What's new in modded minecraft today?

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
Oh I completely misunderstood the question. Sorry!

----------------------------------------------------
Sent From Something That You Won't Care About Using Tapatalk 2

CarbonBasedGhost

Jul 29, 2019
Nope. Definitely not.
deZMsuk.png

;)
This needs to be fixed. I swear, this would be amazing if this could work.

Antaioz

Jul 29, 2019
Nope. Definitely not.
deZMsuk.png

;)
I can't figure out what you're doing with the mod. Is it like signs with recipes?
Forgive me but that doesn't seem particularly... useful?
just my opinion, I don't get it.

Edit:
I feel like that (below) was a quip at me :p.
It's not that I'm against such a mod, but I don't really get it, it doesn't seem like a particularly effective way of remembering recipes, especially with NEI everywhere. I guess it has some aesthetic value, but I was curious if the 'purpose' of the mod was aesthetic, or does it hope to fill some void of functionality somewhere?
(Honest question!)

Last edited:

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
I can't figure out what you're doing with the mod. Is it like signs with recipes?
Forgive me but that doesn't seem particularly... useful?
just my opinion, I don't get it.

Edit:
I feel like that (below) was a quip at me :p.
It's not that I'm against such a mod, but I don't really get it, it doesn't seem like a particularly effective way of remembering recipes, especially with NEI everywhere. I guess it has some aesthetic value, but I was curious if the 'purpose' of the mod was aesthetic, or does it hope to fill some void of functionality somewhere?
(Honest question!)
It's so you don't have to keep opening NEI. You can just have the recipe right there at all times.

AlCapella

Jul 29, 2019
So, Friend of mine sent me this post by mithion over the weekend.

So, AM2 enters the long list of mods/original modders that move on. Have they appointed a successor to that mod yet?

@dmillerw, all those recipe panel screenshots are teasers or is there an actual mod fit for release around that one?

AlCapella

Jul 29, 2019
This is about a week old, and zerodaimaru (I'm probably totally butchering that name) is the developer of it.

Thanks for the heads up. I knew this news was slightly old anyway. I was hoping the mod doesn't become abandonware in light of all the other new magic mods taking up eyeball space lately. Seems like it won't.

Yulife

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the heads up. I knew this news was slightly old anyway. I was hoping the mod doesn't become abandonware in light of all the other new magic mods taking up eyeball space lately. Seems like it won't.
I am sorry to burst your bubble but I saw a tweet of him which contained a pastebin saying that he is more of a tech fan and that he and Mithion are making a new game together. Just tried to get the pastebin from my phone, however, it says the paste got removed.

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
I just uploaded a new version of RFTools with the following changelog:

1.11:
  • Implemented access control for both the transmitter and the receiver. See the manual for information on how it works.
  • When a destination analyzer block is placed next to a transmitter then the transmitter will also be able to check the status of the receiver and if there is a problem (like insufficient energy) the teleportation beam will be colored red. You can then use the dialing device to check the actual problem.
I think this mostly completes the teleportation system. Let me know if you find any bugs and issues. I still haven't added sound or better graphics but that isn't top priority right now.

DrowElf

Jul 29, 2019
So... optifine may be a hell of a lot more useful in 1.8?
Nope, 1.8 is so badly made there isn't much Optifine can fix.

From the linked post:
6. What can be done to fix it?
If there are 2 or 3 places which are wasting memory (bugs), then OptiFine can fix them individually. Otherwise a bigger refactoring of the Minecraft internals will be needed, which is a huge task and not possible for OptiFine.

tldr; When 1.8 is lagging and stuttering the garbage collector is working like crazy and is doing work which has nothing to do with the game itself (rendering, running the internal server, loading chunks, etc). Instead it is constantly cleaning the mess behind the code which thinks that memory allocation is "cheap".

Reactions: 1SDAN

DZCreeper

Jul 29, 2019
So... optifine may be a hell of a lot more useful in 1.8?

Sort of. Basically there is a new set of problems. Optifine doesn't need to concern itself with FPS as much but now we have the battle of trying to fix the insane memory consumption. Either you need gobs of memory (Not everyone can have 16GB like me) or a stupidly fast processor for garbage collection (Not everyone can have a 4690K at 4.8Ghz), or something needs to get fixed. Tweaking garbage collection will help in some cases, but it only offers ways to even out the problem, not remove it.

Reactions: Vasa