be really bad for multiplayer servers

Physicist

Jul 29, 2019
No, you'd find plenty of them in the end; I'm saying that I found an end hive in the overworld, similarly to how the previous poster found a nether hive in the overworld.

Ripley

Jul 29, 2019
Dont recall which mod its from, but its your only source of infernal bees -- as Natura biomes reduces your chances of finding an infernal hive to near zero.
I actually found several bee hives in the nether before finding this one in the overworld, both the red one and this one(and yes I have Natura).

Gabe224

Jul 29, 2019
◦ AppliedEnergestics rv14-dev2
◦ BiomesOPlenty 1.1.3.182
◦ BuildCraft 4.1.2.6-2795
◦ CodeChickenCore 0.9.0.6
◦ ComputerCraft 1.57
◦ EnderIO 0..2-46
◦ EnderStorage 1.4.3.5
◦ ExtraUtilities 0.3.4
◦ Factorization 0.8.04-b17
◦ Forestry 2.3.0.6
◦ GraviSuite 1.9.8-EXP
◦ GregTech 4.04t
◦ IndustrialCraft2 2.0.297-EXP
◦ InventoryTweaks 1.57-b83
◦ IronChests 5.4.1-636
◦ ModularPowersuits 0.8.0-32
◦ Mystcraft 0.10.10.00
◦ NEIAddons 1.9.2.r44
◦ NEIPlugins 1.1.0.3
◦ NotEnoughItems 1.6.1.5
◦ NuclearControl 1.6.2c-EXP
◦ Numina 0.0.1-27
◦ OpenBlocks 1.2.0-350
◦ OpenPeripheral 0.2.1-73
◦ ProjectRedComplete 4.0.5.0-13
◦ Railcraft 8.2.0.0
◦ Thaumcraft 4.0.3a
◦ ThaumicTinkerer 2.0-24
◦ Translocator 1.1.0.13
◦ TwilightForest 1.20.1
◦ WR-CBE 1.4.0.6
◦ Rei’s Minimap
◦ Soul Shards
◦ Tinkers Construct
◦ Mo Creatures
◦ Zombie Awareness
◦ Galacticraft
◦ Enchanced Portals
◦ Obsidian Pressure plates
◦ Better Dungeons
◦ DungeonPack
◦ Mutant Creatures
ArsMagica

And on my server you arent allowed to create armor/tools from technology, only from magic mods and tinkers.

Gabe224

Jul 29, 2019
So did you(or your server admin) just disable the tech armor like nano/quantum?
Yup, we feel that this way users are exposed to all the mods equally. Instead of just deciding to use technology, and never touching the magic/blacksmith mods.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
No, you'd find plenty of them in the end; I'm saying that I found an end hive in the overworld, similarly to how the previous poster found a nether hive in the overworld.

aah, so that's what you meant. I was a bit confused with what you said.

on another note, another update for my modlist.
I removed YALSM, as Thaumcraft is quite in need of rotten flesh lately. btw, the new thaumcraft 4.0.4 update is awesome, update as soon as you can ;)

I also put back in Morph... yea yea I know what I said, but I really needed bat flight for a build of mine. my general rule for Morph right now is to only use it if I absolutely need to use it.

Physicist

Jul 29, 2019
I'm finding all the shards I need in 1 biome
Yeah, I think every kind has a chance to spawn in all biomes, but I'd bet dollars to donuts you've mined vastly more of some kinds of shards than others. Every world I play, I'm short at least one variety of shard, and it's never the same one.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
I'm always low on entropy and order shards. In my last test world I didn't really start getting a true stockpile until I had flight capabilities. It made shard collection so much easier.

Also RR just added Extra TiCo. It allows other mod metals to be used in the smeltery. I've got the nicest Metallurgy Tartarite hammer. Base mining speed using a full set of parts was 14. 81000 durability. So sweet.

Physicist

Jul 29, 2019
Gah! Playing gregtech 4 hardmode with only cassiterite/tetrahedrite for tin/copper (disabled ic2 and forestry gen for those metals), and you need about 300 bronze to advance to electricity.

Nearly home from a multi-day sojourn where I managed 6 stacks* of cassiterite and 4 stacks of tetrahedrite. 50 meters from my home I found a ravine partially exposed in a river's deepest spot. I dove down to take a peak, and a creeper casually walked off a nearby ledge into the stream and exploded me while he was swimming up. All my stuff flew in all directions from the top to the bottom of this ravine, then flowed all over the place when it hit the flowing water at the bottom.
*blocks only stack to 16 in this particular config-pack

Total damage done: I came back with 3 stacks of cassiterite. That's it. I almost rage-quit.

I can at least admit I partially did it to myself, by stupidly *exploring just a little more* even though my inventory was full, and also maybe a little by playing the new gregtech with all settings as hard as possible.

Edit: I suppose the point is this: Gregtech 4 is everything some of you LOVE and some of you HATE about previous GT editions, x10. I look forward to the new Unhinged pack.

Last edited:

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
I'm happy you're enjoying yourself. I only read your first paragraph and I was glad that I had no clue what you were talking about.

Ripley

Jul 29, 2019
I'm really loving that elevator from OpenBlocks, even the sound it makes is satisfying :p.

Also forge multipart is so damn awesome!
For a moment I was depressed after building that gigantic base in the void with quarry stone that you couldn't make multiblocks out of it.
Turns out there is a config file where you can add blocks you want to be able to cut up, even from mods, genius!

Ripley

Jul 29, 2019
What do you people use for cobble generation?
I've finally set up a nuclear reactor, a mfsu, got plenty of power to spare so I was thinking of starting to use the new mass fab.
Only there isn't anything to do clean cobblegen(unless I missed something), best I can think of is a vanilla cobble gen with a turtle destroying the block(or the AE block breaker thingie, not even sure it's in rv13 I'm using).

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019
I'm using a very Magic Themed modlist. :)

• Thaumcraft 4
  • Ars Magica 2
  • Blood Magic
  • Witchery
  • Dartcraft
  • Thaumic Tinkerer
  • Enchanting Plus
  • Better Anvils
  • Twilight Forest
  • Soul Shards 2
  • Equivalent Exchange 3
  • Equivalency
  • Extra Utilities
  • Treecapitator
  • Tinker's Construct
  • Natura
  • Ender Storage
  • Chicken Chunks
  • Hats
  • Torched
  • Morph
  • Translocators
  • Iron Chests
  • Barrels Mod

Reactions: matpower123

matpower123

Jul 29, 2019
I'm using a very Magic Themed modlist. :)

• Thaumcraft 4
  • Ars Magica 2
  • Blood Magic
  • Witchery
  • Dartcraft
  • Thaumic Tinkerer
  • Enchanting Plus
  • Better Anvils
  • Twilight Forest
  • Soul Shards 2
  • Equivalent Exchange 3
  • Equivalency
  • Extra Utilities
  • Treecapitator
  • Tinker's Construct
  • Natura
  • Ender Storage
  • Chicken Chunks
  • Hats
  • Torched
  • Morph
  • Translocators
  • Iron Chests
  • Barrels Mod
I am trying a Magic Themed gameplay, so my big focus atm is Magic and MagiTech stuff. :D
Good to see I am not alone. :p

Reactions: SpitefulFox

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
I'm doing a more magitek kind of runthrough, with primarily steampunk-level tech and magic that doesn't involve 'spells' (i.e. TC4). Consider it more along the lines of FMA than high fantasy.

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
Uhm, a new version of ShneekeyCraft would be good.
Especially with things like EE3 and TC4 and Gascraft.