What's new in modded minecraft today?

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Before you can call something OP, or Overpowered, you first need to define what is 'powered' for it to be over. The term is inherently subjective based on an individual's perspective, and one which might not be universally shared.

Calling anything OP as an objective statement is just as bad a fallacy as calling anything inherently 'good' or 'evil' as an objective statement. It's a subjective term defined by the individual using it.

Name a pack for which it would be OP and you might at least have a case for debate, as to if it fits in the pack or it does not. But at least then you would have some basis for comparison. As the statement stands, however, you are, in effect, dividing by zero. You are making a referential statement without any point of reference to define it.

Reply moved to RED thread.
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/thr...scussion-red-thread.45220/page-90#post-736375

Reactions: Fixided

Fixided

Jul 29, 2019
On behalf of @Reika
http://www.minecraftforum.net/forum...-worldgen-civilization-and-more?comment=10776
Sneak peek:
qmdANXE.png

PbveNuw.png

1T31b6B.png

gQf0Ig6.png

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
new day, new update, and today we're starting with @immibis with an update for Simple Recycling
immibis said:
Simple Recycling 59.0.0
  • Updated to Minecraft 1.7.10 and Thermal Expansion 4.

and @Erasmus Crowley with an update for Ex Nihilo
Erasmus Crowley said:
Ex Nihilo 1.35
  • Removed the ability for crooks to dig up lily pads in shallow ponds. You'll have to use a fishing pole now.
  • Restored Forestry compatibility, including Artificial Hives and Scented Artificial Hives.
  • Restored Thermal Expansion compatibility.
  • Added TE Pulverizer recipes for all the ores that they are compatible with.
  • Fixed sugar cane seeds bring completely broken.
  • Fixed rubber seeds not working for MFR rubber trees.

and @mDiyo with an update for Tinkers Construct
mDiyo said:
Tinkers Construct 1.6.0d39
  • Fix autosmelt-interaction not respecting the amount of items created by the smelting-recipe
  • Many materials have been buffed, including wood and steel
  • Crafting stations cannot have items pulled from them
  • Fix blue slime buckets crashing on placement
  • Pig Iron now has a sizzling block
  • Fix gravel ore being harvestable without shovel
  • Obsidian ingots are castble again.

and @ganymedes01 with a new mod called Headcrumbs
ganymedes01 said:
This mod used to be a simple feature from Gany's End but by popular demand I decided to release it as a separate mod.

What the mod adds:

You can, of course, remove and add names to the celebrities list at any time using the configs!

Download

screen-shot-2014-08-09-at-00.png
screen-shot-2014-08-09-at-00.png
screen-shot-2014-08-09-at-01.png
screen-shot-2014-08-09-at-01.png

Modpacks:
You can use this in any pack public or private. Don't ask for permission, you already have it.
You are also allowed to modify the mechanics of this mod in any way you want (recipes, ore dictionary names and etc), as long as it's done by a third party mod and keeping this mod file intact.

For modders and advanced users:
If you'd like to use this mods heads with your mod and you know how to use reflection:
ganymedes01.headcrumbs.utils.HeadUtils.createHeadFor(EntityPlayer player)
or
ganymedes01.headcrumbs.utils.HeadUtils.createHeadFor(String username)
will return an ItemStack containing one head of the passed player. Feel free to use them anyway you'd like

and @ephys who released his port for Tinkers Steelworks
Ephys said:
I mostly completed my port/rewrite of tinkers' steelworks but the future changes can wait.
As I rewrote most of the code, here are the changes:

Requires Forge 1197+ for 1.7.10
Requires TConstruct & dependencies
Requires CookieCore 1.2.0+. Get it here once curse validates it:
http://minecraft.curseforge.com/mc-mods/222908-cookiecore/files

