Whats the drawback for being a bat with morph?!

Tzukasa

Jul 29, 2019
Seriously I'm not seeing much of one.. I mean skele's ect burn in the sunlight, drawback. Squids can't breathe above water, drawback. The most powerful morph By Far (infinite permanent flying?!) is from the bat, yet I'm not seeing Any drawback as to just staying as the bat at all times.... Sure you're only 1 block high whoop-de-do....

TheAwesomater

Jul 29, 2019
There isn't one, although I think iChun might make your hunger increase by 1000% or something like that in the future.

Ausyarr

Jul 29, 2019
the drawback i know of is slower mining while flying, If i was Ichun I'd make it so Armour has no effect on you while in morph. This was you still get the abilities to morph and still have incentive to make armour that allows flight.

Tzukasa

Jul 29, 2019
That is absurd. I find it baffling that this wasn't thought of before adding bats to the mod... It's stupid overpowered being able to perm fly over enemys safely out of their reach while bowing them down. I'd say its so damn overpowered that the mod needs an emergency patch to add in a Huge drawback or simply remove the bat from the list until a Big drawback can be added in.

And I mean it should be a BIG drawback like it consume 1 meatpop every 2 secs, making it so you can only ever fly for 20 secs, and if you are out of meatpops you fall to the ground. OR make it so you cannot use ANYthing on your hotbar while in the air (basicly disabling combat while in bat form any only able to use it to travel). Otherwise this mod simply breaks the game in the worst possible ways. Which is a damn shame cause I Really Really like the idea but until something is done about this I guess we'll have to disable it on the server ='(

Dragei

Jul 29, 2019
There isn't one, although I think iChun might make your hunger increase by 1000% or something like that in the future.
That's technically in. Have your bat form stay in the flying state, then go do something else for a while. Your hunger will drain even when you're doing nothing. Not the most serious of drawbacks, but outside of getting 2 hearts of health, there's probably not many nerfs you can do to the form that won't stop people screaming overpowered.

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
That's technically in. Have your bat form stay in the flying state, then go do something else for a while. Your hunger will drain even when you're doing nothing. Not the most serious of drawbacks, but outside of getting 2 hearts of health, there's probably not many nerfs you can do to the form that won't stop people screaming overpowered.
That also applies to the player. Although a good nerf would be only travel in the dark

Reactions: RealSketch

portablejim

Jul 29, 2019
I heard a rumour that you would get something like Blindness III when morphed as a bat in future versions, but as the future versions have come with basically no nerf I am thinking the rumour was not true.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
Lots of people agree that Morph is out of whack when it comes to its power offers. That's why there's several threads discussing it. To me it's a purely toy mod like Trail Mix or Hats. I also dislike the changes it makes to the death animations.

Queue

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe you have only 1 HP and while being a bat you get a random slew of adverse status effects (nausea, blindness as previously suggested). This way you can fly out of situations where you are stuck in, say a pipe, or to save yourself from certain death by falling... but if someone so much as sneezes on you you simply die.

Crownz04

Jul 29, 2019
Code:
 # Enable abilities?
    # 0 = No
    # 1 = Yes
    I:abilities=1

Code:
# Prevent players from acquiring these mobs as a morph.
    # Leave blank to allow acquisition of all compatible mobs.
    # Formatting is as follows: <class>, <class>, <class>
    # Example: am2.entities.EntityBattleChicken, biomesoplenty.entities.EntityJungleSpider, thaumcraft.common.entities.monster.EntityWisp
    S:blacklistedMobs=

Two very simple ways to disable flying in a multiplayer setting, and just have morph for fun, which I think is what it's meant to be for.

In single player? Who cares. If it bothers you, disable it. Server owners can easily take the extra minute to disable the flying...

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
Its a little fun mod still in the early stages... without a doubt some balancing/morphing 'cost' is in the pipes.
Build functionality first, then work out the balance- otherwise you're balancing what doesn't exist yet.

The main drawback to this particular morph is {DANGER: OPINION INCOMING} you become that badly designed flying vermin which doesn't stop squeaking.

(in all honesty- a slow but steady drain on your exp would be fairly neat in morph-mode. If you run out you morph back, regardless of what you were doing)

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
Its a little fun mod still in the early stages... without a doubt some balancing/morphing 'cost' is in the pipes.
Build functionality first, then work out the balance- otherwise you're balancing what doesn't exist yet.

The main drawback to this particular morph is {DANGER: OPINION INCOMING} you become that badly designed flying vermin which doesn't stop squeaking.

(in all honesty- a slow but steady drain on your exp would be fairly neat in morph-mode. If you run out you morph back, regardless of what you were doing)
Kudos, you actually came up with a balance idea that doesn't make the mod completely useless.

Reactions: Cirom

Kik

Jul 29, 2019
Nice idea - fueling the bat flying with XP or other resources/power.
I much prefer paying for the priviledge of flying or any other morph ability like imunity to attack or immunity to fire damage than being overly-punished with debuffs whilst playing survival.

Reactions: SonOfABirch

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
The drawback is that when using it, you will lose friendships or argue with other players who despise such an overpowered ability. Seriously, I don't know anyone who is on the middle, everyone I have seen either hates it or loves it and for some reason believes they can convince others to have the same belief

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
The drawback is that when using it, you will lose friendships or argue with other players who despise such an overpowered ability. Seriously, I don't know anyone who is on the middle, everyone I have seen either hates it or loves it and for some reason believes they can convince others to have the same belief
I'm quite apathetic on the topic, thank you very much. :p