Changes:
  • The steam turbine has a blacklist of alloys it will not dealloy (config)
  • The steam turbine is no longer a part of the deep tank, you can use it anywhere you want (pipe alloys in the back, pipe out dealloys out the front). I'll make it possible to use it in the deep tank too in a future version.
  • Changed the way liquid cement hardens, and oh god is it fun to watch.
Nerfs:
  • The high oven does not have more than 6 smeltable inventory slots, even if you build a bigger high oven. It had more slots before, they just weren't displayed on the GUI.
  • The charcoal has been nerfed, it still lasts a while but doesn't produce as much heat as before
  • The high oven won't transform all of its water into steam at once, it will instead produce a configurable amount per layer per tick (actually every 40 ticks, it produces 40 times that amount).
Fixes:
  • Producing steam places the steam at the bottom of the high oven internal tank, easier to get it out.
  • Water will be turned into steam even if it's not touching the bottom of the oven
  • Rewrote the fluid display in the deep tank, it should be friendlier on FPS
Buffs:
  • (riking) If the structure is broken, the high oven will lost half of its temperature every second instead of loosing all of it instantly.
  • No more size limit on the deep tank, go wild !
  • The deep tank's capacity depends on the type of glass used to build it. You can add glass types and configure their capacity per block in the config. You might want to change these values because I set them really high.
Report any bug on the github bug tracker.

Toops: obviously you're free to copy the port & modify anything you want, it's still your mod I'm just porting. (though if you need help in the future don't hesitate to tell me)

Original mod: http://minecraft.curseforge.com/mc-mods/79113-tinkers-steelworks

Tanks riking for the help ! :3

88VoidMiner88

Jul 29, 2019
This is a good thing, in my opinion. Even though the Traveller's gear is amazing, I don't think it fits too well with the rest of the content in TCon, so maybe this whole thing will inspire someone to come out and release a modular and customizable armor mod that isn't focused on powersuits.
I thought the traveller's gear wasn't considered as an armor? Only the exo suit

jaredlll08

Jul 29, 2019
I dunno, I don't see any rings or necklaces, just the soldering station. You're the first to make a tech baubles mod, but I appear to be first to actually adding a bauble.

Just to note, this isn't going to be a bauble addon. Only happens when you have baubles installed. Mod comes with other things. Right now not many other things :p
Once again you are still wrong, take a look at https://github.com/jaredlll08/Electrified-Trinkets,
if you look I added baubles around 23 days ago, https://github.com/jaredlll08/Electrified-Trinkets/commit/2d32622210f066c965bf0e78d3ca5b9188bc9239
more than that because I started without setting up github.

Revemohl

Jul 29, 2019
Not the same? As what an armor that douse not exist?
(...)
Definitely not the same, this coming from a huge Dartcraft fan who's loved the mod ever since Dire first spotlighted it. You only need speed+flight+sturdy on four pieces, then heat in three of those pieces, and bam, you have the best possible armor with no room for sidegrades at all because those don't exist.
Anyway, sorry for the slight derail.

Also, neat, TCon finally got the material changes from the last experimental builds on 1.7? I hope that includes the Nether stuff nerf because why not.

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
Definitely not the same, this coming from a huge Dartcraft fan who's loved the mod ever since Dire first spotlighted it. You only need speed+flight+sturdy on four pieces, then heat in three of those pieces, and bam, you have the best possible armor with no room for sidegrades at all because those don't exist.
Anyway, sorry for the slight derail.

Also, neat, TCon finally got the material changes from the last experimental builds on 1.7? I hope that includes the Nether stuff nerf because why not.
More subjective terms! How is it the best? Defensively? In abilities?

Qazplm601

Lord of the Tumbleweeds
Sep 21, 2013
Where else?
Reactions: 1SDAN and Fixided

SpwnX

Jul 29, 2019
What does that mean?
Debugging flag (jvm argument), i guess. I have used two similar ones while debugtestingcrashing 1.3-debug1 to 8 for Player.

Edit: It seems i'm wrong.
A post from player that explains this line
player said:
That's due to some code differences in MCPC, I've added the startup option -Dfastcraft.asm.permissive (has to be before -jar) which disables hook insertion validation, which is fine for the case you had. It requires some extra care in regards of backups and testing however.

Last edited:
Reactions: RedBoss and Fixided